Music

Mirus

I pretty much listen to either hardcore/grindcore/deathcore/christcore/technocore/ (Winds of Plague, KOTA, TDWP, Attack Attack!, A day to Remember, Chiodos, Stick to Your Guns) the core list goes on, screamo, or emo electronica like owl city, kill paradise, breathe carolina, intruder alert, so on.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (drabin @ Dec 18 2008, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I pretty much listen to either hardcore/grindcore/deathcore/christcore/technocore/ (Winds of Plague, KOTA, TDWP, Attack Attack!, A day to Remember, Chiodos, Stick to Your Guns)

wow i have seen every single one of those bands live. and they were all amazing.

fares karam, chaabi jedwane, cheb khaled, daler mehndi, cheb mami, fairouz, nancy ajram, najwa karam, amr diab, singh is king, sting, bob marley ,UB40, phil collins, traxamillion, mistah fab. kind of just depends on my mood but mostly old school and new school rai/arabic/punjabi/bhangra stuff with some 80's and early 90's stuff too

with me and my friends we are either listening to:

DMB
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Kanye West (lame to me)
our favorite podcast (Uhh Yeah Dude - I highly suggest it if you don't listen to it already! mad funny!)

or we talk about politics.

usually UYD and politics is what is in play when the hookahs come out.

Slightly Stoopid, Pepper, Expendables, Grateful Dead, Phish, DMB, String Cheese Incident, Dispatch, INCUBUS!

always have crazy talks about life and we try to explain to the rest of the group whats wrong with the world lol, like at my work people can wake up at 7 in the morning and come and buy a 52 oz. Mountain Dew, thats sick fucked up and i think something that is wrong with american our liquid serving sizes are messed up.

Atmosphere, Classified, Blue Scholars, Cunninlynguists, Dilated Peoples, Hilltop Hoods, Sublime, Souls of Mischief, DL Incognito, Sweatshop Union, Mickey Avalon, Zion I & The Grouch, People Under The Stairs, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slightly Stoopid, MIA, Living Legends, Ziggy Marley, Bob Marley, Lupe Fiasco, Binary Star, Swollen Members, De La Soul, 2Pac, The Expendables, Dispatch, Birdman & Lil Wayne, Andre Nickatina, Fort Minor, Damian Marley, The Doobie Brothers, Zion I, Immortal Technique, Kanye West, T-Pain, Tech N9ne, 50 cent, Three 6 Mafia, Bachman Turner, Blackalicious, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Hieroglyphics, Murs, Jurassic 5, Common Market, and a few others

My three favorites while im smoking would probably be Blue Scholars, Common Market, and Slightly Stupid

QUOTE (Abaco @ Dec 21 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Atmosphere, Classified, Blue Scholars, Cunninlynguists, Dilated Peoples, Hilltop Hoods, Sublime, Souls of Mischief, DL Incognito, Sweatshop Union, Mickey Avalon, Zion I & The Grouch, People Under The Stairs, A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slightly Stoopid, MIA, Living Legends, Ziggy Marley, Bob Marley, Lupe Fiasco, Binary Star, Swollen Members, De La Soul, 2Pac, The Expendables, Dispatch, Birdman & Lil Wayne, Andre Nickatina, Fort Minor, Damian Marley, The Doobie Brothers, Zion I, Immortal Technique, Kanye West, T-Pain, Tech N9ne, 50 cent, Three 6 Mafia, Bachman Turner, Blackalicious, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Hieroglyphics, Murs, Jurassic 5, Common Market, and a few others

My three favorites while im smoking would probably be Blue Scholars, Common Market, and Slightly Stupid

pretty good taste man, ill have to check some of those other ones out. aren't the expendables incredibly under rated?

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Dec 18 2008, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Furthermore. This guy:

QUOTE (roux58 @ Nov 10 2008, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fleet Foxes, Radiohead, The Hives, Kings of Leon, SOAD, Scars on Broadway, Black Label Society, RHCP, Turbonegro, MGMT

Has unbelievably good taste in music. Right down to the Turbonegro.

Why thank you gaia. I try to keep it classy.

QUOTE (drabin @ Dec 18 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I pretty much listen to either hardcore/grindcore/deathcore/christcore/technocore/ (Winds of Plague, KOTA, TDWP, Attack Attack!, A day to Remember, Chiodos, Stick to Your Guns) the core list goes on, screamo, or emo electronica like owl city, kill paradise, breathe carolina, intruder alert, so on.

i was smoking with my bud nathan when i read this. his brother is in kota haha, i went to school with them and job for a cowboy

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (kazz @ Dec 20 2008, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
with me and my friends we are either listening to:

DMB
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Kanye West (lame to me)
our favorite podcast (Uhh Yeah Dude - I highly suggest it if you don't listen to it already! mad funny!)

or we talk about politics.

usually UYD and politics is what is in play when the hookahs come out.

RHCP is the number one band we listen to while smoking hookah....awesome.

When smoking is usually a mash-up of anything from : The Roots, Aesop Rock, Ratatat, Against ME!, Black Star, Good Shoes, Kings of Leon, Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective, Lawrence Arms, Modest Mouse, MAN MAN, Ray LaMontagne, Bob Dylan, Matisyahu, etc.

#1 is defiantly atmosphere, i'll listen to anything they put out.
but definite good song is murderers by john frusciante

then in no particular order and whether it is one song or all of theirs
sage francis, people under the stairs, lupe fiasco, kanye west, justice, daft punk, murs, american analog set, beirut, the bloody beetroots, boom bap projects, crookers, deltron 3030, eyedea and abilities , felix da house cat, fischerspooner, mstrkrft, peachcake, the spill canvas, voxtrot, masta ace, armor for sleep, andre nikatina, bryan ferry, the faint, matt costa, mickey avalon, the pharcyde, phish, safaria on pluto, the statistics.

• 2 weeks later...
DJ Tiesto (ESPECIALLY his In Search of Sunrise series!)
Infected Mushroom
A Perfect Circle/Tool
Staind
Bassnectar
Incubus
The Mars Volta
Hip-Hop instrumentals
Black Label Society
Joe Satriani
Radiohead
Daft Punk

Pretty much all I need. There are definitely others out there, but these are my staples.

QUOTE (the_silly_taco @ Feb 2 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sage francis, people under the stairs, lupe fiasco, kanye west, justice, daft punk, murs, american analog set, beirut, the bloody beetroots, boom bap projects, crookers, deltron 3030, eyedea and abilities , felix da house cat, fischerspooner, mstrkrft, peachcake, the spill canvas, voxtrot, masta ace, armor for sleep, andre nikatina, bryan ferry, the faint, matt costa, mickey avalon, the pharcyde, phish, safaria on pluto, the statistics.

haha I just thought that was funny.

QUOTE (Hippo_Master @ Feb 11 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (the_silly_taco @ Feb 2 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha I just thought that was funny.

mr. pitiful is the most upbeat song. it always gets me out of a bad funk.

My favorite smoking music is dub reggae. I like Scientist and King Tubby the best, but I occasionally venture out from the classics and throw on roots live dub (burning spear, mikey dread, some marley). Easy Star All Stars have good tribute albums, and the Gorillaz dub album (laika come home) or some british dub stuff like mad professor can be good. I'll also dig up some obscure Sublime/Long Beach Dub Allstars if I'm feelin it. Its the type of music that doesn't demand attention so you just have background noise, but can be complex enough to really enjoy when you digest it.

Second to that is DJ Screw. His DJing has a seriously hypnotic effect and when you learn to read him through his sets, it's mad good. Other DJs that chop and screw don't hold a candle to him, he makes music you can really feel. It helps that I like gangsta rap.

There's also jazz. I have to be in the mood but when I am its great.

Something about expressive music that doesn't require you to concentrate on lyrics does it for me.

QUOTE (the_silly_taco @ Feb 2 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the spill canvas, andre nikatina, the faint, matt costa.

Approve. Love me some Andre. Spill Canvas is great too. Had a chance to hang out with them once. Awesome guys. The vocalist is such a nice guy. Legit.

QUOTE (Will_Evo @ Feb 14 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I listen to Anberlin, Mae, Say Anything, and Jacks Mannequin when I smoke. Very chill artists with some awesome songs. I recommend them to anyone.

Approve. With modifications. tongue.gif

QUOTE (mitchard @ Feb 15 2009, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (the_silly_taco @ Feb 2 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the spill canvas, andre nikatina, the faint, matt costa.

Approve. Love me some Andre. Spill Canvas is great too. Had a chance to hang out with them once. Awesome guys. The vocalist is such a nice guy. Legit.

QUOTE (Will_Evo @ Feb 14 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I listen to Anberlin, Mae, Say Anything, and Jacks Mannequin when I smoke. Very chill artists with some awesome songs. I recommend them to anyone.

Approve. With modifications. tongue.gif

lol they are the ish and you know it. smile.gif

-Evo

I'm a downtempo/chill/acid jazz guy when it comes to hookah.

Air, Thievery Corporation, Portishead, Massive Attack, Ratatat, The Beloved, Karminsky Experience, Dandy Warhols, etc...

Occasionally I will do some chill rap like Maino, Flipsyde, etc...