(new/rebooted) Star Trek Trailer

Evildave

http://www.startrekmovie.com/

Having seen the trailer for the new star trek, I'll just say that the experience is rather... bizarre.

The new Kirk looks like a fucking space pirate and the new Spock look really, ridiculously effeminate. Like gay bottom effeminate. Oh, and I think Uhura actually puts out in the first movie. Which is... well, I wouldn't say disturbing, but definitly strange. Pegg and Cho seem to be the best casted ones as Scotty/Sulu.

The spaces battles quotient also seems to have been cranked up from the usual "one space battle a movie" total.

I guess we'll see.

QUOTE (Evildave @ Nov 17 2008, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The new Kirk looks like a fucking space pirate and the new Spock look really, ridiculously effeminate. Like gay bottom effeminate. Oh, and I think Uhura actually puts out in the first movie. Which is... well, I wouldn't say disturbing, but definitly strange. Pegg and Cho seem to be the best casted ones as Scotty/Sulu.

I'm not really a Star Trek fan, but I think the casting for Kirk and Spock is fairly spot on - Spock's make-up is just too heavy. I'm even less of a fan of the show 'Heroes', but I've seen Zachary Quinto do some pretty fucking masculine shit, frequently to the tune of slicing super heroes' heads open and effectively eating their brains.

He looks effeminate in the trailer, given, but so was Nimoy's Spock in a lot of respects. I'm going to be watching this via bittorrent download in some grungy internet cafe in Venezuela or somewhere, but personally I'm looking forward to seeing Quinto in this role.

And let's not forget that the original Spock was more than a little gay, himself.

Compared to Quinto, who is totally going to kill this motherfucking kitten.

Most importantly, as I discovered while looking for these pictures, the hottest woman alive is going to be playing Spock's mom. Vulcan ultra-MILF? Fuck yes.

Edited by gaia.plateau

I have to agree with Gaia on Spock's mom...WOW

I wasn't excited about this movie when I first heard...feared another Insurrection.

But with Abrams and Pegg....my Geek glads have me drooling. I think this will be a great Trek movie!