Never In My Life Have I Been So Offended. This Is Absolutely Ridiculous.

I received an e-mail at 6am this morning saying my order status had been changed to "sent" although I received the order on Monday the 9th this week. Along with the e-mail came a comment from Neal. It did state that he was sorry for things that had gone on, it was Holly's fault and that he was going to continue his yelling/screaming rampage at HC and Eric. Don't know if others received this as well. Strange happenings afoot.... Edited by Jeff_T

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Stuie @ Jun 13 2008, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Visions...some of us watched live on Blogtv last night....it's always fun to watch a mental breakdown!

I was watching Blogtv last night, too. I can't say that it was exactly fun to watch him hit rock bottom. It was different, hearing him blame Mushrat and Holly... I found it a bit odd that he never said "I messed up." After the phone call was over, Neil called bj a pussy. He might be an OK guy deep down inside (which I kinda doubt), but I have no desire to order from him and I never have either.

Man, I don't know what to think anymore, I always felt in my experience it was always holly causing the problems. My last order I didn't get my 200g of fant gingerbread I ordered. And its been I don't know 10 days and still haven't gotten the rest of the order. I asked her if shed throw in a small box of coconaras to make up for it and she said sure, so lets hope i get it.

But anyways, sucks you were cussed at and what not, thats not cool, glad things got worked out, but I think I may just start buying from HC and HS b/c of their awesome tracking systems they give to you, and always answer their phone at your service, even though they don't quite have the deals neal does I love knowing where my package is and when I'm gonna get it.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 13 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Truth though... If this is the worst you have ever been offended... I am guessing you have never tried to Drive the North Circular in rush hour.

Lol... I'm guessing most people here didn't understand this one. Oh the horror!

So... t'seems that some people here like Neal a lot, some people agree with the OP that Neal's behaviour was not really that professional, and some people can see a conspiracy brewing: "The OP, bjelder (IF THAT IS HIS REAL NAME), didn't order shisha, or possibly ordered coffee flavoured stuff, and possibly doesn't actually exist. He doesn't have the evidence, it was faked in the 60's in the Nevada desert -you can tell by the shaddows- and he was standing behind a grassy knoll at the time. In area 51, probably.".

Those worms do look tasty though.

so apparently any post that can be construed as in defense of neal will be deleted?

all i posted was this quote & "/thread..."

QUOTE (bjelder @ Jun 13 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Upon further conversation with Neal, all my issues have been resolved.

He got mad at me for Holly's mistake, found out what was wrong and IMMEDIATELY apologized like a gentlemen.

No hard feelings whatsoever.

whats wrong with that?

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jun 13 2008, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Codename067 @ Jun 13 2008, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's wrong that he unleashed his rage and stress on you. You were just unlucky I suppose.

he wasn't unlucky, this is the way neal deals with soemting he doesn't like, he yells, curses, and blames everyone but himslef. He called me and immediately tarted yelling and cursing at me. I hung up and refuse to answer his calls. This isn't just a one time snap folks. I've been dealing with neal since he got on the forum. I've had to deal with calls from him on a regualr basis where he starts out screaming and goes from there. Don't just dismiss this behavior as someone having a bad night. There is NO excuse for him.

He is pema banned from the forum. You can talk about him, you can write reviews for him but he will NOT be back.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jun 13 2008, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Codename067 @ Jun 13 2008, 04:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's wrong that he unleashed his rage and stress on you. You were just unlucky I suppose.

he wasn't unlucky, this is the way neal deals with soemting he doesn't like, he yells, curses, and blames everyone but himslef. He called me and immediately tarted yelling and cursing at me. I hung up and refuse to answer his calls. This isn't just a one time snap folks. I've been dealing with neal since he got on the forum. I've had to deal with calls from him on a regualr basis where he starts out screaming and goes from there. Don't just dismiss this behavior as someone having a bad night. There is NO excuse for him.

He is pema banned from the forum. You can talk about him, you can write reviews for him but he will NOT be back.

congrats mushrat great job

I've been on the phone all day with several friends, business contacts & DPG customers hearing all kinds of stories about Neal and his business practice. We had a deal from day one on HD that he would be able to advertise with a certain set of rules. Ever since it's been nothing but drama... everything from offering to send me freebies in return for banning certain competitors to talking on live web cam with others saying that I'm full of shit and stole his domain names, etc (which I just found out about today). He's even taken the liberty of creating a social network similar to mine and trying to directly compete and stealing my members -- something I firmly no not believe in. Also, I've been told that he's been telling customers that he owns HookahDomain and even been printing them on business cards trying to make customers believe he's an owner. What's funny is he said the cards were "advertisements" and was sending them out with all FOTM every month... three friends that received them said there was no business card with HD on it in their package... mine had one... a bunch of bullshit. He's also cussed at friends of mine over the phone, talked down on competitors on my website, and supposedly made a discount code called "HD" for 10% off on his website... when myself, and others tried to use the code, it was "disabled". I am not his bitch. He's gone from HD as well. Thanks for this thread.

THERE IS NOTHING IN THE DELETED FILE. NOTHING HAS BEEN DELETED.
SORRY
NO CONSPIRACY./

QUOTE (s_smith001 @ Jun 13 2008, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so apparently any post that can be construed as in defense of neal will be deleted?

all i posted was this quote & "/thread..."

QUOTE (bjelder @ Jun 13 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Upon further conversation with Neal, all my issues have been resolved.

He got mad at me for Holly's mistake, found out what was wrong and IMMEDIATELY apologized like a gentlemen.

No hard feelings whatsoever.

whats wrong with that?

QUOTE (JillyIsJustKidding @ Jun 12 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have every right to state your opinion but you should have straightened it out b4 you went on the forums. And please don't flame me you guys for saying this, but neal has every right to be pissed off too because people are trying to bring him down when they don't know the amount of work he has at his shop.

Him being busy doesn't really justify that kind of response. If the customer service was bad he has a right to review it as such.

I don't understand why you guys do business with this "Neal" character in the first place since it seems like people universally consider him to be a sketchy, unreliable, abusive businessman.

Like I said, contact the BBB and don't buy anything from him again. No need to post Jesus-like "Behold! I am the innocent, abused lamb" posts. Even if his response is unjustified, I know enough about customer service to know that, from what you described, you probably bugged him to the breaking point every day for weeks.

- Ronald

QUOTE (ronald_dooley @ Jun 13 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand why you guys do business with this "Neal" character in the first place since it seems like people universally consider him to be a sketchy, unreliable, abusive businessman.

Like I said, contact the BBB and don't buy anything from him again. No need to post Jesus-like "Behold! I am the innocent, abused lamb" posts. Even if his response is unjustified, I know enough about customer service to know that, from what you described, you probably bugged him to the breaking point every day for weeks.

- Ronald

Haha, man... I appreciate your response I really do. Fact of the matter is, I did not bug him, I've only talked to Neal twice (once to check on order, second to get yelled at/finally prove my point). Talked to Holly a few times, always in the utmost professional manner. I did not "bug him to the breaking point every day for weeks".

I'm glad you have experience in customer service but it didn't quite help you here. I'm not an innocent lamb, I was sharing my story with other forum members.

QUOTE (Nirguna @ Jun 12 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MatthewLee @ Jun 13 2008, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not surprised.
Place looks mad shady from the pics they have on their website.

And I love this line :
"Holly screwed up, he took it out on the wrong person."

Great, so now I have visons of some female getting verbally destroyed by this character.
Guy sounds like a real piece of work.

p.s.
I've already read all the 'dick riders' excuses for this guy, so please don't repost and try to convince me otherwise.

And you seem to have made up your mind without considering the other people who have had nothing but great dealings with Neal. The OP has had his issues resolved, Neal has apologised for his conduct to the OP. Move on.
Yes it was unprofessional - however - unless you know the whole story, I'd suggest you just keep your opinions to yourself.

Want to purchase your supplies elsewhere? Fine. Do so. It's a free country. You however seem like you have your own agenda against him.

@ Big Boss - this time (as far as I know) yes, he was raided. He's also been robbed recently (by a previously trusted party) of a few thousand dollars

Doesnt matter if they had good deals. That just means they didnt have to contact him to complain and stress him out more. Thus getting yelled at!

ITS A FORUM!! The OP was looking for some opinions from everyone.

Did you you even read the original post? If I got a phone call from him with yelling and cussing, Id blow a gasket! Or 2! That means Neal went out of his to contact this guy with full intentions of verbally abusing a customer.

QUOTE (ronald_dooley @ Jun 13 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

- Ronald

Eh, I've heard Neal blow up at Holly in the past (in a manner that would have inspired me to resign if I were in her position) over her not being familiar with their KM stock when I called asking about Hybrids and Mashals. He was great to me, but I'm inclined to believe the OP.

I was gonna order from him, but I cant support the abuse of customers or abuse of one's employees. I look at it this way...I wouldnt take it as a customer or employee, so I'm not going to support it by proxy either. I cant.