Hello! New Here And Pretty New To Hookahs!

Chrisonfire

Hey!
Just thought I would stop in and introduce myself and my hookah.
I was in the market for buying a new hookah when I was talking to my parents and they presented me with this little jem:

And a cloth hose with wooden tips. Should I replace this?

Actually from what little I know about hookahs, I don't think its much of a jem, but It was free so hopefully I can make some good out of it.
Its all brass and defiantly has not been used in a long time if at all. Its really going to need a good cleaning before its in service too.

From what my parents told me, my grandparents bought this when they went to India in the early 70's. It sits on a larger marble elephant, but my parents still wanted that.

Hope to learn a lot about this thing from all of you, if not, at least how to get it up to snuff.

-Chris

QUOTE (mitchard @ Sep 24 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool little hookah. How tall is that thing?

No bowl on it I assume?

Yeah no bowl yet, going to the smokeshop tomorrow to get some cleaning supplies and everything else to get it started! Probably going to need a new tray though as the one on it is really tiny.

Its just over 3ft not counting the few inches the base adds and the hose is about 9ft so its got some size. Edited by Chrisonfire

QUOTE (mitchard @ Sep 24 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right on. Hopefully its in working condition and all it needs is a good cleaning.

Off topic - WWU student?

Naw. WCC and BTC student.

At a lot of WWU parties though....
tongue.gif

I just finished most of the cleaning, Im soaking it with some vinegar right now.

I actually cleaned the entire thing by hand with ketchup(an only tut said its a good alt to brass cleaner) and boy did it clean up well. Ill post some cleaned up pictures of it soon, and hopefully have it in use tomorrow night.