Is Mixing Honey With Shisha Bad For You?

I heard from my friend that mixing honey into shisha (about half a teaspoon worth) gives you loads of smoke, and so, I tried it. I did get loads of smoke and also had a very relaxing buzz which I used to get when I first started smoking shisha but not anymore.

My friend thinks that the honey could be really bad for us cause of the buzz it gave, can anyone give their views on this?

On the flip side I mixed half a teaspoon worth of honey into Al-Fakhers Double Apple and the results were amazing. - A better tasting, better smoking, more relaxing session of shisha!

Thanks

starbuzz is actually honeny based. As such i put some honey into a batch I have last night and zip locked it to "refresh" it so hopefully it won't be as dry as it was.

And honey isn't a bad thing to vaporize and breath in, I mean come on, you're breathing in smoke...from tobacco. Yeah honey is really going to mess you up. :-P (/sarscasm...just for mushy)

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Jun 27 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
starbuzz is actually honeny based. As such i put some honey into a batch I have last night and zip locked it to "refresh" it so hopefully it won't be as dry as it was.

And honey isn't a bad thing to vaporize and breath in, I mean come on, you're breathing in smoke...from tobacco. Yeah honey is really going to mess you up. :-P

Actually..honey is NOT bad for you and I could swear I read someplcae about honey bombs sorta things where a extra dollop of pure honey, smoked, could hit you a little different...but I don't remember the details.

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jun 27 2008, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always add a little honey to Nakhla and I've yet to see any ill effects.

I've been licking this lead block in my garage and have yet to have any side effects....

Victim, I'm not mocking you or anything, but I think he's more worried about in the long run. Which, I guess smoking is bad for you in the long run anways, but does extra honey just aggravate the situation?

QUOTE (greeknate88 @ Jun 27 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been licking this lead block in my garage and have yet to have any side effects....

Victim, I'm not mocking you or anything, but I think he's more worried about in the long run. Which, I guess smoking is bad for you in the long run anways, but does extra honey just aggravate the situation?

I dunno I've been adding honey to nakhla for 3 years now, smoking is smoking is smoking. Either way it's gonna kill you... I'd just rather have big clouds while I'm dyin... Hookah.gif

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jun 27 2008, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (greeknate88 @ Jun 27 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno I've been adding honey to nakhla for 3 years now, smoking is smoking is smoking. Either way it's gonna kill you... I'd just rather have big clouds while I'm dyin... Hookah.gif

Fair enough I guess. If it enhances the experience than why not. I probably wouldn't add it to a more glycerine based tobacco such as tangiers though.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jun 27 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (liquidglass @ Jun 27 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And honey isn't a bad thing to vaporize and breath in, I mean come on, you're breathing in smoke...from tobacco. Yeah honey is really going to mess you up. :-P

Actually..honey is NOT bad for you and I could swear I read someplcae about honey bombs sorta things where a extra dollop of pure honey, smoked, could hit you a little different...but I don't remember the details.

Well not sure why you quoted my post, because the honey messing you up was sarcasm lol. I'll just add that in there wink.gif

QUOTE (dakingkevin23 @ Jun 27 2008, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you add honey to your tobacco, make sure it's natural honey, like honeycomb honey. I'd hate to see a member get brutally sick because he used some crappy honey

I think im gonna try this tonight.

The natural honey part, not the brutally sick part... cool.gif

Honey has been used as a natural healing agent in homeopathic medicine for centuries. I'm not the expert but I'm told by people who are that it's a natural antibacterial agent and helps damaged tissue regrow without scarring. For instance it's long been used on burns to minimize scarring and form a antibacterial seal on the exposed skin to prevent infection. Does it work? Your guess is as good as mine, however, from homeopathic history it appears inhaling vaporized honey may even counter some of the effects of tobacco smoke rather than add it it's harm.

'Rani

I use it all the time to revitalize dried out tobacco. Get clear honey if you can find it. It won't have such a strong honey taste when you smoke it.

Honey is amazing for you in all forms and is perfectly fine to breath. That is unless you have amazingly harsh allergies. Some high pollen honeys can cause allergic reactions in those that are extremely allergic, but this is rare.

As state honey is an antiseptic but it is also a preservative, a sweetener and an amazing source of nutrients that your body craves.

If you have not noticed I am a nut for honey... honey nut... ha.

I eat it, drink it, smoke it and bathe with it. If I am not dead yet you have nothing to worry about at all.

QUOTE (pingywon @ Jun 27 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no matter how you slice it - you are smoking bee vomit wink.gif

i was watching dirty jobs or myth busters or something and they said that it isnt accually vomit. Bees have a second stomach that they store it in then can spit it up.

But either way they are spitting it up...

Take a moment to consider what happens to food that enters your stomach. Now tell me that honey is gross comparatively. It's processed by the bee's body to align the sugars and concentrate the nectar. Far my hygienic than what any of us could "spit up".

QUOTE (storm2210 @ Jun 27 2008, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My friend thinks that the honey could be really bad for us cause of the buzz it gave, can anyone give their views on this?

Is your friend ten years old? Honey can be not good if someone consumes too much, too much sugar could make someone feel sick.

QUOTE (Kalutika @ Jun 27 2008, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take a moment to consider what happens to food that enters your stomach. Now tell me that honey is gross comparatively. It's processed by the bee's body to align the sugars and concentrate the nectar. Far my hygienic than what any of us could "spit up".

I dunno. I typically use the regurgitated contents of my own stomach. Works great. rolleyes.gif

McDonalds honey is the shit!
however, i question how much honey is actually in it, i know it says "pure honey"
but what does the FDA define as "HONEY"
and remember , if theres one thing the united states of america should NOT be proud of...
it's thier cheese.

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jun 27 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
McDonalds honey is the shit!
however, i question how much honey is actually in it, i know it says "pure honey"
but what does the FDA define as "HONEY"
and remember , if theres one thing the united states of america should NOT be proud of...
it's thier cheese.

Legally they can not claim that it is pure honey if it is anything but. The water content needs to be of a certain, low level, it must be produced by bees... et cetera. It is most likely just a cheap clover honey. That is why you get that dry feeling in your mouth after you eat too much.
Nothing wrong with it. It's just the low end of the spectrum so to speak.

I really want to get my hands on some heather honey... but it is so damn expensive. I am looking forward to when they learn how use killer bees more safely. Their honey is great and is produced in astounding proportions.

QUOTE (greeknate88 @ Jun 27 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I probably wouldn't add it to a more glycerine based tobacco such as tangiers though.

all hookah tobacco has glycerine in it. it's whether it's a honey-based shisha or molasses-based shisha. i have been under the impression that mixing honey in with a honey-based shisha would be fine, but adding it to a molasses based one would be kinda bad. never knew why. i think i heard it from someone on the forums. iono. i guess i see no reason why the molasses would mix poorly with the honey.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 29 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I allways, ALLWAYS, mix a teaspoon of honey into my nahkla, works a treat!

JD is the Nahkla connoisseur and if if JD says that it's okay to mix honey with Nahkla, then i believe him. good.gif