Greetings From Saudi!

What a long strange trip it's been so far!!!

I pick up 3 pipes since I got here- a MYA with an ice chamber, a KM!!!, and a cheap shitty pipe from a gas station (of all places!). Heres the problem, the Mya and the KM have a slight-harsh after taste to them. I scrubbed them out, swabbed the stems with alcohol (!) and still a slight taste.....the tastes remains with both QT's (arabic) and jap coals.

Any thought form y'all???? Please send all replies to my e-mail: bronc6@hotmail.com
Due to shitty interner service and working my ass off, my internet access ain't what it used to be!

I found a little shop in Riyahd that sell nothing but KM's! I was in heaven! I was able to get a beautiful pipe and a 5 kilo PAIL of Nakala double apple! Been hitting the gas station cheap ass pipe ALOT!!!

Harry

Asalaam Alekum (sp?). Hook me up with a KM brother! The harsh taste would probably be because they have an easier draw therefore you are pulling more heat through the shisha than with the other pipes with the same set up. I suggest using less heat or moving the coals further out to the edge of the bowl. Either way good luck and happy smoking.

P.S. This forum is a great resource and information is abundant on various issues a lil bit of searching goes a long way.

Harry!! WTF have ya been up too? My Wisco friend way over in Saudi. Can I trade places with you?? But I do not want to be in the army though... Nice to hear from you man. Stay safe and happy smoking. Bring me back a bunch of dates too. I will gladly pay you Tuesday for some dates today! Hookah.gif

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Jun 26 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Harry!! WTF have ya been up too? My Wisco friend way over in Saudi. Can I trade places with you?? But I do not want to be in the army though... Nice to hear from you man. Stay safe and happy smoking. Bring me back a bunch of dates too. I will gladly pay you Tuesday for some dates today! Hookah.gif

Lol aww man Wimpy Wellington, it's been awhile

apply it to shisha and I'm all about that shit.

Not trying to rain on dude's parade, but I thought you could get hookahs and shisha at gas stations normally? Small ass town around me has chinese mya's, pharaohs and havana shisha. Nothing spectacular I just didn't know it was strange.

As far as the hookah goes I'm with Indian, it's probably just too much heat, but that's AWESOME you found some good hookahs while you were there.

Look through the downstem of the MYA. It should be smooth, but if you notice bumps, it may have glue residue in there. The fix: run lots of very hot water through and run the cleaning brush in there. Don't be surprised if you pull out several quills of hard glue. Fixed the harsh taste for me.

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Jun 26 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not trying to rain on dude's parade, but I thought you could get hookahs and shisha at gas stations normally? Small ass town around me has chinese mya's, pharaohs and havana shisha. Nothing spectacular I just didn't know it was strange.

As far as the hookah goes I'm with Indian, it's probably just too much heat, but that's AWESOME you found some good hookahs while you were there.

i wish gas stations where i live sell hookahs and shisha...theres only 1 tobacco shop in a 60 mile radius of me...it would be good to go during the middle of the nite to buy some hookah coals or something at a gas station

QUOTE (blckngld760 @ Jun 26 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i wish gas stations where i live sell hookahs and shisha...theres only 1 tobacco shop in a 60 mile radius of me...it would be good to go during the middle of the nite to buy some hookah coals or something at a gas station

Hey all!

Thanks for the tips! I got my hans on a brush, I ran it through the Mya with hot water and got alot of shit out of it. I looked like flux from soldering! Tasted like it too!

The harsh taste in the KM was fixed by setting the QL on the edge of the bowl...yup, you guys were right- too much heat!!

Snoopy- I'm not in the military!!! I am a civilian firefighter! I am over here on contract. I thought it was a good time to take an $85,000 a year (taxfree!!!) job. The econmy in the States sucks!!! So, here I am in Riyahd...smokin a KM and makin $$$$$!!!

QUOTE (HarryTheHookaMaster @ Jun 29 2008, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (blckngld760 @ Jun 26 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey all!

Thanks for the tips! I got my hans on a brush, I ran it through the Mya with hot water and got alot of shit out of it. I looked like flux from soldering! Tasted like it too!

The harsh taste in the KM was fixed by setting the QL on the edge of the bowl...yup, you guys were right- too much heat!!

Snoopy- I'm not in the military!!! I am a civilian firefighter! I am over here on contract. I thought it was a good time to take an $85,000 a year (taxfree!!!) job. The econmy in the States sucks!!! So, here I am in Riyahd...smokin a KM and makin $$$$$!!!

Sign me up!!!

man since you are in saudi try their famour 'inab toot' meaning grape and berrys. OMG its one of the best flavours ever

there arent any hookah cafes in riyadh so your best bet is to look for a place outside the capital

trust me, you wont regret the grape and berry