*taps Microphone* Hello, Is This Thing On? Ahem...hi All!

Greetings, all! I've been searching for a while for a good forum about hookahs and stumbled upon this one. After browsing around for a few days, I've decided I might as well join...the hookah community here looks friendly and educated. happy.gif
I'm currently a college senior in music education and found my love for hookahs my freshman year...I never even knew such a thing existed until a group of friends took me out! Right away I fell in love with the art of the hookah itself and the taste of the flavored tobacco. The fact that I'm a brass player also gave me a set of strong lungs so I enjoy "showing off" a bit with the smoke. tongue.gif I go out for hookah only every so often as a social event but I vow that one day I may just have to purchase one for myself...

The forum looks great and I shall continue socializing, educating myself about hookahs, and browsing the site! I'm still trying to search for that perfect starter-kit, or maybe I'll just buy everything seperately if I can find a small or medium-sized hookah for a decent price.

~JazzyPiano

QUOTE (SimplexCoda @ Jul 24 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to the forum, welcome to being broke. Now that you are on here you will find out about so much stuff that you just cant live with out. Anyway, I hope you find this place as helpful as i have.

Thank for the kind welcome...and the reality that you are right about probably being broke (even though I save my money and only spend it for something big every so often). I figure my next month's of paychecks will be all going towards a digital camera and a hookah...thank goodness I am doing work study while at school to keep my bank account above sea level!

A thousand welcomes to you!!!

A hookah can def be an expensive good time if you stupidly went all out on the largest hookah you think will fit in your tiny dorm room...*cough cough*. But realistically since I bought it I havn't bought a single case of beer, and my shisha has costed wayy less than my friend's drinking habits. I drink for free and they smoke for free, so it all works out in the end I find =D

Hookah.gif relax and enjoy, welcome to the family!