Can I Use A Small Funnel Bowl For My Hookah?

Hi

I currently have a basic hookah which uses a bowl shaped like this (with the standard 3 holes)

\_/

I'm not sure if this style of bowl has a name, but since I've started using Tangiers tobacco, I've decided I'd like to try using one of the Phunnel bowls. MNH has this style of bowl called "Tangier's Small Phunnel Bowl" on its website

Question:
Will this style of bowl fit my current hookah? The bases look a little differently shaped to me so I'm worried I won't get the same tight fit).

Thanks!

is your bowl mail or female. aka in extremely unneeded but fun sexual terms is the bowl fucking the stem (male) or is the stem fucking the pole (female)
If the stem goes into the bowl then you can use the phunnel and it should be sealed by the grommets you use on your current bowl or ask/buy more frm tarik/ramsey at mnhookah

it would help if you had a picture of your bowl, No matter here is a simple question: Does your bowl fit on the outside of your stem? (a female bowl) or does it fit in the inside of your stem? (A male bowl). If it is a female bowl you will be able to use the phunnel with at most having to use a different grommet. If the bowl is a male bowl than to be able to use a phunnel you have to have a certain hookah. IF you have a hookah that can dissemble like a mya (as in the head piece where the bowl is fitted into can screw off) than you can buy an adapter that will make your hookah be able to accept the phunnel. For that we would probably need pictures of your hookah. HOpe you understand what I mean....I will try and

This is a male bowl and if you have this one than it will be harder to use a phunnel and thats if you hookah can dissemble as I stated above.
Hope this helps!

QUOTE (srawas89 @ Nov 23 2008, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it would help if you had a picture of your bowl, No matter here is a simple question: Does your bowl fit on the outside of your stem? (a female bowl) or does it fit in the inside of your stem? (A male bowl). If it is a female bowl you will be able to use the phunnel with at most having to use a different grommet. If the bowl is a male bowl than to be able to use a phunnel you have to have a certain hookah. IF you have a hookah that can dissemble like a mya (as in the head piece where the bowl is fitted into can screw off) than you can buy an adapter that will make your hookah be able to accept the phunnel. For that we would probably need pictures of your hookah. HOpe you understand what I mean....I will try and

This is a male bowl and if you have this one than it will be harder to use a phunnel and thats if you hookah can dissemble as I stated above.
Hope this helps!

Thanks guys... so from your descriptions, it sounds like I have a female bowl. I've attached some pics.
So if it's just a grommet I might need... will my current grommet work, or do I need a special phunnel grommet?

thanks again! Edited by arcane_x

ok so your hookah is a female hookah which means that you probably will not be able to use a phunnel. Now if that top metal part of your hookah can screw off than there is a shot as I believe there are some adapters out there to switch it. If your hookah can screw off like that than the only way to have a phunnel is either buy a new hookah or fake the phunnel. You may want to try what Mirus did in this thread:
http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=25694
there is one other method to phake the phunnel but it requires a lot of foil. Other than that there isnt much more you can do.

No, I think thats the top of his hookah. That makes it a Syrian (Female) Hookah that takes a male bowl.

Unfortunately, Tangiers bowls are all female for male hookahs.

Fortunately, Tangiers makes Male-Male adapters to turn your female hookah into a male hookah.

Unfortunately, we haven't made any in awhile.

Fortunately, we can make them.

Unfortunately, There would be a slight delay.

Fortunately, the male-male adapter doesn't turn your girlfriend into a man.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Nov 23 2008, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I think thats the top of his hookah. That makes it a Syrian (Female) Hookah that takes a male bowl.

Unfortunately, Tangiers bowls are all female for male hookahs.

Fortunately, Tangiers makes Male-Male adapters to turn your female hookah into a male hookah.

Unfortunately, we haven't made any in awhile.

Fortunately, we can make them.

Unfortunately, There would be a slight delay.

Fortunately, the male-male adapter doesn't turn your girlfriend into a man.

Fortunately