Best Way To Burn Coals?

Hello all
I got my first hookah at the weekend and i clearly need more extra's. I'm trying to find the best way to burn the coals but i dont want to do it indoors and stink up the house, thus i can't use the cooker. What is the best and safest way to burn the coals quickly and efficiently?
I tried it with a cigarette lighter, unsurprisingly it was not a success smile.gif
Thanks for the tips guys. As you can see i'm pretty green smile.gif
Regards
Drugness

QUOTE (Drugness @ Aug 25 2008, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all
I got my first hookah at the weekend and i clearly need more extra's. I'm trying to find the best way to burn the coals but i dont want to do it indoors and stink up the house, thus i can't use the cooker. What is the best and safest way to burn the coals quickly and efficiently?
I tried it with a cigarette lighter, unsurprisingly it was not a success smile.gif
Thanks for the tips guys. As you can see i'm pretty green smile.gif
Regards
Drugness

People around here recommend the Walgreen Single Cooker (or something to that effect, costs 10$). Costs 10$ and have free shipping, someone will post the link soonish biggrin.gif

a fag lighter should work, jus open a window or somin in ure room and light the coal it should take some time jus keep tryin (btw is ure coal quick light or natural coal) afta just blow the coal a bit it usually works for me and my friends

-Mister V!

Its hard to get a natural coal that will not make the entire house stink...although I've heard good things about cocos

quicklights...you have to use a high concentration of heat fast to not get the smell, but you could waste a bit of coal in the process...someone above said torching...yup

care to elaborate on the penname?