New Syrian Brass Hookahs

Wow! I just got samples of some new Syrian brass pipes from the Al Amir importers. They are literally works of art. They are so reminiscent of old Nours...but more diversity. Apparently, the manufacturer is purely an artist and won't change his specifications, materials, designs or whatnot for any reason. A man of uncompromising quality, apparantly (I know that mindset well).

One of the samples I begged is a silver, brass 40" monster...just beautiful. The other one a 24" gold brass. The other ones...wow. There were like 15 models. There are three models that are brass and finished hardwood with brass main tubes, so the wood is protected from smoke splitting them unlike crummy Persian ones that are just drilled wood. The hose ports are pretty decent, but the trays look awful. We're working on improving them...no jars yet, either, so that may be a point of crummosity. I put a couple of classic Nour trays on the samples...so I felt better.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Can't say yet. The price seems a little high...they'd retail in the $60-$120 range, complete, depending on size. Fixing the ugly, crummy trays is key, too. If the trays come out costing $10, it will significantly impacting the price more than if we get them for $3 and the quality of the jars, too.

February?

• 2 weeks later...
MDL GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR!!!

WE WANTS PICS!

(thanks guys smile.gif )

Very nice!

I'd definately go for the top pipe with a boho vase since the downstem looks way to short for the vase on it. The squat brass stem is real nice and if I didn't already have a short brass pipe I'd pick it up soon as it hit the market. I'm a little iffy on the middle pipe, nice but I think just not for me.

Any definitive answer as to when they'll hit the market?