Introductions seem to be in order.

JByer323

Well ladies, gentlemen, I found this place a few days ago, and after lurking around a bit, have gone ahead and registered.I'm from Indiana, and have been smoking the hookah for about three years now. My first experience with a hookah with shared with my by an older Egyptian gentleman, who is a Scoutmaster at the summer camp I work at. He shared it with me after I asked him about it, and I enjoyed it.A week later, my friends and I bought our first hookah with money we won from a demolition derby. It was a sign of things to come.Since this was over the summer we were still working at this camp, which happens to smack dab in the middle of a college town. But where to find a hookah? So we bought one from a headshop. Terrible idea, the thing was ugly, and the hose was had a velvet cover with green sparkly flames. It was bad.On top of it, they forgot our bowl. Well, not wanting to wait 'till the next day to smoke our newly aquired toy, we decided to wing it. Even with all the Southern Comfort in us, the idea of using a plastic bottle as the bowl seemed like a horrible idea, but use it we did. Our first smoke was ghetto as hell, but moderately successful. We were hooked.By the end of the summer I had gone to a hookah bar and restaurant in Indianapolis that was up class all the way, and bought my own Mya acrylic.I'm glad to say that my smoking habits have greatly improved over the years I have been doing it, and I look back on that first hookah and laugh. It's still around somewhere, we just can't quite bear to throw it away. I look forward to getting to know all of you, and learning more techniques. And I do appoligize for the long winded introduction.

[quote name='Tangiers']Welcome to you. I guess the standard greeting  committee is off doing things.<br>[/quote] Thank you, sir. I was starting to feel unwelcome.