Newbie Questions

Rasputin

Hello all, I'm new here and kinda new to the smoking wolrd in general (tried about 5 cigs in my lifetimes- hated it, did try a bit of hookah, only remembering that I liked it)
Anyway, I'm about to buy a hookah, which in Israel is easy as buying sex in amsterdam. or any other place in the world, actually.

I have several question:

1. What are the general effects to be expected upon smoking the oh, so sweet, shisha? (I don't mean in physiological terms, but more Altered-States of Consciousness area. I know it's not hash, but surely some effect should follow?)
2.Are there any tips on how to prepare the nargila so to at least get the most out of this deadly hobby?
3.Any cool smoking tricks you can suggest, or do you prefer to philosophize while smoking in the normal state? Hookah.gif
4. Any good sites on the subject? Most sites that I find only sell them (rather overpriced, if the Jew within me may add) Surely there must be interesting stuff on the whole smoking culture?

Thanks in advance,
nice forum.

Rasputin.

Firstly, welcome! bye.gif

Now, as to your questions:
1) Shisha never alters ones conscious levels. I've done sessions (as in, more than one) as long as 4 hours and afterwards I was fine. The only difference in me was that I'm normally quiet but became more outgoing. However, the effects only lasted and were only present in an extremely comfortable atmosphere-- a nice hookah bar.
2) I can't help you there since I don't have one myself... yet.
3) Hints for tricks: When bringing the smoke out, don't blow. Instead, slowly exhale. The smoke will be a lot thicker. As for smoke rings and all, that's something I recommend you learn from someone you can see and meet in person. I don't think I can show you online, even through a video. Besides, I'm not an expert at it myself. I do philosophize too. I had long sessions, so there was plenty of time to goof off and philosophize.
4) Sites for hookah? I think there are only forums. Everything else is a market-type website (as you already found out. Overpriced? Yes, for the most part. I'm of Jewish blood too though... laugh.gif ).

Hope to be seeing more of you on the forums. Edited by ShadowsHaze

1.The tobacco never alters your state of mind. It might get you a nicotine buzz but thats it.
2. Clean it all the time. It makes it better.
3. I always hang with friends when i smoke or watch a movie.
4. Just forums. There are a few sites that sell products that are reasonable.