Hookah Has No Taste!?!?!?

That boy should be smoking nicely. It has to be in how your packing the bowl i would guess. Could you post up a picture of how the bowl looks packed with out the foil. remember to not actually pack it in their but to leave some room for air to circulate by kinda "fluffing" it in there or sprinkling it in there. How many coals are you using with cocos prolly should not use more than 3 and be removing one off every 15 mins or so so it doesn't burn. also remember to rotate the coals around the bowl so it will heat evenly.

model of hookah is not going to matter. Having stems will not matter. What matters is how you pack the bowl and how you manage heat. If its a standard bowl, just sprinkle the tobacco in till its basically even with the top, then start out with say 2 coconaras across from each other and move them about every 10 minutes. That sould help some.

It has to be the way you are packing it.

Grab a clump of tobacco, and just sprinkle it into the bowl.

Then, poke small holes (whatever pattern you choose) then blow into the bowl from the side where it would connect to the stem. This will fluff up the shisha a bit.

Also, make sure the water level is only an inch above the stem. I've had weird results change after I raised/lowered the water level. Edited by momatik

Well, I packed it tight the first time I got it but quickly realized thats not the way to do it but I've tried lightly fluffing up the tobbacco as you said, but maybe I need to work a little more on moving the coals around, whenever I take the foil off there's always about half the tobbaco stuck to the bottom of it... should it be touching that much? I also watched a youtube video and the guy doing the bowl packed it just below the top of the bowl, and had the foil really tight, i've never really had the foil that tight when I did it, and I always compressed the top of the tobbacco when I put the foil on.. probably my problem?

Alright, thanks for the advice guys, I'll have to try it when I get back to school from t-giving break... I plan on ordering some more coconara coals and some romman or starbuzz tobacco to use over christmas break.. or would you reccomend anything different?

I'd recommend Layalina Tobacco, a few of AF's flavors, and some Lucid Tangiers. I like Layalina because of the cut and smoke quality. AF is a smaller cut and starting to get on my nerves. No way you can put the stuff in a normal bowl and keep everything clean. I love the flavor, but the cut just annoys me. Tangiers is better because the tobacco is cut in inch or so long strips that you pack into the bowl and they dont fall through the holes in Egyptian bowls.

• 1 month later...
Ok, what I've done now is put my hookah and a friends hookah side by side with the same tobacco and the same coals, I can taste it out of his but not mine.. wich leads me to believe that my hookah just plain sucks but I guess thats what to expect since i only paid around 40 bucks.... any other ideas bowl size, crappy hoses possibly?

QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ Nov 27 2008, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd recommend Layalina Tobacco, a few of AF's flavors, and some Lucid Tangiers. I like Layalina because of the cut and smoke quality. AF is a smaller cut and starting to get on my nerves. No way you can put the stuff in a normal bowl and keep everything clean. I love the flavor, but the cut just annoys me. Tangiers is better because the tobacco is cut in inch or so long strips that you pack into the bowl and they dont fall through the holes in Egyptian bowls.

Same with fusion, their new stuff is a medium cut, give that a go.

when your hookah has no bowl on top or even no water suck through it like you're smoking. if it tastes weird, its your hookah.

maybe a good cleaning would help.

some hookahs retain flavors much easier than other.

and yes, could be a hose problem.