Waiting is a must see on DVD

Sonthert

Hilarious. Me and my friend were going around trying to get each other to fall for the "Show", the "Brain" and the "Batwing". The goat is seemingly impossible. Its amazing how many times you inadvertantly look below the equater of your friend and get busted. Anybody else doing interesting things with their boys in honor of Waiting?

• 2 months later...
[quote name='bingtroy']i'm a fiji at  an all male school.  its inevitable.  and no the goat is NOT impossible.[/quote]Your a Fiji?I just want to point out...being able to show other guys your goods at an all male school is a little gay. Kind of like fishing with dynamite.

this movie made me so upset.  i brought my friend erich, who is
gay, and the whole entire movie was essentially a never-ending
homophobic joke.  he was uncomfortable as hell, and i found myself
further understanding why there is so much "blind" hate around
us.  how could there not be with so much out there to stimulate
our underlying fears?

Yes. That movie was completely about gay bashing and was intended to make the gays uncomfortable.  And no, joking around like that NEVER happens in real life.</sarcasm>Oh and for the record, just cause 1 person feels awkward *mind you I said person and not "the gays" because I know gay people in real life that though the movie was hilarious* doesn't mean that it's a bad movie.  Do you not think that joking around like that happens in real life?  Especially in restaurants?  It's not blind hate, there was no hate directed in that movie.  It was actually funnier to people in the restaurant business because they could relate to what was going on.

Oh yeah, and on a lighter note... I'm in a frat and I got a bunch of people *yes, guys AND girls* at one of the big parties we had after the movie came out with the goat.  If only I had a camera to get some of their faces

i'm not saying that it's something that doesn't happen in real life, it
definitely happens constantly in real life everywhere, but that doesn't
make it okay -- that's the same rationalization that has been used in
the past to make other discriminations seen as normal and okay when
they totally aren't.  it's definitely a cultural problem where
someone's sexuality that is widely seen as "deviant" is the catalyst
for entertainment.  i prefer to be entertained without putting
groups of people down, but thanks for respecting my opinion and being
constructive and using it to have a discussion instead of mocking me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got a new Penis game.My gay friends loved both "Waiting" and the "40 Year Old Virgin". Not to mention the new "Producers". If your friend is intolerant of heterosexual peoples viewpoints, thats too bad. We make gay jokes all the time. My gay friends make straight jokes all the time. People who are offended easily should stay away from my lounge...better yet don't come by, we don't want you there. Obviously many heterosexuals are made uncomfortable by homosexuals. Live with it...if it bothers "you" go back to being straight. Its a funny and clever movie. If something reasonable offends somebody, tough, as far as I'm concerned.Edit 2: We also added a variation on the "40 Year Old Virgin, do you know how I know you're gay?". We call it "Do you know how I know there's something wrong with you?" It makes any insults virtually fair game! "You know how I know there's something wrong with you?" "How?""You think electric toothbrushes are good for foreplay."

The goat isn't hard. You just have to keep your eyes open for the right opprotunity. People are always blindly walking throuogh doors. Heck, my roommate was trying to make a point about the hole in our blinds and I goated him as he peered through. And then I got him again as he walked in the door. The only hard part is finding the right timing. Having an accomplice "for the assist" works wonders. Just pull down your pants, bend over, and get your friend to get five or six people to open a door so they can "see something hilarious". Simple, really.There's one they don't go into in the movie (in case you haven't noticed, we play this game around the apartment, and EVERYONE is fair game. I had to talk a drunk guy out of doing it to a cop once) is the "cup of tea". Simply put, the boys in the basement are hanging out for a cigarette outside while Big Willy stays in the warmth. Pull the shirt up, and then ask everyone in the room if they would like some tea. You'll get some weird looks while people try to figure out what you're talking about.And I'm sorry if your friend got offended, but if he thinks that's bad, why isn't he writing letters to the makers of "Will and Grace"? If you ask me, that show is more offensive to gays than "Waiting" could ever be. Gay people are the new minstrels of our society. It won't be long before people look back at "Will and Grace" with the same distaste they now look at "Amos and Andy". I think "Brokeback Mountain" is the only mainstream film about gayness that isn't patently offensive to homosexuals.And in case you can't tell, I'm not a homophobe at all. Gay men and women are fine by me, so long as they give my straightness the same respect I give their gayness. That's the way it should be. We shouldn't be hating gay guys, all you males. We should all be in the same bar, slapping hands and screaming about how great our penises are. Or at least that's the way me and Hank Rollins see it.