How Much Is Your Local Hookah Bar?

Lol, everywhere is cheap compared to the rape here.

Traditional Hookah: 12 bucks and 5 per refilll (Assume it's nakhla)

Premium Hookah: 15 bucks and 7.50 per refill (Al Fakher)

Exotic Hookah: 20 bucks and 10 per refill (Starbuzz)

OH and the bowls hold like ~15 grams so it doesn't last more than 45 minutes. Edited by click

It's pretty bad right in the heart of SF as well. I honestly can't remember how much we spent between 3 of us but I believe it was close to $40 after they forced us to buy a drink (at $3 a pop for a bottle of water) or else they weren't going to bring us our hookah... I've decided to never go to another hookah bar unless I own it, which is a way down the road. or if one of you guys owns it. basically everyone on here is legit. Edited by Dylank0010

QUOTE (freezerburn456 @ Jan 28 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine is
8.99 for nakhla/layalina rose, mint, strawberry, apple, melon, peach
10.99 for nakhla/layalina/romann all other flavors
18.99 for starbuzz up to 2 flavors
19.99 for starbuzz 3 or more flavors/master blends
24.99/29.99 for base changes

those are kinda typical for the dallas area

Geez that's rediculous, I'd make a killing opening up a bar in Dallas, I'd cut those prices in half....

And the bar I use to work at/frequent was $7.50 for anything including AW/Layalina/Fusion/Starbuzz/Nakhla. Fruit heads were dependent on what kind of fruit it was and if you provided the fruit yourself and was anything from apples to watermelons. Refills were $3 and included anything on the menu, ice in the base was no additional charge. Edited by Victim026

QUOTE (Karot @ Jan 29 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jako, I used to live in SLC, you ever go to the downtown hookah lounge? That place was shitty, super harsh, and my $1 PBR was warm.

Yes, its a waste of time which is a trajedy, because two years ago the place was NEVER popular, more attention form the owners. We would troup in their (8-12 of us) after a poker night, get great (probably illegal) drinks, smoke awsme hookah and have smaller tabs.

The owners crapped on the place after it picked up steam. A WAITING list for hookah, while the owners smoked two hookahs at a private table, bad shisha, bad heat management etc.

Only the Murray Huka Bar is great for the gals..holy hell. biggrin.gif

I used to pay $10 a bowl in Seattle, Laylina only, I knew the owner and refills were either free or like 2 bucks. Then he sold the place and I got charged 18, the new owners ran the place into the ground. Its been closed after a fire for months now.

QUOTE (newjacksm @ Jan 29 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (johnb73 @ Jan 29 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$20 for AF $25 for starbuzz and $5 for refills 4people to a hookah.... its robbery

pretty bad but if its 4 people to a hookah thats not to bad. then again though NYC prices are usually very high and Im assuming thats not NYC.

its Boston... but i almost understand because the state of MA makes any indoor smoking establishment install a VERY expensive ventilation system and even after that they may get denied permission to open. A lounge near my parents just spent $75,000 on their ventilation system only to have their permission revoked after it was already granted months before hand

• 4 years later...
Place I worked was $23 for AF, It was your only option. Refills were $20, each person had to also spend atleast $5 a piece on food or drinks (juice was $3, coke was $2) and then the next lowest price thing you could get was pita bread with one kabob for $10. That was robbery. Mya standard hookahs, nothing special either.

It has been a while, but one place was 15$ for the hookah solo, 3$ extra per person up to 4 per hookah. Ice was 1.50$ and if you got their line That was "killer buzz" was an extra $5ish.  They used egyptians and rotators. Thats what got me to smoking at home. It was just too much for one session, also they Fking sucked at heat managment and would not give you tongs.

$10 dollars a bowl in the day

$13 dollars a bowl at night.

only lounge round these parts unless u go to sd. woulnt be so bad if they learned how to manage the coals.

Phunnel bowl of tangiers at Pavo's lounge (Cherry Bomb): $10

+10 jess for the plug in :)

Also we might be adding another size to the lounge instead of the standard one size, due to demand :) 

but most lounges in my area are 15+ depending on the night and the tobacco and what not but we are flat rate for all tangiers :)

I wanna go to your lounge, Pavo... if I'm ever within an hour I'm so there!

Also, haven't been to many lounges since I've been in NYC, but back in Colorado i never paid more than $15 for a hookah, usually less than $12 Edited by CO_hookah