Az Hookah Smokers

I smoked the Havana Rowan flavor last night and really enjoyed it. It reminds me a lot of black currant. I posted a review of it in the review section for those who are interested. Looking forward to trying Havana Pipe later today.

QUOTE (MrMoodz @ Dec 20 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (nickimholte @ Dec 20 2008, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (annual @ Dec 20 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any place besides coughing canary have fantasia?

nanas at 35th avenue and union hills does:)

There's a smokeshop around Cave Creek and Union Hills that has some Fantasia as well. $14 for 200g. Not nearly as many selections as Nana's but worth a look.

Also, I went to Cafe Istanbul today and they indeed have exotics for $7.99 a box. They also have a ton of new Havana. The new cans look really identical to Starbuzz tins. They even have a flavor called Blue Mist smile.gif I picked up AF's new Guava flavor (smells like Kern's Guava juice), Havana Pipe (smells like molasses by itself), and Havana Rowan (smells like Black Currant). I will be writing a review on all 3 flavors once I have had the opportunity to smoke them.

i stocked up on exoticas from there too, i was so stoked to find someone locally who had them. and i saw all the havana as well, but i ended up snagging a kilo of af mint instead and a 50 of the grape mint haha

• 3 months later...
I found this through yelp.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/smoke-m-goodyear-g...ch/query:Hookah

You should spend some time on google and see what you can find. Remember any smoke shop or cigarette shop more than likely carries hookah supplies.

QUOTE (MrMoodz @ Apr 17 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found this through yelp.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/smoke-m-goodyear-g...ch/query:Hookah

You should spend some time on google and see what you can find. Remember any smoke shop or cigarette shop more than likely carries hookah supplies.

Thanks. Didn't realize most traditional tobacco shops carried shisha. Went to this place today. They had a lot of fantasia. Picked up five flavors to try. Friendly enough staff, about a dozen overpriced, dusty hookahs.

I've recently visited a few of the hookah shops close to me in Tempe. Here's the recent scoop based on my visits the last few weeks:

A&A on Southern & Mill Ave - 480.966.7300.
These guys are great customer service and communicate clearly (i.e. language barrier is pretty small).
What's SUPER DUPER GREAT is just this month they practically doubled their shisha stock by:
(1) adding Fantasia (in 200 size) to their shop, and they will have the 50 size in a week or so; and
(2) they increased their stock of Fusion (just raised price on 50's to $3.99) and they added A LOT of Fusion 250 flavors (and they even have huge buckets of some flavors that I guess is 2,000...but I didn't check to be sure). Their Fusion stock is the most I've seen at any shop I've been to: and
(3) they are getting the Phoenix-based brand "Deja Vu" in stock soon. Basically these guys have practically doubled their shelves of shisha. Of course they have AlFahkher and some other brand I haven't tried.

I've also been to both Coughing Canary shops (Ahwatukee and Tempe locations) and found their shisha choices are low. The Tempe store is never staffed with knowledgable people, but the Ahwatukee one is staffed by an owner named Steve.
These shops are expensive.
They have Fantasia, Fumari, a little Deja Vu, very little Fusion, very little Starbuzz, very little Al Fakher, and a lot of these little jars with white lids (can't recall brand name but they stink so I didn't buy), and they have that Hydro brand of crap. Basically I don't waste my time at either of these stores anymore, except if I hope to find a Fantasia or Fumari flavor. But Fumari is too freakin pricey at this place (but it's the only shop I've even found Fumari).

Cafe Istanbul Their customer service is like playing roulette, but overall I've been happy except for the first time where I was shadowed like I was gonna boost some shisha. They DO have a lot of shisha of course, and they have the most coals (and in bulk) of anywhere I've been so far.
If I remember correctly their shisha lines are: Layalina, Al Fakher, Deja Vu (the whole line in both 50 and 250 sizes), Starbuzz, Havana, and these little cardboard caps that are like pre-made shisha smokes. I've probably forgotten another shisha brand or two that they have...but these are the biggies I saw there.

Okay, I'm done...I just figured I'd share some info since I've been hitting the shops close to me quite a bit to figure out what I like and where to get each shisha brand at the best price.

MONEY WISE, Cafe Istanbul and A&A have the best prices overall.

If any of my fellow Phoenicians have other stores to recommend then please do. I figure there are other ones out there that I'd like to check out if they are good sources!