Mixing Vs. Layering

Ok, so what are the pros and cons of both of these method? I heard that layering is just for using stronger flavored tobacco like mint. but will it work if i layer two different kinds of fruit flavor?

Last night I loaded up the Superchief with Horchata and Cocoa ( Kudos to whichever one of you suggested this, it's now my go-to mix! ) I scooped up a little of each, and just placed them side by side in the bowl. With two coals going on top, i got both flavours at once. No layering or mixing at all. Might just try dumping a healthy portion of strong coffee in the base next time.

SmokeytheInnovative

Sometimes it really depends on the brand of shisha as well. Its tough to mix tangiers with anything but tangiers. In this case I layer. Otherwise +1 for mixing.

As a side note...mixing AF Mint and Tangier's Lucid Horchata is at best a D+. You would think otherwise...but...nah.

Okay, now we're getting to the specifics...

If one were to layer noir Tangiers with another brand, say AF, how would one layer the bowl since the packing methods are polar opposite eachother? Would it matter which was on top, and would you pack tightly like the tangiers method or just sprinkle like the
AF method? Anyone have success with this? And has anyone ever mixed the 2 and had good results?

Please no smartass "just use Lucid" comments as that is a different tobacco altogether imo. Edited by giant ninja robot

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Sep 3 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please no smartass "just use Lucid" comments as that is a different tobacco altogether imo.

Agreed.

I've only mixed with lucid, so I can't really say. If you're looking at say, AF and Tangiers - maybe 2 half circles with different packing methods. If you mix something non-tangiers into tangiers and pack it down...it's gonna get lost IMO.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Sep 3 2008, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, now we're getting to the specifics...

If one were to layer noir Tangiers with another brand, say AF, how would one layer the bowl since the packing methods are polar opposite eachother? Would it matter which was on top, and would you pack tightly like the tangiers method or just sprinkle like the
AF method? Anyone have success with this? And has anyone ever mixed the 2 and had good results?

Please no smartass "just use Lucid" comments as that is a different tobacco altogether imo.

see i have had nothing but utter success with the mixing method, i have never layered. also i have mixed AF and tangiers before as well as tangiers and starbuzz before and as long as the flavors complement each other its tastes great!

says the milk carton have you seen me boy....Where you been dude?

CALL ME!

Everything said has been spot on in my experience. But I do layer in the phunnel a lot especially my medium and large for those long sessions. I Love having one flavor fad into another one and another...it's great. But I tend to mix them for shorter sessions and in Egyptian style bowls.

i used to just mix tangiers and other shisha and pack the bowl. it was packed, but not overpacked and it worked fine, but i used probably 1/3 or 1/4 tangiers until i could get the hang of tangiers alone.