How Long Does It Take To Air Out A Room?

After a smoking session, how long does it usually take the room to stop smelling like you smoked in it? We'll say its a bedroom with a window on two walls. For example, if someone came over and you didn't want them to know that you smoke anything, how long would the lapse be between your last session, and when they couldn't smell it anymore?

Does it depend on the flavor? It seems like it took about 5-10 minutes to air out my garage after smoking double apple, but peach was hardly noticeable even during the smoke.

So whats the time frame?

It shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes. Open the windows while you smoke, and turn on a celing fan (or get a fan and point it towards the wondow). Give yourself at least 30 and you should be safe. It really isn't too flavor dependant, although has you correctly pointed out, the "softer" the flavor, the less noticeable it will be.

smoked in my friends room this past weekend 2-3 times at night. left the hookah sitting in there without cleaning the bowl. you couldnt tell cept one time when they used CH coals and that left a smell i could kinda smell the next day. but as far as the shisha smell, it was gone really quick... this was after a few hours of 3-5 people smoking.

don't know, cause i really don't care since it's my house

Although acclimating Tangiers does fill the house...with some flavors is so freaking awesome!

i find it so sad that some people have to hide their hookah habbits. well im gonna go smoke some nakhla double apple in my living and know that knowone cares gnight Edited by Fluffy

QUOTE (Fluffy @ Jan 22 2009, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i find it so sad that some people have to hide their hookah habbits. well im gonna go smoke some nakhla double apple in my living and know that knowone cares gnight

it is kinda sad... I smoke right in my living room, or on my balcony... windows open neighbors staring... had the pedo-neighbor call the cops on me once thinking it was something else... cop knew what it was though and took a few hits with me. =)

back on topic though, I love the smell of hookah lol I like having it linger in my home.

Just remember.... Just like with fragrance, once your nose becomes accustomed to the smell you don't smell it anymore. That's why women often get caught over-doing it on the perfume. You may stop smelling it but someone else walking into the room may smell it long after you've been able to detect it. And just like with cigarette smoke it will get caught in the fabric of the room and build up a lingering odor. Since I smoke almost exclusively in my bedroom it smells like I've got incense going all the time from the build up in the drapes and carpet. It's not a bad odor - very floral/fruity/spicy, but it's definitely there.

'Rani