Hydro Herbal Shisha Reviews

mushrat

Post your reviews below for Hydro Herbal Shisha. This is for reviews only. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Hydro Herbal (flavour)

• 2 weeks later...
Aurora (Pineapple) Hydro Herbal Shisha

Cut: Looks like fine grass in molasses.

Smell: Smells just like pineapple. The smell is really overpowering but very mouthwatering!! Soaked in a lot of molasses.

Smoke: This stuff produces a lot of smoke!! It seems like it lingers a lot more than tobacco smoke. Almost has a cold feeling to the smoke.

Flavor: Flavor is really good. Has more of a pina colada flavor than pineapple. Probably the most flavorful shisha I have had yet. You really can't taste the herbs. All you get is a bunch of flavor.

Buzz: Absolutely none. You really realize that even though some tobacco shisha's might seem like they don't have a buzz, they really do.

Rating: 10/10 I can't say anything bad about this shisha. You really can't expect a buzz from this since there is no tobacco. The flavor is excellent and the smoke is a plenty. For those of you who don't need the tobacco buzz, I highly recommend this stuff!!!

Razmataz (Raspberry) Hydro Herbal Shisha

Cut: Looks like fine grass in molasses.

Smell: Smells like raspberry koolaide. The smell is very overpowering. Soaked in a lot of molasses.

Smoke: This stuff produces a lot of smoke!! It seems like it lingers a lot more than tobacco smoke. Almost has a cold feeling to the smoke.

Flavor: Flavor is pretty good. I've never been a huge fan of raspberry flavored shisha, but this one is probably the best. Again, probably the most flavorful shisha I have had yet. You really can't taste the herbs. All you get is a bunch of flavor.

Buzz: Absolutely none. You really realize that even though some tobacco shisha's might seem like they don't have a buzz, they really do.

Rating: 10/10 I can't say anything bad about this shisha. You really can't expect a buzz from this since there is no tobacco. The flavor is excellent and the smoke is a plenty. For those of you who don't need the tobacco buzz, I highly recommend this stuff!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hydro GREEN ICE

Setup: Modern Hookah with a homemade diffuser
Bowl: Tangier's Phunnel with 3 Coconaras
Hose: Nammor
Screen/Foil: Heavy Duty Foil with 3 rings of many small holes
Liquid In base: Water and Some Ice

Cut: Looks like colored grass clippings. Not as juicy as others (Starbuzz, Fantasia, Fumari...) I added a little Vegetarian Glycerine (Whole Foods) to it because it did seem a little dry.

Smell: Very nice and cool. Smelled like some kind of gum. Like a Spearmint or something.

Taste: Coooooool. I love this flavor! This stuff tastes like it smells! This is a great after-dinner-mint treat.

Smoke Thickness: Very thick smoke!! I like thick and dense smoke that still has taste, not ash. This was great! Keep in mind, however, that I did add some glycerine to it cuz it looked a little dryer than I'm used to.

Buzz: None (it's herbal)

Duration: I smoked this bowl for maybe an hour with no harshness at all!

Overall: 10/10. I can't deduct for the lack of a buzz. Even tho my phunnel bowl looked like a freakin' bird's nest with this stuff in it, the flavor/smell/smoke was amazing! Get this stuff!

• 3 weeks later...
Hydro Green Ice (Spearmint)

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Hemi Bowl
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Synthetic Leather
Coals: Coconara's
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Looks like dead grass clippings from my backyard then dyed red
Nicotine: 0.0%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Like Spearmint
Taste: Just like spearmint
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 1.5 Hours

Purchased From: Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall: 9/10 I was quite surprised at this shisha. There is just the slightest undertone of herbal taste, but you have to really search the smoke for it. The cut is so unique, I can pack my Hemi twice with this shisha which is rare for a 50g pack. If you are thinking about herbal, this is definitely something to look into.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Razmataz (Raspberry) Hydro Herbal Shisha

The Hookah: 36" KM Ice, KM hose, Exotica coals, water based.

Cut: long thin fibers... just like in Stuie's pics. Was wet with red juice

Smell: Had a sweet raspberry like smell... made me anxious to try it

Smoke: Pretty good smoke, as good if not better than many tobacco's

Flavor: The raspberry was evident and not bad, but there was something else in there that was throwing me off. I was actually disappointed considering the smell and previous Hydro reviews. This was my first Hydro try and I have several more Hydro flavors in my drawer to try... the "off" flavor that I did not particularly care for may be the herbs, I'll know for sure after I try some of the other Hydro's.

Rating: 6.5/10 It was OK is the best I can say. I love the idea of a healthier smoke, but this isn't one I would try again.

John Edited by jdehart

• 1 month later...
Hydro Tropical Storm (Mango)

Mya QT
Nammor Hose
Eqyptian Bowl

Cut: Kinda looks like wood fibers

Smell: Smelled amazing. Very similar to cutting into a ripe mango.

Smoke: As big as any premium tobacco on the market. Huge white puffy clouds.

Flavor: It had a very sweet flavor. Very similar to that of a real mango. Like some of the other reviews have said there is a slight herbal taste to it, which I did not mind at all. I got a very weird tickling sensation in the back of my throat which I found to be kind of annoying.

Overall I would give this a 9/10. It tastes very good and would get a 10, if it were not for the weird feeling in the back of my throat when I would take a hit. Overall not a bad smoke at all. I'll probably keep some in my rotation of shishas.

• 9 months later...
Hydro Herbal Hydropurple (Grape)

[b]Packing:[/b] Mini Phunnel, loose AF-pack, pin sized holes.

[b]Smell:[/b] Artificial Grape...like a cheap purple grape candy. It made me slightly queasy.

[b]Heat:[/b] It can work well with a wide array of heat....smokes decently with the slightest of heat. If you increase the heat, the flavor scales proportinately without a hint of burning. You have to really try to burn this disaster....i mean, crap.

[b]Taste:[/b] Take Grape Kool-Aid and strain it through lawn clippings....then take the lawn clippings and pack that in your bowl...

[b]Stash Priority:[/b] I would slap anyone who gave me this....maybe Chris will take it. :)

[b]Final Thoughts:[/b] FML... Edited by Arcane

• 7 months later...
[b]Hydro [color="#ff0000"]Red Venom (Cherry)[/color][/b]
[b]
Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mammon OG Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Looks like dead grass clippings from my backyard then dyed red
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.0%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Cherry
[b]Taste:[/b] Cherry
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]None
[b]Duration: [/b]2 Hours

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]8/10 The smell is light cherry. The taste is a mild cherry similar to cherry medicine with more on the cherry side with a medicine taste undertone. It's not as strong as Nakhla Cherry which a lot of people will like, but it's a really good smoke. Not the best cherry but not something I would throw away.

• 3 months later...
[size="3"][b]Hydro [color="#8b0000"]Dr. 23 (Dr Pepper)[/color]
[/b][/size]
[b]Hookah:[/b] Khalil Mammon Kamanja Star
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Looks like dead grass clippings from my backyard then dyed red
[b]Smell:[/b] Fuity tones
[b]Taste:[/b] Cola with fruity tones
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good Clouds
[b]Duration: [/b]2 Hours

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]8/10 Now being a Texan, Dr Pepper is in my blood. Since I am on the diet, probably only 60% Dr Pepper... hahaha. I am big critic when it comes to Dr Pepper Flavored stuff. I must say I am impressed. It's not spot on (don't think anything outside from the DP company can be). It's a cola taste base with some fruitier tones. It tastes very similar to knock off Dr Pepper drinks. It's a close shot, but I was hoping for. I will be buying more when I am on my diet and can't drink Dr Pepper.

• 4 months later...
Hydroponics (Peach) Hydro Herbal Shisha

Set-up: Small chinese hookah with standard bowl. 3-kings Quicklight coal. Tap water in the base.

Cut: Looks like finely grated celery. I believe it is a sugar cane base.

Smell: Smells just like peaches, but not quite spot on for real peach, more of an artificial smell.

Smoke: This stuff had the nicest smoke out of any herbal I've tried (mostly SOEX). Nice & thick, just like I expect from normal shisha.

Flavor: The flavour was surprisingly good. My expectations for herbal have been very low, but this cetainly exceeded them. It tasted like artificial peach, and the flavour was pretty subtle, but it was still good. The flavour maintained right until the end of the bowl when there was simply no smoke left.

Buzz: N/A

Rating: 9/10, this is by far the best herbal shisha I have had to date, and my first experience with Hydro. I would definitely buy it again, I quite enjoyed it. I still prefer regular shisha, but for the cost difference, this is definitely a solid buy.

• 1 month later...
[b]Hydro [color="#2E8B57"]Double Apple[/color]
[/b]

[b]Bowl:[/b] Egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Mya
[b]Coals:[/b] 1 Golden
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Chilled Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Sugar cane fibers, very red
[b]Smell:[/b] Sweet Sweet apple
[b]Taste:[/b] The apple is there, it's very mild but pleasant still. Sweet taste but not anise.
[b]Smoke:[/b] decent clouds, but I don't try for big clouds.
[b]Duration: [/b]1.5 hours total

[b]Overall: 8/10 [/b] If I see this stuff at a good price I will pick some up. It's not the greatest apple, but a good smoke nonetheless.
[b]
[/b]

• 1 year later...
Hydro herbal mango

Setup: mya gelato
Bowl: standard Egyptian
Base liquid: water
Cover/foil: precut foil circles
Hose: standard mya hose
Coals: golden coal QL

Cut: looks like dried grass or maybe wood fibers dyed a colorful red
Smell: MANGO! very punget
Buzz: none
Smoke: thick clouds
Taste: easily identifiable as mango
Duration: 1.5 hours

Overall rating: I would give this flavor a 9/10. I loved the fact that you could easily taste the mango and it left a plesant taste in your mouth. It was very sweet and reminded you more of a candy mango rather than a real one. I still highly reccomend this flavor.
Edited by Fouda1122gbf

• 11 months later...

Hydro Aurora (Pineapple)

Hookah: Tokel Tuğralı 
Bowl: Kasbah Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Coals: Coconara

Appearance: Looks like dead grass clippings from my backyard
Smell: Sweet
Taste: Pineapple Candy
Duration: 2 Hours

Overall: 8/10 It’s alright. Tastes kind of like pineapple lifesavers just not as sweet. Good flavor, just not all the strong. Good mixer with Raspberry or Blueberry.

Hydro Kali Drizzle (Grape Bubble Gum)

Hookah: Tokel Tuğralı 
Bowl: Kasbah Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Coals: Coconara

Appearance: Looks like dead grass clippings from my backyard
Smell: Grape Kool-Aid
Taste: Grape Bubble Gum
Duration: 2 Hours

Overall: 9/10 Really does taste like Grape Bubblicious Bubble Gum. It’s very nice but the flavor gets old to me half way through the second coals. That’s just me.