Ultra Hookah "ice" Chamber

dyzel

just so you know, liquid nitrogen will burn like shit when it comes in contact with your skin. be careful when doing this. I would also use thick glove while handling it. also, I think it would just be too troublesome to do it ohmy.gif.

just my 2 cents

Yes, that is true, neat liquid nitrogen can give you a terrible burn.

The ice chamber Whcih i had bought is double guaged and insulated, holding the canister containing the liquid nitrogen feels much like having your hand on a bowl that just cam outa the fridge. Not too bad, not nearly hazardous. the only dangerous part here would be when filling the canister.

maybe this is in order:

DISCLAIMER:
I am not to be held responsible if you burn your skin off while using liquid nitrogen tongue.gif

That's an AWESOME idea. Personally I would say be fucking careful with the liq nitro. Or you might just break your hand into a million pieces.

But If you're going to use an ice chamber that's a really really great idea.

Still I prefer ice in the base unless I had some time on my hands to do that.

Now if only there was a way to make "ice cube" sized liquid nitro containers that wouldn't leak wink.gif

even if you do inhale nitrogen fumes... consider that almost 70% of atmospheric air contains this gas tongue.gif

i will post pics very soon!!!

And liquidglass:
You can get liquid Nitro "ice cubes"...

these are pointless for use in a hookah though, as they would freeze the water in the vase, causing it to expand, possibly even breaking your base ohmy.gif

So... I wouldn't advise it.

The only solution is if you replace the water in the base with neat alcohol, which has a much MUCH lower freezing temperature...

If you do like your base real cold, this is what you can do:

Buy frozen CO2 - DRY ICE!!!

You can buy it as a disc, diameter of around 8 inches, and a thickness of one inch. put it in a foam tray, and sit your hookah, containing cold water on it. Water gets colder, and stays that way... I have not tried this,... but... could work biggrin.gif

QUOTE (dyzel @ Jun 7 2008, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
even if you do inhale nitrogen fumes... consider that almost 70% of atmospheric air contains this gas tongue.gif

i will post pics very soon!!!

And liquidglass:
You can get liquid Nitro "ice cubes"...

these are pointless for use in a hookah though, as they would freeze the water in the vase, causing it to expand, possibly even breaking your base ohmy.gif

So... I wouldn't advise it.

The only solution is if you replace the water in the base with neat alcohol, which has a much MUCH lower freezing temperature...

If you do like your base real cold, this is what you can do:

Buy frozen CO2 - DRY ICE!!!

You can buy it as a disc, diameter of around 8 inches, and a thickness of one inch. put it in a foam tray, and sit your hookah, containing cold water on it. Water gets colder, and stays that way... I have not tried this,... but... could work biggrin.gif

you're right that would work.

The "ice cubes" i'm thinking of would be metal kind of like your thing, it might freeze the water, depends on how much was in each one.

A quick way to cool your hookah if you can't get your hands on dry ice is to put it in a cooler (like a coleman) take water/ice and some salt, mix it all together and you've got super cold water wink.gif.

OOOR you could put two parts water into one part rubbing alchy and put it in a zip lock bag, turns it into a super cold slush that you could put around the base or the stem.

well well smile.gif i must get some rubbing alcohol... If it don't work for the hookah, atleast i can always spill it down my lil bro's shirt, then watch him sufer, through a haze of warm shisha smoke tongue.gif YAAY!!

• 2 weeks later...
from what I know about chemicals, wouldn't adding salt to the allowing it to be "colder" without the dangers of liquid nitrogen (granted the smoke won't be as cold but the smoke can only get so cold before it creates crystals in the water and damages your throat)...just a thought

QUOTE (duckhater @ Jun 22 2008, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from what I know about chemicals, wouldn't adding salt to the allowing it to be "colder" without the dangers of liquid nitrogen (granted the smoke won't be as cold but the smoke can only get so cold before it creates crystals in the water and damages your throat)...just a thought

Yeah, I'm pretty sure salt would do it... do you think it would affect the taste at all though? You'd also have to make sure you don't get salt residues gunking up your base... hmm... interesting idea in any case, might be worth trying.

As for using Nitro... well, i begin to question at what temperature does making it colder really affect the experience?

I think the salt would only be in the ice chamber. The nitrogen is a crazy idea. Crazy stupid, but also crazy awesome. I don't know about making your own container for it, but if they sold one, I might try it out.

The most intricate idea I can come up with for a hookah cooling mechanism would be a tec based cooling system for the smoke. And I believe that below a certain temp the entropy would be too low to effectively disperse flavor which in my opinion would be one of the greater points of hookah other than the social aspect.

• 1 month later...
ive been looking into haveing a ac repair buddy of mine bending some copper in the shape of my hookah base and have a small ac unit hooked up to it...basicly running the coolent threw the coils...the only problem would be the freezing point..wich i think some dank ammount of insolation to keep it from the freezingpoint.but right there at it for the maximum amout of coolness without freezing the base or the water inside...ive also takein AC classes in a trade school...the energy cause of it is no more than maybe 5$ yearly caust.i kno for a fact that the coils can be bent/twisted in that matter..its all just a matter of geting the materals and geting around 2 it smile.gif but its an idea for the books

• 2 months later...
I buy dry ice at the local supermarket, where I know a guy who gives me as much dry ice as I want for $.98. Then I put the dry ice in a cooler and break it with a hammer into smaller sized, easily managed chunks and place them in my ash tray. Works wonderfully and is very cost effective. I'll post pics if I can find some.

Just a bit. No more than 20 seconds, but makes the stem really really cold. Perfect. I love it when I got the spare change and my friend is working. Also, I've never seen the price of dry ice for more than $1.19 a pound.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
QUOTE (dyzel @ Jun 6 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It requires no re filling, no maintainance. just store, (when not in use) inside a box lagged with foam insulation. any time yopu wanna use it, plug it in, enjoy super cold smoke, with no stress of set up or clean up!!!

Comments plkease smile.gif

i use to play paintball, and every now and then a tank would explode if exposed to too much heat. is there any risk that this might happen/has it happened to you?

• 2 months later...
i don't think so because those tanks are under pressure and none of these ideas are under pressure, just normal atmospheric conditions.

all of these ideas sound complicated, i just put ice cubes in the vase and everything works out just fine