Thicker, Better Tasting Smoke From An Egyptian Bowl

Cerritus

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this, but after reading about scalli's newest idea this is what I came up with.

If you make a ring of foil and put it in your bowl with the shisha you get better smoke. The heat gets transferred to all the shisha more evenly, so it heats throughout. I'm smoking a from a standard egyptian bowl and getting thicker clouds with more flavor that from any phunnel bowl I've ever smoked.

Try it and let me know how it works for you smile.gif

QUOTE (Cerritus @ Jan 27 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this, but after reading about scalli's newest idea this is what I came up with.

If you make a ring of foil and put it in your bowl with the shisha you get better smoke. The heat gets transferred to all the shisha more evenly, so it heats throughout. I'm smoking a from a standard egyptian bowl and getting thicker clouds with more flavor that from any phunnel bowl I've ever smoked.

Try it and let me know how it works for you smile.gif

i can think of about 6 different ways to do this...pictures?

• 2 weeks later...
i'll try the two ring idea tomorrow when i smoke and i'll post how it goes. I've tried the ring idea where you put the ring on the inside of the bowl but i was a small bowl pack but it worked pretty well. I was impressed with it but i will need to try the two ring idea out.

My hookah's bowl is bronze, and I always cover the inside with foil - not to distribute heat evenly or something, just to help cleaning (yeah, I like my hookah nice and tidy). I also perforate the inside covering as I do with the top covering. As I said, I didn't do this to make any special smoke effect, just because it was how I thought you were supposed to do it.

Anyhoo, I always wondered why my hookah produced much more (and better tasting) smoke than the really good ones I smoke from at bars and an egyptian (no idea what brand it is, it was actually bought in egypt I think) a friend of mine has - now I'm wondering if this "technique" of mine doesn't have any influence. I mean, it must distribute heat more evenly, and the holes in the bottom layer probably distribute the heated air more evenly throughout the shisha. Anyone wanna give this a try and compare with the normal amount of smoke? biggrin.gif

well jhanzair I do exactly as you do it. For the same keeping it cleaner reason and easy removal factor. I am going to try that inner ring idea. Sounds like a good idea question on that tho. Do you leave a gap so that the smoke from the outer side can go in it or punch holes through the wall... Any special technique.. For thick smoke I usually put ice cubes in the base with the water.. Works everytime.

• 9 months later...
i am in the process of trying this out. Nak Mizo Orange flavor.

It has been going for 2 hours
Three rounds of coals
Lots of smoke and good flavor.

I say it works, but it may just be the Nak. i will try this again though

[quote name='blagage' date='15 December 2009 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1260932813' post='439462']
i am in the process of trying this out. Nak Mizo Orange flavor.

It has been going for 2 hours
Three rounds of coals
Lots of smoke and good flavor.

I say it works, but it may just be the Nak. i will try this again though
[/quote]

Nakhla Mizo lasts forever. Congrats on the good session.

my opinion it acts like a wind screen inside the bowl.. it will let give you more heat with less oxygen inside and that will burn the tobacco but without less oxygen the tobacco wont burn as hot

ice in the base gives just makes the smoke less harsh. Edited by benikou