Called Al Fakher About Their Use Of Food Coloring

QUOTE (drabin @ Dec 21 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you still sitting here posting useless crap in your "info" thread?

Dude chill ghost...
Don't be a dick. You of all people... You rarely post anything besides for sale or for trade....
Jumping on the bandwagon isn't a always a bad thing. The civil rights movement was a "band wagon" that millions jumped on and the worlds a better place because of it. If you don't like what matt is saying stay the hell off the thread dude...

I myself avoid AF because of the inconsistency of the shisha and the fact I enjoy unwashed shisha more. Thats why Nakhla is my go to brand.

Dude r u serious? So one gets 1400+posts from for sale threads? Im member # 3,422, whats your #? How do you know what ive been posting in the past?

All i said was i dont understand why everyone is so anti food coloring. I was not rude to the OP, i did not offend him in anyway with my comment, i wished him good luck on his research. And you guys are jumping down my throat? So dont come in here telling me what i can post, what i cant post, and what ive been posting in the forums.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't trying to jump down your throat bud. If it came across like that I apologize, you know my record here ghost, I really don't try nor want to start shit with anyone, I just don't like when I'm told i jumped on a bandwagon when it is something for the better. If dye is bad for us and does nothing for us then why should it be there? It shouldn't. We aren't 10 years old and attracted to colorful things, they should get rid of the coloring. So I wanted to know what color numbers they used because certain ones have been proven to cause many things.

Can we just drop it? I really didn't wanna try to start anything, I am sorry if what I said got you mad or offended you, once again I apologize if I did.

QUOTE (DJ_HOSSEIX @ Dec 21 2008, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too would rather have the whole dye additives removed but with that said if we are concerned about it being a health risk we shouldn't be smoking tobacco in the first place lol.

i disagree. if im smoking why would i not want to make sure its the least kind of bad. for all you know, food coloring may be more cancerous than cigarette smoke. most people trust the FDA and most doctors would NEVER suggest that food colorings are harmful, but more and more research suggests quite the opposite.

in addition, its known to have a taste component. good chefs at good restaurants never use food coloring because it can distort the flavor they are going for.

either way im against it. not saying you have to be however. ill smoke my tangiers which is higher quality, more delicious and synthetic dye free.

QUOTE (drabin @ Dec 21 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you still sitting here posting useless crap in your "info" thread?

The civil rights movement was a "band wagon" that millions jumped on and the worlds a better place because of it.

Exactly, without the "band wagon" effect alot of shit wouldn't happen, there is nothing wrong with jumping on the "band wagon". If someone brings something to the attention of other members and they like it and agree, no one can say anything wrong about it. This wasn't even a new topic, this has been discussed numerous times. I really doubt it will be the end of it, even with factual "info"

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im member # 3,422, whats your #?

Im sorry dude, you shouldn't use that as an arguement.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 21 2008, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't trying to jump down your throat bud. If it came across like that I apologize, you know my record here ghost, I really don't try nor want to start shit with anyone, I just don't like when I'm told i jumped on a bandwagon when it is something for the better. If dye is bad for us and does nothing for us then why should it be there? It shouldn't. We aren't 10 years old and attracted to colorful things, they should get rid of the coloring. So I wanted to know what color numbers they used because certain ones have been proven to cause many things.

Can we just drop it? I really didn't wanna try to start anything, I am sorry if what I said got you mad or offended you, once again I apologize if I did.

Apology accepted. I apologize aswell dude.

So have they emailed you back or anything?

Funny thing about all this talk about dye and how we're old enough that we dont need colorful dyes to be attracted to something, a member on here was telling me how our local tobacco shop here does not want to carry tangiers because of the way it looks and its color. hahah And the guy is like 40+... so go figure laugh.gif

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny thing about all this talk about dye and how we're old enough that we dont need colorful dyes to be attracted to something, a member on here was telling me how our local tobacco shop here does not want to carry tangiers because of the way it looks and its color. hahah And the guy is like 40+... so go figure laugh.gif

K that really is funny

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no not yet, I'm hoping they do and don't give some bullshit answer like it is a trade secret or something like that.

We'll see.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 21 2008, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no not yet, I'm hoping they do and don't give some bullshit answer like it is a trade secret or something like that.

We'll see.

lol I've wondered if AF has anyone that reads this forum or for that matter any of them.

QUOTE (Scoop @ Dec 21 2008, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DJ_HOSSEIX @ Dec 21 2008, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too would rather have the whole dye additives removed but with that said if we are concerned about it being a health risk we shouldn't be smoking tobacco in the first place lol.

i disagree. if im smoking why would i not want to make sure its the least kind of bad. for all you know, food coloring may be more cancerous than cigarette smoke. most people trust the FDA and most doctors would NEVER suggest that food colorings are harmful, but more and more research suggests quite the opposite.

in addition, its known to have a taste component. good chefs at good restaurants never use food coloring because it can distort the flavor they are going for.

either way im against it. not saying you have to be however. ill smoke my tangiers which is higher quality, more delicious and synthetic dye free.

The "least kind of bad"? By that do you mean lung cancer which is responsible of 28% of all cancer deaths. Even if you're smoking tangiers it clearly gives a "hazard: be cautious this is a tobacco product and you might get cancer and die" note yet it is not dyed with any colors.

I am not disagreeing with you that food coloring in products is bad, but if you are concerned about your health then it would be rational enough not to smoke.

I myself am against the dyes because sometimes i taste it and it makes me nauseous and the plain fact that i don't want to digg into my shisha and come out with fingers looking as if i just finger painted.

Scoop is just saying that if your gonna smoke at least make it the least unhealthy. I know it sounds funny but it makes sense. I also feel though when you smoke OG tangiers it is much more potent in terms of nicotine etc. Fusion and AF and others are washed, fusion not as washed as AF. So the washed aspect takes out alot of shit that they use to grow the tobacco, so it goes both ways, the best bet would prob be tangiers lucid, if what I know is true about shisha etc.

But yeah what scoop says makes complete sense to me, it's just like how I use golden canarys and some use coco coals because they have less shit in them than other coals, it makes it healthier even though we are smoking, it isn't AS bad.

Some people have this view, and some say screw it I am smoking which isn't healthy anyways so who cares, to each his own.

QUOTE (drabin @ Dec 21 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey not to hijack the topic but does nakhla dye its mizo line? it always looks brighter (I know its wetter).

From what I have been told they use natural coloring, don't know if this is true.

Someone said DA is colored with beet juice, don't know if that was a joke, if it is true then that is awesome because I smoke alot of nakhla.

QUOTE (DJ_HOSSEIX @ Dec 21 2008, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not disagreeing with you that food coloring in products is bad, but if you are concerned about your health then it would be rational enough not to smoke.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 21 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But yeah what scoop says makes complete sense to me, it's just like how I use golden canarys and some use coco coals because they have less shit in them than other coals, it makes it healthier even though we are smoking, it isn't AS bad.

Some people have this view, and some say screw it I am smoking which isn't healthy anyways so who cares, to each his own.

Yes, smoking is bad and effects your health in negative ways, we know it causes cancer yet we still do it. But who knows, food coloring could be changing our DNA, and make our kids grow extra toes on their foreheads.

QUOTE (dafunk5446 @ Dec 21 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DJ_HOSSEIX @ Dec 21 2008, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 21 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, smoking is bad and effects your health in negative ways, we know it causes cancer yet we still do it. But who knows, food coloring could be changing our DNA, and make our kids grow extra toes on their foreheads.

I wouldn't mind a toe on my forehead... It would be a great conversation piece!

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont understand why everyone is soooo "anti food coloring" all of a sudden and make it sound like its such a bad thing when its been in shisha for years and years.

Anyways, good luck.

It's not sudden...I just dislike having my fingertips stained red/green/blue/whatever. Plus it adds cost that could have been used elsewhere to possibly improve the blend or packaging.

QUOTE (Scoop @ Dec 21 2008, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 21 2008, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ey and by the way scoop, you don't even eat ... oh say ... lucky charms?

no. i dont eat any commercial cereal. i eat mango passionfruit granola cereal from trader joes

that cereal is so good, so is there granny apple. just stay away from the ginger, foul

they should make granola shisha, i would smoke a bowl of that for breakfast

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont understand why everyone is soooo "anti food coloring" all of a sudden and make it sound like its such a bad thing when its been in shisha for years and years.

Anyways, good luck.

i really agree with this, ya it might not be ideal but seriously.

and as to if it is worse or not for you, the average person has 1% chance of getting lung cancer, if you smoke cigs its around 8%, but there is no number that was found for hookah but seeing that most of the real studies say that hookah is better for you than cigs so that number is probably between 1 and 8 %, so the food coloring may raise it a little but honestly there are probably many other things that are bad for you that we are all exposed to.

maybe i have a skewed perspective since im exposed to chemicals and a good amount of silica

-matt

It looks like cheap bitch shisha to me, that's why I hate coloring.

But there are brands with good flavors that have colors, but I would generally much rather smoke something that is seemingly more natural to the eye. Like Tangiers. And Fumari Mango.

Ohh and Starbuzz Kiwi doesn't make you wanna gag when you see it? That's the worst color I have ever seen on a tobacco product. Edited by Hippo_Master

QUOTE (Hippo_Master @ Dec 21 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like cheap bitch shisha to me, that's why I hate coloring.

But there are brands with good flavors that have colors, but I would generally much rather smoke something that is seemingly more natural to the eye. Like Tangiers. And Fumari Mango.

Ohh and Starbuzz Kiwi doesn't make you wanna gag when you see it? That's the worst color I have ever seen on a tobacco product.

never seen that one but honestly the color doesnt bother me that much, in fact i kinda like it when the color matches the flavor (a green for a minty flavor, red for fruity, etc) but it doesnt bother me at all if its uncolored

if it smokes well thats what i want, and while AF has had some hit and miss lately (and believe me ive experienced some bad AF) i think its a pretty good shisha over all
-matt

QUOTE (mustang_steve @ Dec 22 2008, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not sudden...I just dislike having my fingertips stained red/green/blue/whatever. Plus it adds cost that could have been used elsewhere to possibly improve the blend or packaging.

do you soak your fingers in a tub of shisha or something?
ive never had my fingers stained from any dyed tobacco after packing a bowl or two. i just wash my hands after and everything is fine.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 21 2008, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah me neither, I mean like I said I am not really gonna smoke Af much anymore, I got sick of the really really sweet sweet flavors, and that is why I switched to fusion, there flavors are subtle but very noticeable if that makes any sense. But still good to know for all of the AF smokers. I will contact Fusion soon too to see what they use, but whats nice is all the flavors I enjoy from fusion are brown not red or blue or green.

Fusion has always seemed a lot sweeter to me. It's like my go-to shisha when I want something like that. Weird.

See I don't find fusion to be that sweet, I find their flavors to be very realistic, at least with the ones I have enjoyed, guava, pear, watermelon, strawberry, and a few others.

They are very subtle not like alot of AF flavors that have an explosion of flavor that gets very sickining after a few bowls.

This is just my opinion everyones pallet is different.