Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
MWlax00

Adding Honey To Nakhla

Okay, so my nakhla was extremely dry, so i decided to add some honey to it. I didn't add too much, from what i know. Just enough to make it a lil stickier and wetter.
I loaded a bowl into a phunnel, and got like zero flavor. It wasn't bad, nor good, just like, nothing.
I know the batch was good before the honey because i smoked it daily.
also, it was windy outside, but i dont think that should matter too much
what do you guys think went wrong? and what shuld i do?
Is it possible to add too muh honey? (but i dont think i did.)

any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

cam

Oh, it was nakhla cinnamon
and it kinda smelled like cinnamon, but not as much as it did before i added the honey.

nakhla is normally on the dry side... did you smoke any before you added the honey?

just because a shisha is "dry" doesn't mean it won't smoke well... FYI

Did you keep the shisha in an air tight container? It's possible that all the flavor has evaporated out of the shisha. In that case honey probably won't do much for your problem.

I know you said you didn't add too much, but any additions is gonna change the flavor somewhat....maybe you actually did put too much. Let it sit out for a little and see if anything changes.

Also if you have used a good portion of the shisha, and you did not mix it well, then you could just have a section that did not have much flavoring/juice on it.

nakhla cinnamon is the strongest flavor ive ever smoked. its probly the honey killn it for some reason, try glycerin next time maybe?

If you use too much honey it will probably make it sweeter and kill the cinnamon taste, you need to mix in 5 tsp of glycerin. Buy it at Michaels or something it is 1.50 for 2 oz which is enough for 2 250g tubs, and 1 tsp of honey, and you will be good to go my friend.

as i have often lamented with nahkla.

38mls of glycarin, 10mls of natural honey to 250g's of tobacco.

Mix well. leave for 24hrs. Mix well again. Smoke.

JD

yes, JD was the creator of the amounts and glyc/honey, i just followed his recipe and it works amazingly well. I gave you props for that somewhere JD, just so you know biggrin.gif

call me a dumb yankee JD for not knowing metric, but how many spoonfuls does your formula come out to? sorry to semi-threadjack...

thanks for the replies guys. i think i may have added too much
and yes, i did smoke it before adding the honey, and it was hit and miss. sometime it would be amazing and think, othertimes it would suck. yes, same paking method and hole pattern