Expired Shisha?

Ok here's the deal.

I went to go buy some tobacco from a local smoke shop here in Fairfield, CA. And i had bought 2 King Moassel tubs of Plum and Kiwi & Lime.

So i when i started smoking the tabacco, i read under the box that it expires on the 05/07 which was 1 ina half years ago. and the Kiwi & Lime was even older about around in '05?

None of us felt sick or nauseated The flavor was still there.

Is there a downside of smoking expired tabacco?

QUOTE (inino @ Jan 28 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the 05 one i would be a little sketchy about, it could be really dry, but the 07 should be fine, as long it smells good and smoke good you should be fine.

yeah that's what i was thinking. the 05' im kinna iffy about. I just told everybody "tabacco needs to be aged, its ok!" just so they can shut up about it haah.

I think it depends on the condition of the packaging and the way the shisha is made. Some can last past their expiration.. Some can't... I got some Nakhla Fruits as a gift around xmas, and I have no idea how old it was, as it had not expiration, and the art on the box was not like it is now. Now I tried to smoke it, and while I didn't get sick or anything, it just didn't have any flavor left in it..

This is in sharp comparison to some Al-Fahker I had, that was rancid, and completely smelt like rotten fruit...

There is nothing wrong with smoking expired tobacco. The only thing that you should be careful of is if it has started to ferment and smell like vinegar or something. Some of the best tobacco that I have smoked in the last year is original blends of Starbuzz thats 3 or 4 years expired. As long as it has been sealed well and all of the molasses hasnt seeped out you should be just fine.

some expired shisha is ok, like af, and I think it's good since i believe they had a better product back before they changed ownership. Most of the af i smoke is expired.
King Moassel on the other hand is crap when it's at it's freshest. I couldn't imagine smoking it expired. In fact I can't believe that someone would have that stocked in their store. What a joke. Didn't they have anything else you could have chosen from?