9 replies to this topic

#1 Balthazar

Balthazar

Vizier - Molassed Harlequin

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:33 AM

So I recently moved out to get closer to where I attend College. Smoking hookah is now way harder, not only does the apartment have a smoke detector that it's impossible to deactivate, there is a no-smoking policy, so I have to sit right next to my window and hope the alarm doesn't go of. The airflow makes it hard do do rings, especially when it's windy, but otherwise it's not that bad (although winter will be a real bitch).

Anyways, the apartment got the flat kind of stove-tops, where the burners are visible. I'm a little skeptical of using them to light up my coals, if I damage or break anything I won't get my security deposit back. So I was thinking of getting a electric coil burner. Heres the kicker: the kind most of you people use are impossible to get a hold of here. The only kind you can buy is the standard ceramic stove-top, and they usually have this "auto-stop" function when it gets to hot, so it barely lights my CocoNara and CocoBrinco half way through. It works OK when using easy lite or exotica, but I prefer the coals I first mentioned.

I've found the walgreens stove top at several sites, but non of them seems to ship internationally. The coconara-site sells them too, but it only ships to parts of America and The Middle East.

Does anyone know of a site that sells this product and offers international shipping?
"The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead." - John Maynard Keynes

My favourite movies| LastFM

#2 mushrat

mushrat

Who says you have to LIKE me?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,327 posts
  • Interests:If you need to reach me my email is adbliss(at)yahoo.com.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:46 AM

What power plugs do you use there? are they the same wall plugs as we have in the US?

How did I screw up my links after all this time???

target="_blank">facebook

HookahLover25 : (22 February 2011 - 04:47 PM) Edit icon GIN is not my friend. Wood pecker tasting goat eating rainbow slushy munchy double gummy bear drooling smurf jumping flash banging downstairs underground hiding little midgets crying a river playing triple penetrating frogs rolling down a mudslide full of Sasquatch eating Eskimo smelling skunk ass drooling burning nostrils of no remorse dying infront of a doorbell that's not even working worthless worms sunbathing crispy friend chicken. I hate GIN... Shit is nasty!! Ughhhhhh

#3 Balthazar

Balthazar

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:05 AM

Nope, but converters are widely available.
"The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead." - John Maynard Keynes

#4 Balthazar

Balthazar

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for the tip smile.gif. They're currently out of stock, but it seems like Nazar ships internationally, so it's worth a shot.

#5 AzZ

AzZ

Emir - Of the Emerald Argileh

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

Contact Raed at Coconara and he will most probably ship one out to you. I got my coals direct from them and received it in 6 days. Great service wink.gif

Edited by AzZ, 27 August 2008 - 02:54 PM.

#6 Zinite

Zinite

Hookah Master

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

Just picked up the burner from walgreens. It works great.

#7 shisha fan

shisha fan

Grand Sultan - Sultan of Shisha

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Balthazar @ Aug 27 2008, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, but converters are widely available.

i don`t think thats very safe, the converters are meant for low power equipment (video game consoles, dvd players and stuff like that).

my electric stove uses 2000w and its a small one too. it may be possible to use a converter but i would be very cautious and make sure that you`ve got one that can handle the job.
Posted Image

#8 NickReppinThe909

NickReppinThe909

Grand Sultan - Sultan of Shisha

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:50 AM

you dont have to "deactivate" the fire alarm just get a trash bag and some duct tape and seal it up and smoke away

(11:41 AM) jezter6 - it gets fairly tight, but if i hit it the wrong way you can feel it wiggling and just have to jam it back in

(07:59 PM) SixPackSunday - i like the cock

(01:55 AM) tinyj316 - nick: just tell her you have a 10 inch tongue and can breathe through your ears

Use some sort of oil to lube up the area and pull it out. Must be jammed in there pretty tight.

#9 likespaceships

likespaceships

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:music and xbox

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

why don't you check amazon for a coil burner?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users