Fix broken Hookah?

actually you might just wanna attempt to repair the existing stem.  i'd recommend some JB Weld, i've heard many people have used it to fix all kinds of problems with their hookahs.   if you DO replace the stem, either a piece of stainless steel pipe or brass would work, just beware of galvanized metals (zinc vapors can be horrible for you) and DEFINITELY don't use copper.  I've heard too many horror stories, even though I'm not sure what it is about copper exactly that's so bad.  Probably the heat in this case as well.Actually galvanized metals might not be so bad for use in the stem, because there's zinc in brass and that doesn't seem to give people problems.... just make SURE you keep it away from the heat :)

Thanks.  I just got back from my local hardware store.  I bought a brass pipe that slips perfectly in the old one and JB Weld.  Helpful hardware man showed me all the options with brazing, solder, etc...but we confered that JB weld would have the air tight, water tight and heat resistance to do the job..  I got it all together now and it looks like in 15 hours I'll be back in biz.

Nice to see your message confirming that the handy hardware man did not lead me astray.

Step 1:
Go to the hardware store and get a length of copper tubing that is the same diameter of your existing tube.
Step 2:
Take hookah stem and grind the end where the bowls sits just a little. Then use a butane torch to melt the sloder where it comes out at the bottom. Give it a yank and it should come out.
Step 3: cut another piece of tubing that length and reinsert. tap into place with a hammer. Use solder and torch to braze back in place at the base of the stem. Replace the nut by brazing as well.

[quote name='Hexagon']My 14" hookah got broken today  I smoked it in my balcony and left it there with water and other stuff. And it's about -20C there... so it crashed because water turned to ice[/quote]

[quote name='Hexagon']My 14" hookah got broken today  I smoked it in my balcony and left it there with water and other stuff. And it's about -20C there... so it crashed because water turned to ice[/quote]i used a gatorade bottle on my old 21" ;)worked like a charm! oh and a tomato juice bottle too