Km Diffuser

Wharbone

I wanted to make a diffuser for my KM since I've heard the Heba diffuser won't fit over the big end of the stem. This would work with any stem, not just a KM. This is what I came up with.

The hookah is much quieter which is great if you are watching movies. The smoke also seems to be denser.

Materials needed:

Hotel Shampoo bottle (thoroughly cleaned).
Rubber adapter (available at any hardware store).

• Upvote 1

QUOTE (Scoop @ Aug 24 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very slick, will definitely be doing this.(what kind of hotel bottle was it? the ones i have are massive compared)

hmm... Can't remember. I'm a musician so I travel a lot. I just removed the sticker that was on it before. I just looked through my aresenal of travel shampoo that I've aquired and found one that I thought would be about the right size. You could probably just go to a Walmart and find one in their travel toiletries section.

I used a dremel tool to cut the neck off and also to drill the holes.

Edit: I just compared it to a Bath & Body Works shampoo bottle that I got at a hotel and it is not the same. The Bath & Body Works would be too small. Edited by Wharbone

• 4 weeks later...
This inspired me to try it out. Really similar in design, minus the actual seal you used. A good amount of tape did the trick. rolleyes.gif

Slapped a little tape along the edge of the diffuser itself to close the gap between it and the tape.

Just finished trying it out. Worked perfectly. Edited by mitchard

call me crazy, ive never owned a KM but might soon, how did you fit the rubber adapter over the bolt? does it just stretch? and would it be found in the plumbing section or what? very nice looking btw, doesnt even look DIY.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Just wanted to bump this brilliant idea.  I finally made one last night after waking people up with the rumble of the KM and having to use subtitles while watching a movie was getting old.  

I got lucky and found the perfect bottle and the rubber O ring thing in the garage so it was basically free.  It worked absolutely perfect.  The KM smoked great and it was as quiet as my MYA QT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Made one a few weeks ago from a sample shampoo bottle with the top cut off and a gasket that was lying around. Put about 20 holes in it, so far its working great. Although I like the noise of the draw from the KM, I also really enjoy how quite this made it. Quieter than my QT and pull was not affected much at all.

QUOTE (Jeff_T @ Nov 10 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Made one a few weeks ago from a sample shampoo bottle with the top cut off and a gasket that was lying around. Put about 20 holes in it, so far its working great. Although I like the noise of the draw from the KM, I also really enjoy how quite this made it. Quieter than my QT and pull was not affected much at all.

the pull should actually be easier..