Called Al Fakher About Their Use Of Food Coloring

I figured I should call one of the companies that uses a shit ton of food coloring, so I called and got no answer, so I decided to email them with this :

Hello, I was looking to get into smoking your shisha, and I was
wondering because I am allergic to certain food colorings, could you
please list the types of food colorings followed by the # of the food
coloring that your brand uses?

If I cannot have this information I will not be trying your shisha as I
will not risk having an allergic reaction.

Thank you for your time.

and they responded with this :

Dear Mr. Mattar, Thank you for your e-mail. Kindly note that we have forwarded your e-mail to our factory and as soon as we receive an answer from them we will come back to you. Thank You and Best Regards Alfakher Export Department Omar Amireh Mobile No. 00971503611533

So lets wait and see if they actually tell me what colors they use ... got my fingers crossed. It doesn't really matter for me anyways as I won't be smoking much AF, I may try their new guava but I doubt it tops fusion guava.

Now lets wait and see ...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah me neither, I mean like I said I am not really gonna smoke Af much anymore, I got sick of the really really sweet sweet flavors, and that is why I switched to fusion, there flavors are subtle but very noticeable if that makes any sense. But still good to know for all of the AF smokers. I will contact Fusion soon too to see what they use, but whats nice is all the flavors I enjoy from fusion are brown not red or blue or green.

AF just introduced Guava to the US and the coloring s very minimal, it's like the old stuff, honey/brown, the cut is like th older blends too. I did a youtube review of it if you want to look it up and it shows the cut. I smoked it twice and it's pretty good, no throat scratching or harshness. The smell of the shisha is great and the smoke smells great, however the taste is very light even though it produces a ton of smoke.

yeah sounds a bit like fusion guava. I may give it a go, just wish they didn't load up on red and green dyes, scoop informed me on some good info. Like I said thank god my fav fusion flavors are brown and light colored.

I'll prob give guava a try on my next order,

oh and btw the order was perfect, the mizo mint didn't leak at all from your place to mine, and also that shit smells amazing, smells just like spearmint, which is a type of mint I have been looking for.

thanks John

because we live and we learn, ghost. You learn about things and you adapt to them, or you should at least. Just because it's been in your shisha for years and you've been smoking it and nothing has happened yet doesn't mean shit. As you know you don't smoke a cig and magically get cancer.

I learned something so I am researching it and looking for information.

Don't get up tight because you love AF and I am questioning "unhealthy" or at least unnecessary things in it that do nothing for the shisha.

Besides this is just for general info, af is a pass for me more or less.

Tangier's spearmint is AMAZING if you're looking for that type of flavor. I'm waiting for MNH to get more in stock myself, def one of my favorite flavors. Also, no coloring in Tangiers, which I really like, sometimes you can taste the chemical flavor in the food colorings.

-Z

If im not mistaking, you used to love AF just as much.

This has nothing to do with me liking or hating a brand. Its the simple fact that someone throws out something into the air and everyone jumps on the wagon all of a sudden.

And dont point your fingers on me, you posted a general "info" thread and im posting my opinion in your "general info" thread.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 21 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eh never had luck with tangiers, was a win/loss scenario for me and just got sick of rolling the dice for a good bowl.

So thats why you sold me your O. Soda....haha I got it working fine!

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This has nothing to do with me liking or hating a brand. Its the simple fact that someone throws out something into the air and everyone jumps on the wagon all of a sudden.

And dont point your fingers on me, you posted a general "info" thread and im posting my opinion in your "general info" thread.

Until their quality began to shit sack, I always want a legit bowl, not most of the time good bowls, and every other other bowl a shitty session.

And no scoop didn't throw out something into the air, he informed me then showed me research and sites.

Yes it is general info, but quit assuming. Why don't you go look around about food coloring? then come back and post some info not just your "opinion" that consists of straight up assumptions.

Synthetic color adds nothing to nutritional value. Numerous colors have been banned after twenty years on the market, only to discover that they were carcinogenic.

All certified food colors in use today are of a class of chemicals called polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons that are universally suspect as carcinogenic. The FDA argues that food coloring is safe because it causes cancer only when injected into rats, not when they are feeding on it. Therefore, the FDA gives manufacturers the freedom to use food coloring at their discretion. Children are attracted to bright colors. Fruit loops, gum balls, popsicles and fruit drinks are mostly color and sugar. The food industry is making millions on selling chemical substances that have zero value to life

http://www.chiro.org/pediatrics/ABSTRACTS/..._Coloring.shtml
http://healthfieldmedicare.suite101.com/ar...m/food_coloring
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&am...ing&spell=1
http://www.feingold.org/bandyes.html

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Dec 21 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Until their quality began to shit sack, I always want a legit bowl, not most of the time good bowls, and every other other bowl a shitty session.

And no scoop didn't throw out something into the air, he informed me then showed me research and sites.

Yes it is general info, but quit assuming. Why don't you go look around about food coloring? then come back and post some info not just your "opinion" that consists of straight up assumptions.

As far as im aware, this thread has NO info.

Why dont you stop posting until you get some info to share.

Get off your donkey, take the plug out, and chill. Edited by racemyghost

QUOTE (racemyghost @ Dec 21 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you still sitting here posting useless crap in your "info" thread?

Dude chill ghost...
Don't be a dick. You of all people... You rarely post anything besides for sale or for trade....
Jumping on the bandwagon isn't a always a bad thing. The civil rights movement was a "band wagon" that millions jumped on and the worlds a better place because of it. If you don't like what matt is saying stay the hell off the thread dude...

I myself avoid AF because of the inconsistency of the shisha and the fact I enjoy unwashed shisha more. Thats why Nakhla is my go to brand.