Your Worst Hookah Experience.

Ill start with mine, i have 3 tongue.gif im curious what bad happenings other people have had.

*First:I was stupid, and didnt clean my hookah for a while (wasnt smoking it) and ran out of ciggerettes so i was like oh well ill just smoke the hookah, light it up, first hit was great, second WHAM some tobacco piece or coal piece something gross hits my throat, almost threw up. Clean your hookahs, lmao. tongue.gif

*Second: I cracked my firsts hookahs vase trying to get the neck off, let it sit to long, rubber got dryed on and snapped the neck, almost cut my hand open.

*Third: It was one of the first times i smoked a hookah, i was at the hookah bar and took waaaay to many big hits, and i got the worst headache, manly hotflash, and sweats ive ever had, let alone at one time, that was horrible.

Other then that, the other 300 something times ive smoked it, its been great =]

Your turn!

haha I can relate to some of those.

1. Siphoning a hose and gagging on the gross water.
2. A QT with 2 year old al fahker mango.

Im sure there have been plenty of harsh moments but those are just off the tip of my head :]

mmmm i guess i have many, besides broken bowls and vases i'd have to say getting drunk knocking over my hookah and having 3 fully lit coco's synge my carpet in like 5 different spots with huge holes is the wrose lol...no one was hurt but my carpet got raped laugh.gif

I use a toothpick to poke holes in the bowl. And somehow a toothpick was stuck in the carpet facing up on an angle. I stepped on it a piece of the toothpick broke off into my foot, and my foot got infected the next morning (it happened late at night) b/c of the tobacco choose on the end and the piece of wood in my foot. Had to have my foot cut open and had it removed.

Shit sucked

edit: and the 50,000 holes in my basement rug Edited by mattarios2

It was this girls birthday so we went to a hookah bar in philly.

Place was packed, and they kept the hookahs on the tables (stupid).

Someone hit the table on the side, the hookah tipped over breaking the vase, and the coal flew threw the air landing right into the birthday girls shirt.

The owner was a real pain, and called the cops on us. She forced us to buy the hookah and at first she was asking 180, for a hookah that couldn't be worth more than 90 including a vase. We talked her down to 100, pitched in and gave it to her.

She suffered 3rd degree burns. Poor gal.

Loaded up some Double Apple in the bowl. Then got the bright idea of filling the entire base with Apple Vodka....Lungs were in pain for a week. Always keep majority water in the base people!

was drunk and was sitting on the ground, wen i tried to get up i put my hand on 2 whole bars of coals... had very very bad 3rd degree burns on over 50% of my left hand... and several trips to the hospital for that 1 cuz wen it started to heal it got infected

QUOTE (momatik @ Jul 13 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone hit the table on the side, the hookah tipped over breaking the vase, and the coal flew threw the air landing right into the birthday girls shirt.

The owner was a real pain, and called the cops on us. She forced us to buy the hookah and at first she was asking 180, for a hookah that couldn't be worth more than 90 including a vase. We talked her down to 100, pitched in and gave it to her.

The shop owner should have been paying you and praying you did not sue.
The situation sounds as though the place was negilgent and did not provide a safe atmosphere for the patrons.

I don't know about worst...but one day my friend was drunk, i was pretty buzzed, and he stood up to go to his car and he dropped one hookah, the hose on that got tangled with the second and third hookah, all of them fell down, and a good 9 coals fell on the couch lol. that was a big disaster.

we were smoking hookah in a bar and getting ready to go, i pulled my hose and knocked both phunnels to the ground. so far that makes 3 clay phunnels broken, 1 glass phunnel unbroken (i dropped the glass one froma bout 7 feet in the air and it hit the street and didnt break, you could see on the foil where it hit too

QUOTE (pigpen @ Jul 13 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (momatik @ Jul 13 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The shop owner should have been paying you and praying you did not sue.
The situation sounds as though the place was negilgent and did not provide a safe atmosphere for the patrons.

Yeah no kidding. We were telling the owner it's her fault because the tables weren't exactly sturdy.

But she was in a lot of pain. We just wanted to get out of there and take her to the hospital.

Oh dang... 3rd degree burns? And the b*tch made YOU pay? Jeez....

Anyway, one time I was at a hookah lounge back in Vegas called Azuza. Now Azuza is a cool place, but they have all these uptight rules... no more than two people to a hookah, and you HAVE to buy some tea of theirs (which wasnt even very good). Anyway, I'm sitting in a booth facing away from the door, and we're all just chillin, you know? There's a bit of commotion outside, and some people are running back and forth from the door to the back of the lounge, and one of the workers there gets a mop. A whole bunch of the other patrons are looking towards the door. I figure it's no big deal, when all of a sudden, cops and paramedics show up, and stretcher goes to the back of the place to bring this guy out. My first thought was that a guy got really wasted and threw up (hence the mop) and had to be rushed to the hospital to be treated for alcohol poisoning. Couldn't be further from the truth. Pretty soon, the lights go on, and a cop starts talking, asking everyone to please let them know if they heard or saw anything that happened, and that everyone would be asked to vacate the premises soon. The owner says that once the cops give the go ahead, everyone can clear out and the hookah's on them that night.

We leave, and the sidewalk outside the place is mopped wet, still trying... but the landscaping and rocks have some small puddles of blood, and a good section of the parking lot has been sectioned off with crime-scene tape.

Apparently, the poor fella was shot nearby and ran into the lounge because it was the only place open that hour with people there... o_0

so yeah that pretty much tops anything else I've got. The next worst involved a friend of a friend who works at a hookah lounge, who was all like "hey you want me to fix it so it'll be AMAZING?" and then proceeds to hastily and crudely fork out some shisha into the bowl, leaving me and my buddy Mike with splitting headaches later that day.... dry.gif" lol...

I'd have to say that my worst hookah experience was the one I had tonight... So I'm setting up my hookah, getting ready to smoke some Tangiers Orange Soda. I've got pretty much everything set up and my coals are on my hot plate. My phone rings and its my girlfriend. To make a short conversation even shorter: she said that it was over. So right then and there I'm in that classic 'fuck it all' mood but I decide to still smoke the Orange Soda. My coals are done and I put them on my Phunnel and start puffing away. I've got a lot on my mind and I can't really focus on the hookah. To top that off, I just can't get the Tangiers to smoke right. No matter what I do it's just not working. Not only am I back to square one when it comes to the opposite sex, but tonight was one of the few nights Tangiers just wouldn't smoke for me. Wah wah waaaaaaah... sad.gif

Mine would have to be my first two times smoking...

First time we borrowed my friends brothers hookah, and we had no screen (didnt think or know to use foil) and no charcoal, so what did we do, we put cotten balls right on the shisha and lit them with a lighter and pulled while they were lit. How the hell we smoked a bowl of that, I dont know...

Second time, we still didnt have coals or a screen (dont ask me why, i dont even know) so we just held a lighter to the shisha and somehow smoked a few bowls

i had my 4 hose rotator on a coffee table in my room with a bunch of drunk people around, one was so drunk when he got up from his chair, he almost fainted and fell with his knee hitting the side of the coffee table, breaking the entire thing, sending the hookah and coals flying, luckily i caught the hookah, but one of the jap coals landed on the foot of the girl i was hitting on, and the other landed in between two of the cusions of my couch. we couldnt find it until we smelled the couch on fire. yeah it didn't go well with the girl either needless to say.

and btw, i'm sure everyone will agree with me that the worst part about having your coals fall on the carpet/something else that melts, is not that your carpet is damaged, but that you need to spend another 10 minutes lighting more coals because the old ones have melted carpet on them! Edited by imfantabulous

Last month, when twice in as many days, I dropped coals on my beloved new carpet. I got them off the floor quickly, and then spent half an hour carefully cutting away burnt carpet with a pair of scissors, washing with Resolve, and then vacuuming and scrubbing. I have to hand it to myself, you can't even tell that the carpet was burned.

It's an honest mistake that any hookah enthusiast will do at least once... But I get the dumbass award because I did it twice... on new carpet. I've since rectified the situation by covering the entire hookah-smoking area with a rug.

- Ronald

Besides the many coal errors that have taken a large sum of years off my life due to stress, the worst experience I've had was when 2 friends and mine all brough our hookahs over. We 36 inch Syrians and a 36 inch KM going for about 2 hours straight between the 3 of us. All was well until I just started feeling like shit, hot flashes, headache and a sick stomach. I was pounding back ice water for an hour after that but it made me take a break from smoking for a few days.

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jul 14 2008, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd have to say that my worst hookah experience was the one I had tonight... So I'm setting up my hookah, getting ready to smoke some Tangiers Orange Soda. I've got pretty much everything set up and my coals are on my hot plate. My phone rings and its my girlfriend. To make a short conversation even shorter: she said that it was over.

sad.gif I'm sorry Boss ... that sucks.

My worst experiences have been coal burn all over my carpet, nothing like a coal the breaks into a jillion pieces when you pick it up with the tongs and the coals goes all over. The QL Sparkler effect. Makes the carpet look real cool....NOT. Can you say no security deposit back??

Another time I had a really good smoke going, the phone rang, I set the hose on the floor,(also my Hookah is ALWAYS on the floor). anywho, the hose got tangled in my foot. pulled the hookah over coals fell on my bed the Hookah falls over the vase goes SMASH and I am standing the with a stem a glass shards and then I grab the coals off my bed with my fingers because I have no idea were the tongs went, threw a a big glass of water on the bed, No burns on the bed thank God. But scorched fingers and my only Hookah at that time was broke. I think I said about every nasty thing that could come out of ones mouth in about 45 seconds.

Every time I smoke Fantasia Pink Lemonade also. Starts out tasting great, and then turn to a burnt plastic taste and I tried many different set ups, and I got the same results. I ended up selling all my Pink Lemonade to some one of the forums here.

went on a camping trip with a buddy of mine to lake don pedro in norcal. Was all good, brought his mya acrylic, and about 2 kilos of tobacco (af/aw/fumari/sb). Set up camp and realize we left the phunnel on the sink at his house. Obviously we are now just thinking we are fucked. then i decide to carve a bowl out of half a potato that actually worked very well...but the taste was un bearable. next day got fruit to make bowls out of so that problem was solved until we moved camp sites. We move, put our boat in the water and get all the hookah stuff out. Set the acrylic stem on the table (without the down stem) and a gust of wind comes and knocks over the acrylic stem sending it down towards the stone bench seat. Stem hits right at the hose port snaps it clean off. was a very, very disheartening time.