New To The Forums

So hey to all, my name is Jeffery. I am a networking student at a local technical college and have a 7 month old daughter. I decided to get a hookah 2 days ago and was looking around online and decided to order from hookah-shisha. I did my order online yesterday the 20th, and ended up spending a good buck getting everything.

So here is my order list:
1 Egyptian Pharaoh double hose hookah silver shaft with green pyramid base
1 Romman 50g good times flavor
1 Romman 50g sweet start flavor
1 box of Three Kings Coals (10 Box) 33mm
1 rubber hose-end flip cap

the hookah itself comes with:
2 rolls of instant light coals (brand not specified)
1 carrying bag
1 bowl screen
1 set of tongs
1 cleaning brush
1 egyptian style bowl
1 base protector
10 mouth tips
5 filters
1 tradtional wind cover

I hope I will be satisfied with my order as I am really excited and the wait seems unbearable. I know that I will probably need some help learning how to smoke good, but all comes with practice and a few pointers from the experienced. Any suggestions will be graceously accpeted, and I will give new hookah smokers suggestions as well when I get to know things.

what do you think the best brand of shisha to buy?

QUOTE (jb12288 @ Oct 21 2008, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what do you think the best brand of shisha to buy?

I'm pretty new to this forum too, before we just got whatever the local shop had. But since joining I've tried Fusion, Starbuzz, Al-Waha and Al Fakher. Personally I think the Fusion White Grape and AF Mint are the best, but like I said, I'm new to this and there's a lot more experienced people that could help too.

it does seem to be reasonably priced

Also, how long does 100g of tobacco normally last if I only smoke once or twice a week?

it should last you a couple weeks....A 50g pack will last about 2-3 bowls at least thats what it does for me

well thats good to know that it should last a while.

Welcome to the forum, 100g should when your starting last long enough for you to figure your next order (it wont take long this is one hellova addictive hobby but we all love it smile.gif)

as for brands lots of people here swear by tangiers but it from what i can gather is not "noob" (i hate using this word please dont take offense) friendly so i would suggest al fakher its not quite so easy to deal with as nakhla and the like because it burns easier but it isnt too bad to manage, HUGE clouds, nice flavor and so on. if you want a buzz then look at nakhla, the difference is AF is a washed tobacco which has (i think) 0.04% nicotine and nak is unwashed with (i think) 0.4% nicotine which is significant. also naklha is almost impossible to burn it just loves the heat.

ps another recommendation for AF mint here its amazing

Steve

Everyone seems to be extremely friendly, and steeeve the classification "noob" doesn't offend me. I understand why you are saying it I think, I think you mean a noob at running the bowl good, keeping it heated well and what not; but hell everyone has to start at the beginning.

I do have a question about indoor smoking though. My dad and I would like to smoke indoors but we are not sure that it would be a good idea, we do not want the smoke to "stain" the furniture and give the house a bad smell. Will smoking the hookah inside do this or any other negative side affects? There is always the option to going into the unfinished bottom floor and smoking, but would prefer to smoke in the comfort of a couch with a television in front of us? So basically my question is what are the pros and cons of indoor smoking?

NICE! it looks that by Friday I will be smoking. Can't wait I am stoked.

Smoking indoors hasnt stained my place yet smile.gif and my non smoking housemates and there parents actually commented how nice the house smelt (nakhla strawberry smell) so the odor is pleasant to at least some and it disappears after maybe an hour or 2, quicklights do tend to smell when lighting though so lean towards natural coals

Steve

I figured I would go outside to light the coal and then bring it back in. Don't natural coals take a while to light?

haha, probably will

Welcome to the Forum!!

one thing that I would reccomend if you are smoking indoors is to buy a small area rug or get an extra piece of carpet to put under the hookah. this way, when you eventually tip it over or drop a coal, (and you will, trust me) it just burns the rug instead of your real carpet.

QUOTE (jb12288 @ Oct 21 2008, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I figured I would go outside to light the coal and then bring it back in. Don't natural coals take a while to light?

Get a single coil burner from Walgreens (~$10), place the coals on and turn it to High, and set up your hookah (pack bowl, fill base, etc.) while it heats up. At most, you should only have to wait a minute or two after that for your coals to be ready.

Practice practice practice! That's my advice.

1. Start your coals on the outside edge of the bowl and work inward.

2. Check your purge and seal BEFORE you pack your bowl. Put the hookah together, press on the empty bowl with your hand and try to take a hit from the hose. If any air is getting through anywhere, you have a leak and need to plug it.

3. Start off with easy to use shisha such as nakhla, AF, and Layalina. Then eventually move onto Tangiers and the like. Edited by Bulldog_916

yea, i have been reading some post about how people have knocked hookah over and their animals running into them and what not, good thing we just got new carpet upstairs and have about 40sq ft of leftovers. The hookah came with 2 50g packs of Romman, which seems to have decent reviews, so I am looking forward to Friday to break it in. I will post photos of the new set up when I get it. I think that I will smoke downstairs in the unfinished floor since my mother will be home and she has bad allergies, but when she isnt there I will smoke in the main living area and my room.

i will go run down to my local smoke shop and pick up some naturals and try both quick lite and naturals out

so the package came in today and everything looks nice. h-s forgot my windcover and one of my hose grommets but they said it will be shipped out today or monday. i am smoking a bowl of romman good times and am liking it so far.