Attn Mr Tangiers

QUOTE (ryno @ Nov 25 2008, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cranberry sounds really good....

I suggested cranberry a while ago (back in June or July) and I was told that there was a cranberry-ish flavor in development. Its out right now, marketed as Sour.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Nov 26 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Canon @ Nov 26 2008, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eric, you have to make one flavor for my wife.

Pumpkin pie/ pumpkin spice

Amen that's a 2nd to my recommendation wink.gif

3rd. I would kill for this. Fantasia is too expensive and the flavor peters out after a little while. A Tangiers Pumpkin Pie flavor would be a magical thing.

QUOTE (cymptom @ Nov 13 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I normally try to restrain myself when it comes to giving flavor suggestions, because I imagine it gets to be really annoying. But threads like this make me feel justified in letting em loose.

Is rose ever happening?
Honeysuckle?

I'd like to see flavors that use any of these tastes and fragrances in some way: Frankincense, Cypress, Bergamot, Clove, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Rosemary, Lavender, Patchouli. Yes, I've been spending a lot of money on shaving soap lately. That's besides the point. I know you said you've tried some of these before and they didn't work, but something has to be possible, perhaps some blend of the above fragrances with each other or with other base flavors. More depth! More muskiness! More spiciness!

What ever happened to the chai flavor that was in development? [nag]Oh, and mulling spice. Just thought of that one for the first time ever happy.gif [/nag]

I've been wanting a bergamot flavour for a while. They scent tea with bergamot oil in Turkey, it smells and tastes delicious. I was wondering if Earl Grey by Nakhla tastes similair though.

I probably wouldn't make a special flavor for my wife (not married...hmmm...wonder why?)...let alone YOUR wife. wink.gif

Apple cinnamon is in the phail boat. The apple comes off first and then the cinnamon after the apple has faded away. There's only about 2 minutes where the apple is waning and the cinnamon is waxing where they actually mix about 45 minutes in.

Pumpkin is kind of one of Fantasia's flagship flavors...isn't it? I don't want to go after their best selling flavors...it would make me seem unethical...how many companies make a pumpkin? It may fade quick because its top flavor heavy...which would make sense...although kashmir pumpkin has a strange animal magnetism about it....

We make a pomegranate-tea flavor (Indigo Flower).

We're working on cola and green tea (separately). Green tea is quite promising...a little honey, a little lemon or maybe a little mint.

yeah fantasia's P-spice is really good but every batch I get seems to taste more and more like chemicals.

Hopefully it stays the way it is and hopefully they get rid of some of the glycerin, i want more shisha and less glycerin. That stuff swims in glycerin.

If you made p-spice I would be damn excited.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Nov 27 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pumpkin is kind of one of Fantasia's flagship flavors...isn't it? I don't want to go after their best selling flavors...it would make me seem unethical...how many companies make a pumpkin? It may fade quick because its top flavor heavy...which would make sense...although kashmir pumpkin has a strange animal magnetism about it....

HookahHookah, Hookah Freak, Starbuzz, and Fantasia all make Pumpkin Spice/Pumpkin Pie flavors. Also, I think Epic Smoke is working on one and I heard somewhere that Tonic made it. The market isn't cornered by Fantasia, so by all means go ahead.

Also, Tangiers Nutella. Think about it.

QUOTE (Hojo @ Nov 27 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HookahHookah, Hookah Freak, Starbuzz, and Fantasia all make Pumpkin Spice/Pumpkin Pie flavors. Also, I think Epic Smoke is working on one and I heard somewhere that Tonic made it. The market isn't cornered by Fantasia, so by all means go ahead.

Also, Tangiers Nutella. Think about it.

And none of those are amazing. Fantasia's Pumpkin sucks a fat one in my opinion, you can taste the chemical sugar!

Kashmir Pumpkin sounds absolutely scrumptious.

We're working on cola and green tea (separately). Green tea is quite promising...a little honey, a little lemon or maybe a little mint.

Omg... Green tea flavor? That sounds delicious! Put some cold green tea in the base... yum!

And +1 on nutella flavor. it'd be like chocolate and hazlenut... That's what nutella is after all tongue.gif

I wonder if you could do a Brownies and Icecream flavor? It'd be like a mix of vanilla and cocoa... That could be really good. Just an idea, I'm sure someone's tried the mix at one point or another. :]

This entire thread is making me very hungry....

Anyway, Kashmir Pumpkin would be amazing. So would green tea. And is you could get the delicious taste of nutella in a shisha...I would buy 2 kilos immediately and it would be gone in a week. That stuff is my weakness, I can't buy it anymore because whenever I do, I just eat it all in 2 days. hehe

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (ColibriDon @ Dec 11 2008, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sss8789 @ Dec 11 2008, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
something sour would be cool (like warhead flavor), not sure if it would work though

Well, there's Sour... hehe

It's amazing.

lol true, but the sour flavor tasted like a sweet/sour to me i I didn't get very much sour at all. But maybe it's supposed to taste different lol.

I probably wouldn't make a special flavor for my wife (not married...hmmm...wonder why?)...let alone YOUR wife. wink.gif

although kashmir pumpkin has a strange animal magnetism about it....

You can totally make a special flavor for me, heck, make the pumpkin pie and name it after me, I promise you...we are your biggest fans right now...but anything (esp. kashmir pumpkin) would make me want to start up a cult in your image. smile.gif

QUOTE (Hojo @ Nov 27 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, you might as well put the best shisha in that flavor as well...

PS. We found an extra 100g bag of the indigo flower that you were letting us review before it went on the market...that was last year...with the old cut and it marinating in the packaging just made it even better!

whats this revealed in the miniphunel thread about a new grape flavor eh? New Tang grape or a special grape flavor akin to orange soda being a special ornge flavor and M cherry being a special cherry flavor?

Thanks for coming back into posting Eric, yer posts are really informative to us smokers. It's really neat to hear things from the shisha makers perspective and to get the inside scoop/opinion.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Dec 16 2008, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would anybody be interested in the dates each flavor came out?

No, I guess not.

I would be!
And that is another great idea a date flavored tangiers.......My dad would go apeshit!

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Nov 27 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apple cinnamon is in the phail boat. The apple comes off first and then the cinnamon after the apple has faded away. There's only about 2 minutes where the apple is waning and the cinnamon is waxing where they actually mix about 45 minutes in.

Actually Starbuzz and Hookah-Hookah also make pumpkin pie flavors, so nope, wouldn't be hitting up against Fantasia exactly. But I'm still hoping for a really good coconut - creamy like coconut cream pie, because nobody out there does what I consider to be a decent coconut.

'Rani