A Homemade Hookah Im Working On

akkonja

My hookah  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should I stop here or continue to complete the ultimate hookah?

• Continue
    • Stop
    • Build it and sell it

Okay. To start off im gonna tell you all the products needed.

Contents:
Copper Pipeing
A large grommet
A flower vase or a jar (haven't tested on jar)
A chuck for a electric screw driver used for the valve
A copper smelting gun used to smelt wires together

This is what i got so far. I got a flower vase with a 4 inch opening that i had found in my garage. That is
considered my vase and i put some glitter on it to make it look pretty. For the stem i got a 6 In long 1/2
In wide copper piping for the downstem, Then i had smelted a 10 inch 1 inch wide copper pipeing to that
for the head and everything else to be attactched. After that i got a base and a stem with no valve or hole
for the hose so far. I drilled a 1/2 wide whole in 1 side and a 1 inch wide hole on oposite sides of the pipe.
On the 1/2 inch wide hole i attached 2 in of the 1/2 inch wide copper pipe to it and i had attached a a chuck
that is used for realeasing a screw head on a electric drill onto the pipe to be my air valve. On the 1 inch wide
hole i attached a hose the thickness of a bungee cord to a 1 inch ide screw driver handle that i had broken off
and drilled a whole the thickness of the hose to be considered my hose. I haven't thought of a idea for a head
yet but i had used a phunnel with it before and it was the best smoking session i have ever had in my life. I
think it was because the hose was so thin that so much smoke was traveling through it and it caused the
smoke the become thick. I have to think of a idea for the head but over i spent like 6 bones on this (not
including the tools). One problem with this is i can taste shit from the rubber in the hose while im smoking
but if im smoking something with alot of flavor i can barely smell it or taste it. The hose was obtained from
my kitchen. I hope my mom doesnt need to use any hot water anymore because i took the hose for it =P.
Im stupid at pictures so i might just make a picture on paint and post it on here as a demo. If any1 has any
ideas for a head feel free to share them.

Update:
I forgot to say that i had put a metal ring for the attatchment of the downstem to the upper stem so that
i can place a grommet over it. And a new additon just added was that i smelted a cut out piece of tray that
i found in my basement that i think was used for cooking a full chicken on a grill (o well) to the top of the
stem and it is used as bowl for the ashes and for other trash. Just need to find a head with a long tube
now since the tray is in the way or i need to smelt some more 1 inch pipeing to the top. Will update again. Edited by akkonja

You have to fix how you phrase the question/answers. Yes meaning continue, no meaning dont stop. Kinda confusing.

Anyways, sounds like a great idea, definitely keep going with it! And pics!

Im not poor... The purpose of this hookah is to make it for the least amount of money and to make it out of household items that can be found around your household. Y wouldn't i just buy a hookah if i wanted to spend money on stuff to make my own hookah? That doesnt make sense knowing that it might not even work.

QUOTE (akkonja @ Nov 9 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not poor... The purpose of this hookah is to make it for the least amount of money and to make it out of household items that can be found around your household. Y wouldn't i just buy a hookah if i wanted to spend money on stuff to make my own hookah? That doesnt make sense knowing that it might not even work.

Still, it'd cost only a buck or two to get 6 feet of vinyl tubing.

You could make a hookah for much cheaper than buying one still. I've built a hookah with surplus construction supplies (composite lumber, wood glue, and copper pipe scraps... free), a flower vase ($.50 at a thrift store), and a vinyl hose (maybe $2 from lowes), all sealed airtight with silicone sealant. If you make a hookah and it somehow doesn't work I think you've failed at life.

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Nov 9 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (akkonja @ Nov 9 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still, it'd cost only a buck or two to get 6 feet of vinyl tubing.

You could make a hookah for much cheaper than buying one still. I've built a hookah with surplus construction supplies (composite lumber, wood glue, and copper pipe scraps... free), a flower vase ($.50 at a thrift store), and a vinyl hose (maybe $2 from lowes), all sealed airtight with silicone sealant. If you make a hookah and it somehow doesn't work I think you've failed at life.

Hey now. Canon and I spent money trying to make a hookah. It worked. Didn't look good, and we only smoked out of it twice before we threw it out, but it was sure fun making it! I wish we had a picture of that frankenstein's monster. Base was made out of a square water jug (5 gallon) that we bought at walmart, and spent tons of time in Home Depot trying to find something that would be good for gromets. It was hot glued, taped, and took forever.