What's Your Poison?

MeHT

Seeing as how we all here enjoy a good sheesha, one would extrapolate it and assume that forum members have a taste for finer things in life in general. How about the cause of and the soultion to all of mankind's problems? © Homer
Given you're of legal drinking age, of course. biggrin.gif

Well, I'll start:

Beer: usually non-filtered: Blanche de Bruxelles, Franziskaner (both light and dark), Edelweiss, occasionally doppelbock beers or something light and easy-going, such as Corona (Light or Extra, either one's good with a slice of lime) or Miller. I'm yet to find Schneider und Sohn Aventinus in Moscow, but I cherish it as the best beer I've ever tried. smile.gif

Wine: not a wine person, but I do enjoy good glintwein, preferably home-made.

Coolers: pass on those, but if I absolutely have to drink them, let them be Smirnoff Ice. Or Bacardi one's, they're more or less okay in my book.

Liquors: not a big liquor fan either, though Baileys and Maliby have a special place in my heart. Ladies seem to love them, too!

Cocktails: Mojito, Cuba Libre, Tequila Sunrise! I always keep the necessary ingredients at home, just in case. At bars B-52 are fun, as well as Tequila Booms or anything that involves my head being hit.

80 proof and beyond: Oh yes, here's the best part. Being russian, I have a suprusing distaste towards vodka. Neither do I like cognacs. Whiskey and Rum is where it's at! Good Ol' Jack D is fine, better if it's 18 y/o Chivas Regal, Gold Label or Glenfiddich. Dark rums Varadero and Havana Club on the rocks are also fine. If tequila is involved, I'm in, but I don't know Olmeca from Hose Cuervos from Milagro, as long as ladies are doing the shots with me. And, of course, the ritualistic burning of Sambuca and Absynthe... Too bad I haven't tried real Absynthe, only those caramelish ones. Haven't tried it in a while, though I had some good times with it (almost lost an eyebrow once).

So, anyone else enjoys the occasional non-tobacco buzz?

As for beer I am a fan of amber bocks. My favorite is Killians Irish Red.
For Liqure its rum or whiskey for me. I perferr rum. My favorite rum is a 92 proof rum called Sailor Jerry's. For Whiskey it's Crown Royal. I hate vodka with a passion.

Beer: shiner bock and shiner hef,blue moon,anything sam adams,good oatmeal stouts,any karl straus,bud light.......if someone just threw a ping pong ball into a triangle of cups filled with it in front of me

Wine: not a wine person

Coolers: dont drink em unless they are only alcohol around.smirnoff is ok mikes hard is preety good too

Liquors: not really

Cocktails: love gin and tonics(gotta be tanqueray)

80 proof and beyond: love JD and nothin beats a few cherry bombs before doing kareoke!

i love beer and i can only drink hard alcohol if i have a few beers in me or it makes me sick.i know its liquer before beer your in the clear but its the other way for me

Actually, from what I've heard, you can't lower the alcohol percentage. So if you start from beer, you can stick with it or go up. If you start with hard liquor, you're, well, stuck it it. Also mixing alcohol of different fermentation origins is not welcomed by your body. Start with grains, go with grains, start with grapes, go with grapes... Not that I care on the 10th drink. biggrin.gif

Beer: sam adams,killians, pretty much only like dark beers.

Wine: don't like whine, but every now and then i pick up some boonesfarm.(i know it's like koolaid but it's like a im broke gotta get drunk tonight thing)

Coolers: ehh not a fan.

Liquors & everything else: absolut, captain morgans, grey goose,1800, courvoisieur.

Cocktails:honestly i kinda just drink the shit straight for the most part, and sometimes suicides.

I rarely drink, I'm not a huge fan of beer.

But when I do, it's Corona or Guiness Draught. I can't take much Guiness though, it's too... heavy, or something. After a couple I'm done with it and need to move on to something lighter.

As for liquor, Jager Bombs and Irish Car Bombs all the way!!!

QUOTE (Exile @ Jun 6 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sailor Jerry's!

+1

Any decent rum, vodka, or microbew is good for me. I'd say my favorite beer is Rock Bottom, my favorite vodka is Grey Goose, and my favorite rum (for the quality and price) is Sailor Jerry's. Edited by Ralleac

Almost any Islay whisky, Laphroaig or Bunnahabhain if I have a choice. Or a few of the Highlands whiskys, preferably from Kintail.

A good old 6:1 Beefeater dry martini

Any decent strong bitter, or IPA... Stout is good for cold weather.

Beer: I like lots of beer; Bud Ice, Sam Adams, Heineken, Leinenkugles Oktoberfest, I like wheat beers, Pilsner Urquell is pretty good. I'm a big fan of Guinness, and lastly Czechvar/Budvar (the Czechs make the best beer in the world, imo) oh yeah, check out Kriek Lambic beer. You'll never look back. Its between 10 to 15 dollars a bottle, but dont worry, its the beer of the gods.

Wine: There is this wine thats made in Pawnee City, NE thats absolutely fantastic. Its called Shilling Bridge. Great stuff.

Coolers: Eh... I'll pass

Liquor/Spirits: I'm a bourbon advocate: Makers Mark (my number one), Wild Turkey 101, Kentucky Spirit, Jim Beam Black Label, Knob Creek, Jack Daniels every now and then. Scotch: JB, Cutty Sark, Johnnie Walker Black/Green/Gold/Blue. Vodka: Belvedere, Stolichnaya and Stolichnaya 100 proof, and Smirnoff from time to time. I don't really do rum, but when I do I'll usually go with Sailor Jerry. Tequila: Only premium, 100% agave tequila for me; Patron, Sauza... no Jose for this guy

Cocktails: White Russians, Bloody Marys, JB Scotch and Sprite, Jager Bombs, Manhattans, Martinis (stirred, not shaken), Singapore Sling, ... lots of cocktails. I made this shot one time for my friends 21st birthday. I mixed Everclear and Jose Cuervo black into a shot, named it The Dark Side, and gave it to him. After he realized he was getting drunk pretty quick I said "Nobody can resist the true power of The Dark Side."

I generally stick to beer. I don't like wine very much, and I just don't enjoy hard liquor.

I like a lot of different types of commercial beers, but I typically just drink my own homebrew.

Beer: Shiner Bock, Guiness, Black & Tan, Blue Moon, Bud Light. (Depends on the mood)

Wine: Not much of wine drinker

Wine Coolers: haven't had on in forever, but if I did, Smirnoff Ice

Cider: Woodchuck, most flavors except Granny Smith apple

Liquor Tequila(Patron Silver, Dos Lunas Reposado, Corallejo Anejo and Triple Distilled Repsado, Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia(i've only been able to buy this as a sampler shot in a restaurant bottles of this run at least $100, Patron Cafe Liqueur, Agavero Tequila Liquer) Can you tell I'm a big tequila fan? wub.gif

Mixed drink: Vodka tonic, if available Smirnoff Green Apple vodka tonic with a lime twist

Beers: I'm a fan of Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale, most anything by Big Sky Brewery, I'm also into most English and Belgian ales. It's funny I drink beer the most but I drink like 3-4 different beers every week and like most of them so it's tough for me to say what I like specifically when it comes to brands. I can't even remember half of the names of the beers I've tried. I recently tried a mind-blowing belgian called Piraat, I could have sworn the tap handle said it was an IPA but it was more like a belgian than anythign else. http://www.vansteenberge.com/htm/2en/21200en.htm a little info on the god brew. Also I had it out of a keg and not a bottle so WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!!

Wine: I like anything not grape usually. Grape wines are foul and make me ill. I like Sake and fruit wines, and I love mead.

Liquor: If I have to do shots of something it has to be Tequila. The few I've liked were Hornitos and Patron. The best Mezcal I ever had was when we went to mexico we scored a bunch of different sized bottles with a cork in them and a label made out of masking tape. Believe me that stuff was for sipping, of course we drank it like water anyways.

I can't even believe some of you mentioned coolers. That's like talking about the finer things in life and mentioning your favorite brand of grape drank.

Anyways....

Cocktails: Manhattans are a man's drink and I love them. I also like Gin Martinis, it's not a martini in my book if it's made with vodka, sorry James Bond fans. I like mine dry and a little dirty with the tiniest tiniest hint of lime. So tiny it's like just place a lime near my glass for 4-5 seconds and it's done, lol, or alternately just lightly rim half of the glass with lime. I suppose it's more of a thing where I like to smell lime when I sip my martinis but not actually taste lime in it. I also like garden martinis made with lemongrass, a little thai twist on a classic. And if I want to push the borders of heterosexuality I'll drink a mojito every now and again.