You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

chromecarz00

I hate it when, while driving, someone makes eye contact with me, acknowledges that I am approaching far too quickly to safely be pulled out in front of, and then proceeds to do it anyway. It's a good thing I don't drive a diesel. There would be wrecked cars from Florida to Cali with a Dodge Ram logo stamped on their asses.

People who spell the word "hookah" as h-u-k-k-a. That annoys the hell out of me. I'll avoid any establishment or item for sale from somebody who does that, lol.

I hate it when I ask somebody to do something (at work) and they follow up with "So......you want me to (insert thing I just told them to do)." And then they say " What if (insert stupid shit here) happens", and then I say "Go do what I asked and we'll see what happens". And then they say " How about if (insert more stupid shit) happens". And then I say, " Again, do it and see...."

Fucking kids piss me off.[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rant.gif[/img]

....that people don't realize that health care and education have the same solution. F@#$* SCRAP IT AND START OVER, WITHOUT GOVERNMENT OWNERSHIP, ONLY GUIDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when a vendor who sells underground shisha at one of the places I get shisha around town forget who I am and pretend they "dont know what I'm talking about" untill I remind them of the time they "tried to change me double" or the time "you almost burned me" or other various stories that I have to always receit to get them to hand over the over priced shisha that im settling on because my online stuff hasn't arrived yet and I need my fix.

such a waste of time......time I could've spent smoking.

[quote name='Voski' date='05 June 2008 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1212724701' post='260185']
I almost got a ticket for doing double the speed limit yesterday =D.

Merging onto a freeway from another freeway doing 120. I look left when the bushes cleared and I see a cop. I hit my brakes and look down and I'm still doing 80 but so is everyone around us. I down shift and slow down to 65 and get the fuck off the freeway. I think he saw me when I was braking but by that time I was doing 80 so he didn't know how fast I was going exactly.

Stupid drivers grind my gears. Fucking wait for me to pass and then make a left when there are no cars behind me. Use signals and don't fucking park next to me =D.

Oh ya I hate me a prius or a smart car.
[/quote]

I hate when people think that public roads and highways are race tracks and drive dangerously over the speed limit.

[quote name='mattarios2' date='21 January 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1264100195' post='446888']
[quote name='Voski' date='05 June 2008 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1212724701' post='260185']

Merging onto a freeway from another freeway doing 120. I look left when the bushes cleared and I see a cop. I hit my brakes and look down and I'm still doing 80 but so is everyone around us. I down shift and slow down to 65 and get the fuck off the freeway. I think he saw me when I was braking but by that time I was doing 80 so he didn't know how fast I was going exactly.

Stupid drivers grind my gears. Fucking wait for me to pass and then make a left when there are no cars behind me. Use signals and don't fucking park next to me =D.

[/quote]

I hate when people think that public roads and highways are race tracks and drive dangerously over the speed limit.
[/quote]

try driving on the autobahn sometime john. lol

[quote name='mattarios2' date='21 January 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1264100195' post='446888']

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you're ever in Indiana, never get on 465! That road grinds my gears! speed limit is 55 and you have to be going at least 70 or you get ran off the road. and its anywhere from 3-6 lanes and alot of slow moving trucks in there too

being told to leave a liqueur store because the clerk thinks im underage.

being carded for lotto tickets when my younger brother just bought some in front of me without being carded by the same clerk who rang him up. (hes almost 10 years younger then me.)

IM 30 YEARS OLD DAMN IT.

[quote name='Amn_sinclair' date='21 January 2010 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1264104476' post='446908']
[quote name='mattarios2' date='21 January 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1264100195' post='446888']

[/quote]

[/quote]

try driving on the autobahn sometime john. lol
[/quote]

Yeah but in that case, you are ALLOWED to drive that fast. Therefore people EXPECT it, and are PREPARED for it.

[quote name='Stuie' date='20 January 2010 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1264006824' post='446596']
....that people don't realize that health care and education have the same solution. F@#$* SCRAP IT AND START OVER, WITHOUT GOVERNMENT OWNERSHIP, ONLY GUIDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

+1

... When my New SAN unit decides that it will change it's [color="#ff0000"][b]Static IP[/b][/color] whenever the hell it want's too with out any input from me!!!!!

90 minutes to find it to console in, and another 30 just to get it stop doing it. I even had the Dell tech saying WTF!

[quote name='Dom' date='05 June 2008 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1212726474' post='260206']
QUOTE (MechAnt @ Jun 5 2008, 10:57 PM) I hate people that think they know how to use a hookah and in reality don't no jack shit.

ZOMG, i know!!
so i'm at this hoookah lounge that will remain namless and i'm talking to a couple of people smoking there about what kind of tobacco they serve here; just trying to get a feel for the place because i had never smoke there before and had never tried the brand of tobacco they use. this guy thinks that my questions mean that i'm a n00b, so he tries to look all "smart" in front of this girl and starts to go on about, "yeah, this is called shisha and it has stuff like honey or mollasses to make it wet and blah, blah.." like i didn't know what i was talking about. then he started going on about "oh yeah, this tobacco is .05% nicotine, so when you put some tobacco in the bowl, you may not get any nicotine in that particular bow-pack..."

"what?!?!!?"

"yeah. that's what the .05% means"

dumbass. "no, man. that mans that because of the way the tobacco was processed, there is .05% nicotine OVERALL. no matter how much or how little tobacco you have."

"oh..." he said. he also said he had been smoking since he was sixteen. (he was about twenty something)

just because you smoke the hookah doesn't mean that you know dick about it.

i totally shut him up when i started bombarding him with questions abut what kind of hookahs were in the lounge, or wheather the tobacco we were smoking was washed or unwashed. you know, just simple basic stuff. he had nothing to say at all. he just shut up and smoked his hookah.

pwning the n00bs
[/quote]

Noob question, since I'm new to hookah and the forum, but what's the difference between washed and unwashed shisha? I don't wanna be "That guy"

• 2 weeks later...
ugh so after work yesterday i went to the comissary on base to get some stuff to cook dinner. im still in uniform obviously since i just got off work. i left my id in the car cause i never need it while im in uniform and i walk into the comissary, and there is some girl sitting there checking everyones id cards. which is fine to me im in uniform they usually dont ask for an id if your in uniform. but this chick stopped me and asked me for my id card. i told her its in the car. and the stupid girl made me go back and get it in the rain. god damn i mean i know i should have my id on me alright but im in uniform going into the comissary, and im a cop. but some snobby little 15 yo girl says i have to have my id card to come in. ugh like i said i know my fault but just irritated the shit out of me

[quote name='Amn_sinclair' date='04 February 2010 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1265294919' post='449661']
ugh so after work yesterday i went to the comissary on base to get some stuff to cook dinner. im still in uniform obviously since i just got off work. i left my id in the car cause i never need it while im in uniform and i walk into the comissary, and there is some girl sitting there checking everyones id cards. which is fine to me im in uniform they usually dont ask for an id if your in uniform. but this chick stopped me and asked me for my id card. i told her its in the car. and the stupid girl made me go back and get it in the rain. god damn i mean i know i should have my id on me alright but im in uniform going into the comissary, and im a cop. but some snobby little 15 yo girl says i have to have my id card to come in. ugh like i said i know my fault but just irritated the shit out of me

[/quote]

Youre a cop?
When you dont know what women are thinking.

[quote name='Stuie' date='20 January 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1264006824' post='446596']
[/quote]

Stuie, I would be interested to know your views on a couple of questions:

[list=1][*]How do you propose a private (albeit "government guided") education and health system provide service for the less well off people?[*]Do you have in mind any succesful example anywhere in the world?[/list]I can think of various examples of 'all private' systems which are a fail: Chile for health care, increasingly so Switzerland, and of various 'public minded' systems which are, on the whole, big successes: Spain (Health Care), France (HC, Ed.), The Scandinavian countries (HC, Ed.)

[quote name='matias' date='04 February 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1265328924' post='449768']
[quote name='Stuie' date='20 January 2010 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1264006824' post='446596']
[/quote]

[list=1][*]How do you propose a private (albeit "government guided") education and health system provide service for the less well off people?[*]Do you have in mind any successful example anywhere in the world?[/list]I can think of various examples of 'all private' systems which are a fail: Chile for health care, increasingly so Switzerland, and of various 'public minded' systems which are, on the whole, big successes: Spain (Health Care), France (HC, Ed.), The Scandinavian countries (HC, Ed.)
[/quote]

Nope, no ideas.

1. Our government has the ability to muck up any GD thing it can get it's hands in. We are essintially about to get our Credit Rating Dropped by Mosely which is a GD F@#( UP if I have ever seen.

2. All I know is the way it's being done won't work, and a new approach is better. But giving the government control with pass success of Social Security, Welfare and the National Budget...is like giving the mental handicapped a pneumatic nail gun to play with.

"As I see the man trying to mend a wound with a freshly caught trout. I think to myself, I may not have aced health class, but he's doing it wrong." - Stuie

Thought quote summarizes my thoughts on the subject.

US Health care with no Caps on payments and co payments - FAIL!

Public Education with TAKS and other state tests the end up changing the curriculum to Pass this test - FAIL

No child left behind - FAIL

[quote name='Stuie' date='05 February 2010 - 02:21 AM' timestamp='1265332869' post='449779']
[quote name='matias' date='04 February 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1265328924' post='449768']
[/quote]

[list=1][*]How do you propose a private (albeit "government guided") education and health system provide service for the less well off people?[*]Do you have in mind any successful example anywhere in the world?[/list]I can think of various examples of 'all private' systems which are a fail: Chile for health care, increasingly so Switzerland, and of various 'public minded' systems which are, on the whole, big successes: Spain (Health Care), France (HC, Ed.), The Scandinavian countries (HC, Ed.)
[/quote]

Nope, no ideas.

1. Our government has the ability to muck up any GD thing it can get it's hands in. We are essintially about to get our Credit Rating Dropped by Mosely which is a GD F@#( UP if I have ever seen.

2. All I know is the way it's being done won't work, and a new approach is better. But giving the government control with pass success of Social Security, Welfare and the National Budget...is like giving the mental handicapped a pneumatic nail gun to play with.

"As I see the man trying to mend a wound with a freshly caught trout. I think to myself, I may not have aced health class, but he's doing it wrong." - Stuie

Thought quote summarizes my thoughts on the subject.

US Health care with no Caps on payments and co payments - FAIL!

Public Education with TAKS and other state tests the end up changing the curriculum to Pass this test - FAIL

No child left behind - FAIL
[/quote]

I understand a little better your position, but my take on the same observations is quite different. I think we can agree as to the current form of governement failing on these issues, regardless of being Rep or Dem. But, as I see no example anywhere in the world of a succesful "Less government" solution to these problems, it would make me lean not towards less government involvment as you seem to advocate but rather towards more. This might sound like anathema to US ears, but in Europe even quite right-wing governments routinely apply much more intervention and a much higher level of taxation. Though it is not a perfect result everywhere and in all fields, it works in quite a few places. But of course it means high taxes on high incomes (45% to 65% for instance, 20 to 30% for medium incomes and 0 for low incomes, talking very broadly).

I know there will be cries of communism and stifling of enterprise but these countries still have industries, entrepreneurs and economic success. While they might not be World Economic Powers like the USA, their people generally live quite confortably. I know that if I have to choose between being the Mecca of free enterprise and having a confortably living population, I choose the latter. And twice on Sundays.

[quote name='chromecarz00' date='05 February 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1265327111' post='449759']
[quote name='Amn_sinclair' date='04 February 2010 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1265294919' post='449661']

[/quote]

Youre a cop?
When you dont know what women are thinking.
[/quote]

military cop

When two truckers get side by side on a two lane highway. Then drag race each other for 15 miles blocking traffic behind them.

People who try and act like they know everything about whatever it is, then I prove them wrong on so many occasions and the only response they have is...why dont you do something about it? Seriously going to act tough because I proved you wrong in front of your friends. SO grown up of you.

Individuals who stand in line at (insert restaurant) and expect the person behind the register to know what they are going to order because they are a "regular" Then raise hell because they dont think they should have to say what they want to eat because its the employees responsibility to know. <<< happened last week. Lady refused to say her order and refused to let anyone else order because not a single person there knows what her "usual" is. Seriously?