The Bent Band

Snoopy1966

Everything from class Rock to todays Music. Seether, GodSmack, Theory of a Dead Man, Hinder, Velvet Revolver, and originals.

We are pretty diverse as far as our song list goes, so that is a huge plus when someone wants to hear a song, you can play it for them. We have a killer PA and light show with a fog machine too!!

sweet pics. hope you guys got free beer. also, I'm glad to see you don't have sleeves on that shirt.
+1 for sleeveless

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 16 2008, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why the name 'Bent' ? This has most serious connertations this side of the pond.....

Not sure on that one. The former lead singer who quit wanted that name. We are going to change the name and things when we get our new posters and EP's. We have some great shots so we can make our own. That saves us the Photographer sessions.

What does it mean there in the UK? Can you even post it? If not PM me...Thanks

QUOTE (iamscott06 @ Jun 16 2008, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... You guys gotta tell us what it means..

OK. Bring on the flames.

Bent - Colloquial English Slang Terminology for :-

1. A Homosexual, Normally a man. On Par with calling someone a fag or a faggot. IE " That bloke is well Bent "

2. A Dishonest person. Most notiably in connection with police. IE : " A Bent Copper "

JD

The name will stay the same because it does not mean what is described. We are Bent on Music, is what it is supposed to mean. Something like that, the Bass player said it better, I will have to get his exact words.

Edited by Snoopy1966

Very nice Snoop!! Looks good bro! I have been debating getting me a set of drums lately. I am on the fence between drums and an acoustic. Acoustic would be better now since I live in an apartment for the meantime. But drums are what I have always wanted to play!

Went to an open jam host by Annex and Fahrenheit420 last night
Here is Annex from GB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkcPWR9hEco

MTV video, really cool. I jammed with all these guys last night. My band played about 7 to 8 songs and then we all changed up and played with Annex and F420. Great times and great people, we will be going every Wednesday now and maybe host the open jam also. We have a killer PA and light show. The guitar player for Annex hosts open Jams on Mon and Tues, and he asked me to bring my drums! His brother is the drummer in Annex and he has other commitments during the week.

Here is F420
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HJg1Pu3s2DE&feature=related

Stay tuned for Bent opening for LA Gunns next Friday. I hope to have some video, I probably can upload only our originals since we probably can not upload cover tunes.

Opening for LA Gunns of Friday. Here is the poster I got from the concert promoter last night. I have tickets to sell also. I am going to jam with his band also, and maybe my drums will be used for the whole show and I will make some dollars!! Anyone in the GB area want a ticket for 10 bucks??

Here are some pics from this past weekend also!

Well, I beg to differ with your premise that the name "BENT" for a band is funny only to the english. It's gay connotations span across the net, at least to this

Knowing it wasn't a good name choice, I did what I could with it, and came up with the slogan, "We are BENT on entertainment," hoping to set up a decoy of sorts to steer folks away from it's gay meaning. Touche' BENT brothers.

QUOTE (nonbent @ Jun 29 2008, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I beg to differ with your premise that the name "BENT" for a band is funny only to the english. It's gay connotations span across the net, at least to this
Knowing it wasn't a good name choice, I did what I could with it, and came up with the slogan, "We are BENT on entertainment," hoping to set up a decoy of sorts to steer folks away from it's gay meaning. Touche' BENT brothers.

World is bigger than the net wink.gif

Who the fuck knows what's funny to america.... Let's take friends for an example tongue.gif And of course Fag in england has a totally different connertation in england than to america! That's all I was driving at when I mentioned it to snoopy.

Will Smith had a similar reaction to his [If i remember correctly] Album called 'Big willy style' or words to that effect. Again different meaning this side of the pond.

PS - That website is ENGLISH... The giveaway was the telephone number and the prices in pounds

"PS - That website is ENGLISH... The giveaway was the telephone number and the prices in pounds"

Still a product of Western Civilization. yes.gif If I looked far and wide in the states I could probably dig up a similiar take on the name. I always thought of it as a meaning a bunch who are a little crazy and tainted, which is ok.

Ed you are a joke. He is jealous because he sits at home and we play. We have a new guitar player that sings better then you Ed. We Rock better then anything I saw from videos from you. You really need to get a life. Make a Band with Mark. Oh yeah consider yourself banned also because you do not know a freakin' thing about Hookah. Mark must have told you about this site.