Called Al Fakher About Their Use Of Food Coloring

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha my bad : EVERYONE NICK THOUGHT OF THIS IDEA!!!

sorry man i wasn't really even thinking about it, I still don't even recall exactly what happened, was it in the chat you spoke of allergic reactions and such?

I think that is what went down.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 22 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha my bad : EVERYONE NICK THOUGHT OF THIS IDEA!!!

sorry man i wasn't really even thinking about it, I still don't even recall exactly what happened, was it in the chat you spoke of allergic reactions and such?

I think that is what went down.

lol it was scoops idea i just gave you the smaller less important idea of how to get info out of them

I think it depends on what they get the coloring from. If it's synthetic dye, it's probably bad. If it's dye made from organic sources of color, it isnt as bad depending on what it's from. If I found my shisha to be dyed with the coloring from roses or something, I dont think I would be as alarmed as if I found out it was a machine mixing chemicals together to form dyes.

In all honesty,

I've been smoking AF for over 2 years and I have noticed no real inconsistency in the quality of it. I have not a clue what you all are talking about. I've tried every single flavor in the AF line save cherry and the newest ones. I've been smoking Grape at the rate of 2 tubs of it to every one tub of any other flavor. Not single little inconsistency.

Pertaining to the dye, totally cosmetic and no one TRULY knows of its effects on the human body no matter its method of being taken in. It has always been said that Formaldehyde causes cancer for many years and called for its removal from science labs for quite some time. Ends up, the amount of exposure you need to it is equivalent to over a 100 years. Dye is no different. If it causes any sort of cancer, we'd start to see some of its first victims today since its been aroun for quite some time. I believe all this to be a much ado about nothing.

Don't get me wrong, keep us all posted. I'm very interested tongue.gif

It's interesting to me the backlash at Al Fakher all of the sudden.

Everytime someone brings it up, some people have to mention the "inconsistencies" and "ketchup". I opened up a grape once and it did smell like ketchup. A couple of days later it smelled like grape. Thats Al Fakher's fault. When that happens with another shisha company on here, its human error.

When Al Fakher has a bad batch...everyone crys and bemoans the evil company. When another company has a bad batch....its human error and we tell them to wait days and days for the tobacco to work right and teach them how to pack it right.

What's funny is that the other company is my favorite (you guys will guess what that is i'm sure)....but Al Fakher is pretty much the standard and perhaps the reason that people all around the US smoke and enjoy shisha. I gotta say that it is by far the best shisha that you can buy for the price. And i've tried almost all the major players.

Now all of the sudden there is this backlash about food coloring with little to no basis whatsoever? Were sending e-mails to ask for the ingredients of a tobacco product? Who knows what's in the flavors of any hookah product? In the end all that we have is the word of the manufacturer. It is fair to ask what the food coloring is made of, but this just seems like piling on.

The standard has been set pretty high for Al Fakher. Because of Al Fakher.

QUOTE (shalowlow @ Dec 23 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everytime someone brings it up, some people have to mention the "inconsistencies" and "ketchup". I opened up a grape once and it did smell like ketchup. A couple of days later it smelled like grape. Thats Al Fakher's fault. When that happens with another shisha company on here, its human error.

When Al Fakher has a bad batch...everyone crys and bemoans the evil company. When another company has a bad batch....its human error and we tell them to wait days and days for the tobacco to work right and teach them how to pack it right.

What's funny is that the other company is my favorite (you guys will guess what that is i'm sure)....but Al Fakher is pretty much the standard and perhaps the reason that people all around the US smoke and enjoy shisha. I gotta say that it is by far the best shisha that you can buy for the price. And i've tried almost all the major players.

Now all of the sudden there is this backlash about food coloring with little to no basis whatsoever? Were sending e-mails to ask for the ingredients of a tobacco product? Who knows what's in the flavors of any hookah product? In the end all that we have is the word of the manufacturer. It is fair to ask what the food coloring is made of, but this just seems like piling on.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

the food dye thing is for every manufacturer though not just AF because food dye is not good for you and has to have some sort of harmful effect and if there is a way to avoid doing any damage on top of what the tobacco is doing then its a good thing

QUOTE (shalowlow @ Dec 23 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well to be honest, if you look at my posting history, youll see ive been against food coloring for the last 2 years, and have almost exclusively smoked tobacco w/out coloring. if you can eliminate 1 negative aspect of smoking (inhaling food coloring) why not do so. if you dont know its a big deal, thats fine and dandy, but some people may.

personally, the topic could be changed to basically any of the tobaccos found on the market with few exceptions. i dont think this is an attack against AF. AF was probably easy to reach, and im sure if matt gets a real answer he may ask other companies. id do it myself, except i have no desire to smoke any of those companies anyhow, so an answer would be irrelevant.

in addition, AF used to known for its quality. now that it falls (its not the same thing...everyone can admit it) , its definitely something people can attack.

Scoop has it right, the reason people attack AF is because they were known for their quality and that it was bar none, now that is falling people notice it, so what the heck do you want us to say? If you pride yourself on quality, then a drop in quality should never happen.

It's like when Toyota was having quality issues back in umm I think 05, everyone started giving toyota shit, because that is what they were known for and all of a sudden they abandon that for whatever reasons, what do you think people are going to do shalowlow? Thats right bad talk them.

Also as Scoop said this isn't geared directly towards AF, after I get an answer from these people I am going to contact fusion as well as a few others.

I just had a few bad batches of AF in a row and it pissed me off, very unenjoyable and now I don't even think i could smoke their watermelon and mint which I once loved, because every time I smoke it I will taste that nasty batch and gag.

If you enjoy Af then good, I am glad, I did love it, and now I don't.

And if you think it is in my head guys, then think whatever you'd like. The past 3 boxes of AF I got were disgusting and that just turned me off big time.

Done and Done

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 23 2008, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scoop has it right, the reason people attack AF is because they were known for their quality and that it was bar none, now that is falling people notice it, so what the heck do you want us to say? If you pride yourself on quality, then a drop in quality should never happen.

It's like when Toyota was having quality issues back in umm I think 05, everyone started giving toyota shit, because that is what they were known for and all of a sudden they abandon that for whatever reasons, what do you think people are going to do shalowlow? Thats right bad talk them.

Also as Scoop said this isn't geared directly towards AF, after I get an answer from these people I am going to contact fusion as well as a few others.

I just had a few bad batches of AF in a row and it pissed me off, very unenjoyable and now I don't even think i could smoke their watermelon and mint which I once loved, because every time I smoke it I will taste that nasty batch and gag.

If you enjoy Af then good, I am glad, I did love it, and now I don't.

And if you think it is in my head guys, then think whatever you'd like. The past 3 boxes of AF I got were disgusting and that just turned me off big time.

Done and Done

I can't say I don't agree about the food coloring issue, but honestly....this is geared towards Al Fakher.

I have found that Al Fakher has been pretty good, if not finer cut recently, but it still smokes and tastes pretty much as good as it has in the past. If it's a taste issue then that is different. Like I said, I have my favorites and Al Fakher and Tangiers is pretty much what me and my friends smoke.

There seems to be a movement here to tell people to stop buying a product as a result of a drop in quality that is highly debatable. Not to mention that we never blame a distributor or a retailer....

I don't want to say it's in your head Matta because that's your perogative as to what you enjoy and don't enjoy it shouldn't matter if I like something or don't like something else, but I think there is a difference when one forces another to enjoy or not to enjoy something. To each his own and that's how it should be.

I remember reading old posts here where Eric would mention almost a frustration because there would be five posts a day about having trouble with Tangiers. It made it seem like there was a problem, but obviously people were not posting.."Just had tangiers....tasted like the package said it would." Made it look like a bigger problem than it was. I think it's almost the same idea here.

In the end, I think its cool to have so many different companies to choose from, but I think we should allow the companies to duke it out, and we should just sit back and enjoy the consequences.

I can't vouch for AF in the past, but the 2 tubs I bought to try them out were nasty. The sweet melon smelled like rotten fruit, and had to be chucked. The grape was sickeningly sweet, and had that rancid undertone. I smoked half the tub, but I can't do anymore. It's just not enjoyable.

So, AF has failed to impress me right off the bat. I have not had an experience like the one I had from AF. I went in having great expectations, as everyone raves about it. But it is the worst shisha I have ever had, bar none. I'll take romman over AF anyday...

to the whole grape ketchup thing, you know what the "natural" grape all smells like ketchup to me, even the af golden grape, but it smokes fine. eric was explaining how the chemicals that cause the smells are similar/ the same just in different concentrations, thus how airing out "bad" batches has helped

-matt

QUOTE (shalowlow @ Dec 23 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree. ive noticed that people here all like to jump on the bandwagon.

Bandwagon? Alright think what you want, the batches of AF I got were disgusting. 3 of my friends agreed also and we used to smoke AF every night. Call it a bandwagon or whatever you want, this post wasn't supposed to turn into a bunch of stupid drama, all I wanted was to inform you that I was going to find out what colorings are in AF shisha and in the future I would look into others, and all this drama came about and I had to "defend" myself against people calling it a bandwagon or whatever when in reality I was just trying to look out for possible causes that food coloring (an unneccessary item that was brought to my attention of possible danger) could cause.

Oh well I guess

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 23 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right? That's what I'm sayin, at least someone is sane and normal here.

I'll contact him, I'm sure he will see this thread anywhoo.

Wow, someone has an opinion different than yours and they're insane? I know you were probably kidding but come on!

You clearly have something against Al Fakher and have numerous posts about it...no need to act all high and mighty because your being called out.

Wow I am really suprised this is such a heated subject. I have nothing but good things to say about AF (well maybe no there Pineapple) and my batches have been fine, but if I was sent repeatedly f'd up shisha I would be curious as to what they were doing too