Shisha Tobacco On Plane

so im going holiday n wanna know hw much tobacco i can take with me.

is there a limit?

i know there is a limit on cigs but dno bout shisha tobacco, seeing as it is STILL tobacco.

prob gonna take mint, peach and cola. all 250grams.

i'd imagine it would follow the rules of liquids none over a certain amount in carry on just put it in tupperware and then pack it in checked luggage

Check with the airline...are you flying internationally, there are certain restrictions for certain countries.

QUOTE (wpw36 @ Jul 9 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'd imagine it would follow the rules of liquids none over a certain amount in carry on just put it in tupperware and then pack it in checked luggage

i no dat lol i used to work with the liuids dpt n stuff lol, but yeh im takin it in its original cardboard box thing. der all nakhla tobacco.

im sure theres like a limit on tobacco to other countries.

just like u cant take more than 2 bottles of any drink to or from countries

I flew many times with a carry on size suitcase full of shisha and vases. Put all your metal stuff in your suitcase that gets checked. You can put natural coals in there too. I brought my coil burner, cookie sheet, coal carrier, stems, board to put the Hookah on, coals the whole nine yards! Wrap the vases in bubble wrap. I keep my shisha in glad containers also. I had some unopened shisha also in case there were questions.

i took almost a killo of shisha and my hookah on a plane from california to florida and there was no problem... the only problem i could see is if you have to go threw customs... hope it works out for you cuz you gotta smoke on vacation

QUOTE (goon @ Jul 9 2008, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Stuie @ Jul 9 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check with the airline...are you flying internationally, there are certain restrictions for certain countries.

Amsterdam. Europe.

I know you can take 250 grams of tobacco (the law doesn't mention hookah tobacco specifically) duty free into the Netherlands at most, but people have brought me more than that on several occasions without paying extra. If you want to buy from here, expect almost only Nakhla at between 8 and 12 euros for 200 or 250 gram boxes. Edited by Majid

like majid said, you probably won`t get taxed if you take some tobacco. i doubt the dutch customs even know what it is. and you won`t find much else than nakhla and habibi shisha over here. there is a small store in the leidsestraat in amsterdam that has a meduse brute in the window display (for 800 euros), they sell some hookahs and tobacco but it`s not cheap

• 1 year later...
I recently came back form egypt for a lil R&R and brought back a shisha and 13boxes of nakhla with absolutely no issues at all, all the boxes were 250g which is 3.25kg i went through customs fine however it was shared between myself and my gf's suitcase so was split up, but you cannot carry any shishas in the hand luggage as its been used in the past as a weapon.