Mini Phunnel Talk

QUOTE (mr.shisha @ Jul 26 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (indian_villager @ Jul 23 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
w00t I am finally done packaging every last mini! Now I am just waiting on some phone numbers so that I can send them out. And to my British friends I ran into a hiccup. I dont know how to put coals on the customs forms without potentially causing trouble so I am contacting vendors that have shipped overseas to see what they did.

Hey IV!

Any news on the customs forms? anything I can do to help you with this biggrin.gif ? Just let either myself or namenone1 know, we really appreciate all this from you, almost there now hehe.

Thanks
Mr.Shisha

I really trying to put them in the post office by tuesday.

Hey guys I may sound like a total noob.. but can someone explain the mini/small/large phunnels for me?
I have always used regular egyptian bowls or syrian bowls..

I read about how a phunnel is the best thing around this board.. is it only for tangiers shisha? Never tried tangiers because I'm in Canada and there's no way to get it here, but is tangier just another shisha brand or is it different? Can you pack some nakhla or al-fakher in a phunnel too?

Thanks guys Edited by qazxcv

Hey! Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll feel right at home here and learn alot in the process biggrin.gif

I'm no expert believe me, but from what I've read across the forum and my own personal experience, the phunnel bowl is excellent. By far the best bowl I have used. I have smoked Al Fakher tobacco in a phunnel bowl previously and the results were awesome!

So by all means go ahead and try any brand of tobacco in a phunnel bowl, there are loads of methods posted on the forum, just use the search function and many should crop up. I have read recently that for Nakhla, packing the bowl very tightly and heavily provides a much better smoke, If i am correct John, from HookahJohn posted this method?

In terms of phunnel bowls, there are 3 main varieties: small, medium and large. Eric of Tangiers, the maker of Tangiers tobacco, recommends using large phunnels, as he does in his lounge based in San Diego. Each phunnel provides roughly the same smoke, as many members will tell you, they just vary in terms of how much tobacco is used. I personally recommend a small or a medium depending on your sessions (how many people, how long etc.)

Mini phunnels were a small batch of smaller phunnels than "small phunnels", produced by Eric as a favour for lucky members of HF several months ago, to be honest, there is not much difference between a mini and a small from what i've read, so a small phunnel should satisfy you just fine. It uses around 20-30g of shisha?

Tangiers tobacco, I cannot recommend enough. The flavour, buzz and smoke are exceptional! One must really try it to understand where I'm coming from. There are 3 lines: OG/Noir, Lucid and F-Line. OG is essentially the original standard line with all the flavours availible. Lucid keeps the same flavour as original line, yet reduces the amount of nicotine, so there is hardly any or no buzz at all. F-Line is caffinated so there should be a more intense session, although I hear this is being discontinued, so grab some while you can if you're really interested. Acclimation is something that is associated with Tangiers, this is basically to ensure you get the best flavour and smoking experience from Tangiers as possible. The tobacco is affected by humidity so it is recommended to let the baccy sit for a couple hours before smoking, to let the baccy get used to the humidity in your area. It is definately worth the extra effort, believe me.

I think that just about sums it up, sorry for the essay biggrin.gif oh and btw, im sure there are a few vendors that do ship to Canada, so don't think you're out of luck just yet! Ask and look around, i'm sure you'll find something biggrin.gif

Mr. Shisha

QUOTE (shaffaaf27 @ Jul 26 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
F-Line haas been dopped sad.gif

getting tangiers to the UK is a pain though tongue.gif

Not much of a pain biggrin.gif but any extra hassles are completely worth it! I recently ordered 5 kilos of Tangiers to the UK, hope it gets through okay! If you want any help or info regarding Tangiers and UK, PM me tongue.gif never could handle the buzz of OG, so F-line was completely irrelavent to me haha, Lucid, however, is perfect for me!

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Aug 5 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for the delays a road trip kinda fell into my lap. All remaining boxes will be out by saturday because I will be going on a road trip.

No worries IV, thanks for providing a date. Namenone1 and myself look forward to it! Enjoy your road trip biggrin.gif

Mr. Shisha

QUOTE (chinodos @ Aug 6 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are mini phunnels still obtainable??

QUOTE (qazxcv @ Aug 6 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinodos @ Aug 6 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to know too, if someone has one PM me

Read about 50 pages back....

Check out MNH or Santio I believe

QUOTE (mjdx88 @ Aug 7 2009, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinodos @ Aug 6 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (qazxcv @ Aug 6 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinodos @ Aug 6 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to know too, if someone has one PM me

Read about 50 pages back....

Check out MNH or Santio I believe

+1 costumed-smiley-091.gif I wonder how many times people are going to come on here asking that same old question biggrin.gif The minis are all gone, your only way to aquire one now is a) check the trades section you may get lucky b ) Travel to Eric up in San Diego and beg him on your very knees for one lol_hitting.gif (that is, if he has any left) Edited by mr.shisha

They have all been sent out. Mush If you read this lock the thread in the trades section that would be great and also if you could edit the first post in this thread to say no more minis is lettering so big it would damn near not make sense!

Its been a pleasure guys. I'm going to see Eric this week. Maybe scoop if he decides to call. Santino and Cotsi. see ya when I am at a computer again. Later wenches!