Show Off Your Guns

NickReppinThe909

QUOTE (SimplexCoda @ Mar 21 2009, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I was lookin around today cause i would like to get a pistol for home defense since all i have currently is a bolt action .410. (not the only firearm i have, just the one i use for home defense, I have lots of others but some im not willing to fire at all and the rest are too large after all i live in a rental house and would love to get my deposit back.)

So i was lookin at the Springfield XD's.

Im a big fan of .40 cal because of speed and accuaracy.

But I was thinking in close cercumstances, would a .45 ACP be better due to the knock down power?

The two pistols i was thikin about are both XD tactacle (the tacs have 5 inch barrles)

but i was lookin at a .40 and a .45

Like i say im kinda partial to .40, but what do you guys think?

I think you would be okay with either, both will pack quite a punch considering that in ahome invasion situation you would prolly be aiming at something less then ten feet away. Although a shotgun would help cut down on the chance of collateral damage(in regards to human life) if the need to defend yourself arose. Are other people living in your rental house with you?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya other people are living in my house with me. But i think i have made the decision to go with a S&W .40. My dad has one that he is going to give me plus about 1000 rounds of ammo for it. So that makes the choice pretty easy. But i would still love an XD.