Cloud9

ryno

I havent been there in a few months, but I did go back when they first opened up, and I wasnt overly impressed. The hookahs were Sahara mulit hoses, and the only shisha offered at the time was King Moassel. I have been in there lately and saw they added Starbuzz to the menu, and I think some AF..... They also used screens and akhla QLs.... Overall it wasnt the worst session I could have had, but it could have been better. They also like to overcharge for the shisha for sale. $15 for a 250g of AF or Nakhla. A box of cocos for 20

On a good note though, the place itself is really chill. Has alot of couches and small tables, and usually good music. Also, next door there is a pretty decent coffee shop with live bands some nights, and you can see them in the longue (the longue is the back room of a headshop, and its connected to the coffee house)

• 3 months later...
Well, as my supplies are running low, me and some friends decided to go check out the lounge again. They have upgraded to using coconaras now, but they are using mod bowls and screens with them. Everything else is the same.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (ryno @ May 13 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, as my supplies are running low, me and some friends decided to go check out the lounge again. They have upgraded to using coconaras now, but they are using mod bowls and screens with them. Everything else is the same.

I can't tell from the pic, but since you go by Ryno and live in my old home town, your name isn't Ryan is it? If so, do you have a brother named Chad?

(Fort Wayne is tiny so I suppose it's possible)

• 7 months later...
Fort Wayne's actually a relatively large city, for the Midwest. But yeah... basically what Ryno said, Cloud9 has its ups and downs. Overall, I must say that I am growing pretty tired of them. I love the atmosphere (when its not crowded with high schoolers and their obnoxious jam bands). They're overpriced, and honestly set up a pretty crappy pipe. They usually carry a decent selection of bowls, pipes, and SB in the shop, with the occassional AF or Nakh... but again, overpriced.

On the bright side, they're attached to their other shop, The Bean cafe, which offers pretty admirable service with good drinks at a respectable price, and will bring them over to you in the lounge if you're smoking... but once again, you have to make sure not to hit it up during rush hour.

• 4 months later...
Prices are still way over priced at cloud9. Never used their lounge just picked up a few things for my own hookah. One of the nice things although still over priced..lol is you can buy shots or samples whatever you wanna call them from any of their starbuzz they have in for the lounge side. Nice way to check out some flavors without dropping lots of cash or having unused unliked shisha.

[quote name='NitetimeReign' date='07 May 2010 - 06:00 AM' timestamp='1273226453' post='467084']
Prices are still way over priced at cloud9. Never used their lounge just picked up a few things for my own hookah. One of the nice things although still over priced..lol is you can buy shots or samples whatever you wanna call them from any of their starbuzz they have in for the lounge side. Nice way to check out some flavors without dropping lots of cash or having unused unliked shisha.
[/quote]

I noticed they sell 50g and 25g of shisha (Starbuzz). Can they legally sell hookah tobacco in different amounts than the manufacturer makes?

I'm actually not sure how that works..but I know they pull it from their lounge supply and sell it all the way up to 100g out of theirs. Not sure about the laws on that but you do bring up a good point..HMMMM

[quote name='mushrat' date='08 May 2010 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1273357889' post='467259']
They better have the right federal permits or the MAN can come looking for them.

Now if they GIVE the samples away I believe it's ok.
[/quote]

No Mush they actually sell like the 25g for $4.50 and then so on. And this place basically looks like they are lucky to have the tobacco permit itself let alone any on the side that are needed. They are 2 businesses in 1 a Cafe and Then the Hookah lounge. Let's just say they have to be surviving from the Cafe side by the way they take care of the lounge.

• 2 years later...