Attn Mr Tangiers

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Nov 14 2008, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cymptom @ Nov 14 2008, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I normally try to restrain myself when it comes to giving flavor suggestions, because I imagine it gets to be really annoying. But threads like this make me feel justified in letting em loose.

Is rose ever happening?
Honeysuckle?

I'd like to see flavors that use any of these tastes and fragrances in some way: Frankincense, Cypress, Bergamot, Clove, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Rosemary, Lavender, Patchouli. Yes, I've been spending a lot of money on shaving soap lately. That's besides the point. I know you said you've tried some of these before and they didn't work, but something has to be possible, perhaps some blend of the above fragrances with each other or with other base flavors. More depth! More muskiness! More spiciness!

What ever happened to the chai flavor that was in development? [nag]Oh, and mulling spice. Just thought of that one for the first time ever happy.gif [/nag]

Finally a voice of rationale.

No BBQ Rib flavor, no fried chicken, Krab or gyros flavors in the works.

Rosemary-Obnoixous
Patchoulli-OK, but had that get stronger and harsher thing going on.
Bergamont- [strokes long white beard] hmmm.
Clove-Done. We already sell it.
Sandalwood-Hmmm
Rosewood-Don't think so
Lavender-Trying to get some of these guys to do flavors like this is a bitch. I tried to get several guys to do a violet or hemp flavor to no avail. Lavender is a good call though.
Frankincense-Not food safe
Cypress-Really?

what happened with absinthe or a double apple flavor?

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Nov 14 2008, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cymptom @ Nov 14 2008, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I normally try to restrain myself when it comes to giving flavor suggestions, because I imagine it gets to be really annoying. But threads like this make me feel justified in letting em loose.

Is rose ever happening?
Honeysuckle?

I'd like to see flavors that use any of these tastes and fragrances in some way: Frankincense, Cypress, Bergamot, Clove, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Rosemary, Lavender, Patchouli. Yes, I've been spending a lot of money on shaving soap lately. That's besides the point. I know you said you've tried some of these before and they didn't work, but something has to be possible, perhaps some blend of the above fragrances with each other or with other base flavors. More depth! More muskiness! More spiciness!

What ever happened to the chai flavor that was in development? [nag]Oh, and mulling spice. Just thought of that one for the first time ever happy.gif [/nag]

Finally a voice of rationale.

No BBQ Rib flavor, no fried chicken, Krab or gyros flavors in the works.

Rosemary-Obnoixous
Patchoulli-OK, but had that get stronger and harsher thing going on.
Bergamont- [strokes long white beard] hmmm.
Clove-Done. We already sell it.
Sandalwood-Hmmm
Rosewood-Don't think so
Lavender-Trying to get some of these guys to do flavors like this is a bitch. I tried to get several guys to do a violet or hemp flavor to no avail. Lavender is a good call though.
Frankincense-Not food safe
Cypress-Really?

Now i wasnt trying to get certain people to ask for unreasonable flavors, i was just wondering if it were possible to have an amaretto or possible a hazelnut flavor.

Just to clarify... I wasn't really suggesting that you consider any of those as standalone flavors. Rather, I was wondering if they could be used in some combination with each other or with other base flavors (like peach, apple, orange, lemon, lime) to create something with real depth, similar to a complex perfume.

Maple Syrup
Egg Nog
Chai Spice Blend
Cranberry

I made a home made batch of Cranberry that'll be ready to smoke next week. I always loved cranberries and never found a brand that makes one. Seems ideal from Tangiers wink.gif Edited by Santino

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Nov 14 2008, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually there was a brand of shisha that came out with a "smoked salmon flavor" and the people on here who got some samples said it was just f**king amazing. So you never know wink.gif

Maybe I shouldn't be the one to say this (although I'm pretty sure someone else has anyway), that was just a silly hoax that a few members concocted in Hookah Forum chat one day. A well executed hoax though, definitely.

vanilla-chai

trust me on this one.

Raychel's input:
"i think you probably have to be pretty careful with this. chai is a very delicate, uncommon flavor and people may confuse the chai flavor for bad-tasting shisha. however, if you can get the deicate aspects to shine through without ruining the overall flavor, you may make a believer out of me. ph34r.gif <~~ ph34r meh, for i am teh 1337zors!"

yeah, Eric, if you could get a vanilla-chai to work, then it would stomp on K-cherry and Mimon.
now, i know that your vanilla is kinda odd by itself, but vanilla-chai would rawk my socks!

I still say Cheesecake! A pure cheesecake so we could mix and match? :]

+1 on a chai flavor. Dear lord I love chai tea.

Is there a Cinnamon Apple flavor in Tangiers? that'd be pretty yummy too.

I just googled jackfruit, those things get HUGE! I want one now lol. "Like a pineapple but milder and less juicy".

I'd love a good Tangiers pear flavor. Something that ACTUALLY tastes like a nice juicy sweet pear. That would become my favorite shisha VERY quickly.

How bout a Tangiers clementine or tangerine flavor?

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Nov 23 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just googled jackfruit, those things get HUGE! I want one now lol. "Like a pineapple but milder and less juicy".

I'd love a good Tangiers pear flavor. Something that ACTUALLY tastes like a nice juicy sweet pear. That would become my favorite shisha VERY quickly.

How bout a Tangiers clementine or tangerine flavor?

Tangiers pear taste just like a pear. It's tied for the BEST shisha along with blueberry.

-QM

QUOTE (drabin @ Nov 23 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can we just get a thread where eric ranks every flavor he sells from every line. It would be useful... we already know rootbeer is on the bottom

Each person's opinion about what they like is the only thing thats important, my opinion only matters in answering the question to decide whether I should make a particular flavor or not "Will people respect this flavor?".