How Do You Spot A Fake Khalil Mamoon Hookah?

Yesterday, I walked into my local shop and I saw a hookah that looked similar to an original Khalil Mamoon Amer. I havent got any pics so i will have to describe it as best as i can.....Its got a silver stem, and a light blue base which has several small dark blue stamps in the middle of the base. It has a hose that is white, with a handle that has a blue velvet type material covering it. The handle actually has 'Khalil Mamoon' printed on it. The tip on the hose is made of acrylic. Its around 30 to 32 inches tall. Its a pretty heavy hookah. I want to buy this but i'm not sure if its real or not. I asked the shop owner if it was a genuine KM, but he didnt know shit from chocolate and just told me that it comes with a box. I live in the United Kingdom and is rare to find Khalil Mamoons in local middle eastern shops. So my question to those Khalil Mamoon owners is, what should I look for in a REAL KM? Any markings that I should look for? Pictures of Original KM Amers would be brilliant. Thanks in advance

If I was you, I would go for that pipe either way.

Its hard to tell really, but you can look out for the purging valve tip, look for some type of 'engraving' on the ash plate and also below it -flower like engraving-

Take some pics of that pipe and send it my way, I might be able to better assist you with pics.

Thanks Codename, its got a cylinder type purge valve. And where the ashtray sits, it curls back towards the base. I think there are some engraving on the tray, but not sure. If anyone has any pics of their KM Amer, i will be able to tell if its real.....

http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=17960&st=260

pic of some dude's amer on this page

Where abouts in Manchester is this shop? I might be able to take a look for you. I'm guessing it's in Rusholme...

How much is it going for? If the price is deccent and the KM is genuine buy it!

ill post a few pics to help identify a real KM hookah.
here is a tray, (the smaller version of the 2 KM trays that i know of)

here is the tray holder

and here is the hose port and the purge valve. the KM has 2 different styles of purge valve, this is one

heres the downstem, most KMs dont have the bend in it

hope that helps

The shop is called First choice and i live in Bury near Manchester. Do any shops in Rusholme or Longsight sell Khalil Mamoons? And thanks alot for the pix guys, i really appreciate it. Canon and SmokinMoose, you are both legends!!! I think it is an original but i'm going to go do some investigating tomorrow and see if there are any of those markings on there. The shop keeper said he will sell it to me for £30 so it works out to be like $60! Will let you know how I get on, thanks biggrin.gif

QUOTE (aleemkahn @ Sep 5 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've decided to buy one hookah tomorrow and then i'll post up pix of it, then u guys can let me know what you think of it.... Then i'll probably buy more from him. Watch this space........

Sounds good... Even if it isnt a KM doenst mean it wont smoke fine. Most Egyptian pipes will smoke just foen for ya... But ya get some pics up

Hey. Not been on for a while but nice to see new local posters! Does the shop have good variety. I dont live far from Bury and id def take a visit, if you could get the postcode, would be cool. Thanks, il go see for myself and tell if they are original KMs. If its £30 and its original, its a good deal.

QUOTE (DrShisha @ Sep 6 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey. Not been on for a while but nice to see new local posters! Does the shop have good variety. I dont live far from Bury and id def take a visit, if you could get the postcode, would be cool. Thanks, il go see for myself and tell if they are original KMs. If its £30 and its original, its a good deal.

Hey Doc what's up man?

For £30 I'd go for it too

Well heres the pic!!! I asked the shop assistant where it was from and he said it was an import from Dubai. Its actually got an original Km hose, but the tray doesnt have any writing and the tray holder has 'El Basha' on it. But the stem is pretty nice and the base looks good too. Looks exactly like a KM Amers stem. He showed me his whole range, he's got some red ones and different bases. Doc, i dont know the post code, but mine is BL9 9AL. I live 5 minutes away from the shop. Not sure if i shud get it? Any ideas???

QUOTE (aleemkahn @ Sep 6 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well heres the pic!!! I asked the shop assistant where it was from and he said it was an import from Dubai. Its actually got an original Km hose, but the tray doesnt have any writing and the tray holder has 'El Basha' on it. But the stem is pretty nice and the base looks good too. Looks exactly like a KM Amers stem. He showed me his whole range, he's got some red ones and different bases. Doc, i dont know the post code, but mine is BL9 9AL. I live 5 minutes away from the shop. Not sure if i shud get it? Any ideas???

I hate all your northern gits!

I'd sell my left testicle to have a shop like that anywhere near me!!! And that hookah looks really good.

Even if it isn't a KM - I'd say it's well worth it.

JD

Get it. I know you wont be disappointed. Let us know how it smokes!

I forget the name of the cheetham hill shop you were speaking about. What was it again:D.

Il go to both tomorrow. Peace. Edited by DrShisha