Has Anyone Tried Putting Red Wine In The Base Of There Hookah?

Last night I mixed 50/50 red wine and water and with Orange bowl with rose and after Cherry / Rose 70%/30% with a small funnel.

I do have to say this was the best hookah session I have ever had. The red wine was delicious it brought out the cherry/rose flavors so much. And the first session with the orange was absolutely delicious. I wanted to bite into it..

Anyone try red wine in the base??

I did try it with pure red wine (no water).
It was rough on the lungs..
a big hit at a party though!

Here's a fun project:
50-50 mix of water and ice-cold ouzo. I'm talking about the ouzo kept in the freezer for a week. Smoke Nakhla double apple. Brings a nice buzz and the ice crystals in the ouzo look like a giant snow globe. Have a beer with it. dance.gif

Whatever you do, don't smoke strawberry with it. bad.gif

MR Bubble

personally i wont try it, i have tried putting juice and wine in my base but i never notice any difference in the flavors. so i just ditched the whole thing and just happily went with water.. Edited by modisess

QUOTE (modisess @ Sep 1 2008, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally i wont try it, i have tried putting juice and wine in my base but i never notice any difference in the flavors. so i just ditched the whole thing and just happily went with water..

Word. It never seems to work out or serve any purpose other than changing the draw, making the base harder to clean, or giving me a sore throat and/or heach ache. I get enough flavor from my shisha.

Really, the secret is finding a liquid (booze in my case) that goes well with the flavor of the tobacco. White zinfadel (had to find some use for the crap) with strawberry or mixed fruit, ouzo for apple and douple apples (Nakhla), and cold coffee for licorice, cappucino, coffee flavored. Once you match things up, they can become enhanced, though the coffee didn't do much for me. The ouzo was the best so far, but that is a 15 dollar smoke.

I'll see if I can find the review of that one.

MR Bubble