Mini Phunnel Talk

So I say the best way to imitate the horrors of usps shipping is to give it to the gorillas in your local zoo to play with.

Does NJ have a zoo?

Or you could put it in the dryer on spin with no heat?

This is fun!

Yes you can do two tone but if its only one bowl in that color scheme for my entire order to eric then I'm going to ask you to change it because I dont want to push eric to go through the effort of having just a one of a kind bowl made. (If you want that kinda thing call up mnhookah).
Here are some of the combinations that already exist and I am going to put through.

Top: Black Bottom: Indigo
Top: Celedon Bottom: Oasis
Red/Black

There is only one bowl of the one listed below. If anybody else wants that scheme act now otherwise I'm going to ask the one who wanted it to change it!
Top: Indigo Bottom: Oasis

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Oct 18 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I say the best way to imitate the horrors of usps shipping is to give it to the gorillas in your local zoo to play with.

Does NJ have a zoo?

Or you could put it in the dryer on spin with no heat?

This is fun!

Actually I am just going to load up on red bull and shake the hell out of it. And a kick or two! And I am going to attempt a 6ft drop to a concrete floor! Edited by indian_villager

clickhea they dont exist yet

we're having them made for us and they wont get to us for like around 5-6 weeks

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 18 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes you can do two tone but if its only one bowl in that color scheme for my entire order to eric then I'm going to ask you to change it because I dont want to push eric to go through the effort of having just a one of a kind bowl made. (If you want that kinda thing call up mnhookah).
Here are some of the combinations that already exist and I am going to put through.

Red/Black

There is only one bowl of the one listed below. If anybody else wants that scheme act now otherwise I'm going to ask the one who wanted it to change it!

I will take take that one. Indigo/oasis

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 18 2008, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes that was one of the sketchy sn's is he buying it for you or for himself?

He is buying it for him, I wont pm you and drive ya nuts cuz i know you are already being run ragged with pms about this whole ordeal, i aint adding to your stress. But theres another hookah forum around that has like 100 members who are within 50 or so miles of us so he sticks to that one.

I had a thought. Most people chose single colors but if there are any other combos that didnt get picked more than once can't we just make the people who asked for ANY color take the combos as well so that everyone gets what they initially wanted?

GENIUS!!!!

smile.gif

Still can't get over how damn cool this is. Kinda brings the forum together doesn't it?

edit - Wharbone read smokinmoose's post, he chose your color instead of what his original pick was Edited by giant ninja robot

QUOTE (SmokinMoose @ Oct 18 2008, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 18 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will take take that one. Indigo/oasis

Sweet! I was really hopping to get this color scheme!

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 18 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I may have figured something out about shipping. As long as you are in the USA Iam considering using a Flat rate Envelope. The phunnel will be wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in a cardboard tube which will then be taped to the inside of the envelope. I am torture testing this idea with my small phunnel (to make sure none of you suffer for my stupidity). If this scenario works out shipping will only be $4.80 in the USA. If not I'm going to figure something else out!

dude it is still 4.80 if you use the small flat rate box and in my experiences (i run an ebay website) they treat the letters like shit, and take better care of packages. They both will be 4.80 so just do the boxes I'd say.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Oct 18 2008, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a thought. Most people chose single colors but if there are any other combos that didnt get picked more than once can't we just make the people who asked for ANY color take the combos as well so that everyone gets what they initially wanted?

GENIUS!!!!

smile.gif

Still can't get over how damn cool this is. Kinda brings the forum together doesn't it?

edit - Wharbone read smokinmoose's post, he chose your color instead of what his original pick was

Indeed this forum is friggin awesome! The whole bringin the forum together reminds me of the conference call we had with Eric a while back. 3 hour smoke session on my cell while one of our now retired members interviewed him. THat was really awesome lol

That sounds supercool, I remember you told me about that in chat. Man this stuff reignites my passion for hookah. Just the other day I was thinking I'm tired of seeing the same threads over and over, but alas then comes a supercool announcement and I'm as pumped as ever.

We should do something cool when they're all shipped out and we get em. I was thinking make a miniphunnel pic thread where we take pictures of ours in cool or silly ways. Just a general picture thread to enjoy a visual payoff forum wide instead of just getting to see our own personal bowls.

I hear ya ninja. I've been bored with the forum lately, but it's stuff like this that makes me keep coming back every once in a while.

Indian Villager: Do you ever come into Philly? If so, I could just meet you somewhere and pick mine up. Though... I'm sure that really wouldn't help you much, since you still have to send out another 109 bowls by mail laugh.gif

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 18 2008, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Red/Black

I also chose Turbulent Indigo on top and Oasis Green on bottom. thanks!

QUOTE (cymptom @ Oct 18 2008, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear ya ninja. I've been bored with the forum lately, but it's stuff like this that makes me keep coming back every once in a while.

Indian Villager: Do you ever come into Philly? If so, I could just meet you somewhere and pick mine up. Though... I'm sure that really wouldn't help you much, since you still have to send out another 109 bowls by mail laugh.gif

Sometimes around christmas I do to visit family....wanna wait wink.gif

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 18 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok people all 110 have been chosen. If you were before that message in the order thread you are pretty much in. There were like two or three people I skipped because they just felt sketchy. Now I get to figure out shipping costs!

I really hope you didn't count me out just because I'm new here, I'm really looking forward to the mini phunnel~ As I responded in the PM 61820 is the area code for Champaign, IL and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a campus of over 40,000. I'm willing to give you any sort of necessary confirmation, fax my drivers license even, etc, but I still haven't heard back from you.

Thanks in advance.

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 18 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure that those boxes are flat rate? They said the smallest flat rate box was this big ass textbook sized thing that cost like $9

They said that because the small box isnt flat rate but as long as it is under 1 lb it is 4.80 if it is 1-2 lbs then check the price list for the change, it only adds 1-2 bucks for 1-2lbs the highest it goes is like 8 or so for a far far zone. So no it isnt flat rate but they should all weigh under 1lb for people who ordered 1 bowl (which is just about everyone)

So under 1lb in that small box = anywhere in the usa 2-3 day 4.80

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Oct 19 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 18 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure that those boxes are flat rate? They said the smallest flat rate box was this big ass textbook sized thing that cost like $9

they are lying lol, I ship these boxes everyday ... and when I order stuff from mnh they occasionaly ship them in the boxes I am talking about and it says 4.75 for the price b/c they print labels offline (usps gives a discount for that)

I am 100% positive the small boxes are 4.80 if they are under a pound 100% sure!!!

Just order the ones I linked earlier in the thread, they are free and free shipping, as I said as long as it is under 1 lb you are good to go for 4.80!

The mini phunnels alone are like 9oz and then there is bubble wrap!

yikes, this shipping crap is stupid, how do we have a massive deficit when shipping cost souch an absurd ammount?

IV you could pick up a box and assuming your small phunnel weighs similar to what the minis will, pack it like you intend to pack the phunnels and see what the weight is.

Perhaps a vendor could take the time to help us out with the shipping details and the best way to do it for as cheap as possible?