*drum Rolls* Thalata Is Here! Pics Inside!

Thanks to mattarios2 who helped me get the KM Thalata (HC wouldn't ship to Canada, so I had it shipped to him and he shipped it to me), I am now the proud owner of my first quality Hookah, and the cherry on top is that it's a KM!

Pics:

I've acclimated some Tangiers K Cherry all day and will give it a try tonight in my new Glass Phunnel too.

Updates to follow!

QUOTE (Keshidam @ Aug 29 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That pipe is smoking.

Yes it is! I'll post full body pics tomorrow, my wide lenses are in the studio and the lighting sucked.

I had three bowls tonight.

1- Tangiers Kashmir Cheery and Coco Naras
2- AF Caffe Latte with Jap Easy Lite
3- AF Melon with Jap Easy Lite

Tangiers bowl was beyond disgusting. Harsh smoke, even with two coco naras, tasted like coal, and the cherry taste was not good. It acclimated for 12 hours and was packed tightly with the shisha barely touching the glass screen.

AF Latte was delicious. The smoke was dense, huge clouds, and taste was wonderful. Great bowl.

AF Melon was even better taste and smoke was, but I dont like the flavor much...

I don`t know wtf it is with Tangiers, Im gonna try with foil and not the glass screen because the combo is just killing it I thing, too much of a noob yet.

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Aug 30 2008, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really love that Hookah! wub.gif I have never got a bad batch of cocos. What is wrong with them? You have to use a coil burner to light them.

That's exactly what I bought

They were burning red when I put them on and the smoke was so harsh and it tasted bad, they ruined two phunnel bowls so far.

QUOTE (peterjmag @ Aug 30 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beautiful hookah, and beautiful photos. What kind of camera are you using?

I'm a hobbyist photographer, I'd probably be classified as "advanced amateur" or "entry level pro" since I shoot for money but don't have high end Nikkon gear.

Close up shots were taken with a Pentax K10D with Voigtländer 125mm/f2.5 APO-Lanthar macro lens. The full body I believe I was either using my 77mm FA or the Tamrom 28-75mm.

Thanks for looking!

Very nice!

I also noticed the nice quality of pics.

I'm just getting into photography and i wanna take some classes to get better.

Just got my first camera ever worth talking about (Nikon D60) I dont have any new lenses yet but i know which one's i'm planning on getting.

QUOTE (TigerLord @ Aug 31 2008, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (peterjmag @ Aug 30 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beautiful hookah, and beautiful photos. What kind of camera are you using?

I'm a hobbyist photographer, I'd probably be classified as "advanced amateur" or "entry level pro" since I shoot for money but don't have high end Nikkon gear.

Close up shots were taken with a Pentax K10D with Voigtländer 125mm/f2.5 APO-Lanthar macro lens. The full body I believe I was either using my 77mm FA or the Tamrom 28-75mm.

Thanks for looking!

The K10D is a great camera... When I get together the money for a DSLR, it'll most likely be that one, if not another Pentax. My only SLR right now is a Pentax K1000 from the late 70's. Extremely simple, but still a good piece of kit. I've got a Vivitar telephoto lens and another (Nikon maybe?), the whereabouts of which I'm not to sure of at this point.

I usually develop my own B&W film (haven't learned color yet), but it's been harder and harder to get into the darkroom at my college lately.

A pic of the K1000 from a couple of years ago:
Edited by peterjmag