08/08/08 08:08:08

Johnny_D

Im not gonna lie, I want to see this thing make a black hole..

Gonna have to go get me some Nork before the world ends. ylsuper.gif

I remember a few years ago when Texas A&M slowed down LIGHT! Me and a couple of buddies, thought hey if they F@$# Up we are all screwed..... No telling what the result proves, but Can't wait this might be fun!

QUOTE (diatonic @ Aug 7 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's going to be very interesting to see whether the Higg's boson can be observed or not. Nonetheless, damn that thing is HUGE, check it out: Large Hadron Collider <-- big photos

The hashem particle [god particle].... Hmm.... One wonders.

If we discover it i wonder if could trigger the 2nd coming... Or maybe Mr Spock will beam down tongue.gif

JD

QUOTE (diatonic @ Aug 7 2008, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's going to be very interesting to see whether the Higg's boson can be observed or not. Nonetheless, damn that thing is HUGE, check it out: Large Hadron Collider <-- big photos

That thing is HUGE! I had no idea something like that was even possible! Def looks like something out of a movie.. Can't wait till they test it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (iamscott06 @ Aug 7 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (diatonic @ Aug 7 2008, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That thing is HUGE! I had no idea something like that was even possible! Def looks like something out of a movie.. Can't wait till they test it biggrin.gif

Some of the comments are -ing hilarious

QUOTE ('People from Blog')
67. yea but can it make pancakes? if it cant why are we even wasting our time with this?
69. I just hope they dont cross the beams!
126. I, for one, welcome our new subatomic overlords
159. Where is the flux capacitor, and how does one get that thing to 88mph?

QUOTE (billy @ Aug 7 2008, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some say the world's gonna end on 2012

http://www.survive2012.com/why_2012_maya.php

OH YEA!...The end of the world can kiss my ass.I wont go out without a smoke and a serious asswhooping to my neighbor.....I've also always wanted to free a Polar Bear from a random imprisonment.

happy.gif

8:08:08 - is this 24 hour time or 12-Hr AM/PM Time?
Which time zone will be the official 08:08:08 time for the destruction, or will it move across the world in an orderly hourly fashion?

1) As long as that thing gets me closer to having some Iron Man armor I'm cool with it. Be all like "REPULOR RAYS!!!" and blow up a chicken....

2) The death star closer to reality then we think? Vader is definately behind this...Damn French and Swiss housing a known terrorist dark sith lord

y2k dry.gif

I believe the 2012 to point though...not end of world all together, rather a cleansing of the Earth...some bad catastrophes like hurricanes and earthquakes and bam...few survive...maybe the Earth will go back to Pangaea

So I feel stupid because I'm the first to ask this... WTF is that thing even soposed to do?

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Aug 7 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I feel stupid because I'm the first to ask this... WTF is that thing even soposed to do?

If I understand correctly (which I may not), it's supposed to create a mini "big bang" like the one that supposedly created our universe. As far as I'm aware they've already created black holes in other particle accelerators, but they are microscopic and exist for only a fraction of a second. This has the potential to be one of the greatest scientific experiments ever conducted. I'm really anxious to see what kinds of data they are actually able to record once they fire this thing up. They could create anti-matter!

Has anyone seen the movie "Sound of Thunder"? It makes me wonder what we could do with particle accelerators in the future...

@ Jezter- It's going to cross the world in an orderly fashion. Surely worldwide destruction would follow the conventions of timezones, wouldn't it?