You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

chromecarz00

People that sign their name at the bottom of everything when you know who the hell it is. Forums, email, notes, etc

- conspiracy theorists who don't know what the hell they're talking about. I love conspiracies just as much as the next guy, but you have to be more skeptical about a conspiracy than a lot of people are. If you're going to be skeptical about the truth don't be a hypocrite and accept a conspiracy because some guy on some website said something 'profound'

- People who find one term/word that they just learned or they think holds some meaning and they use it, over and over and over. Simply to appear smart or to attempt to dislodge a point in a debate. We get it, you can read, now explain your points more clearly rather than throw out terms that hide you graduated from an online 'college'.

Right now love really grinds my gears. Meh...

QUOTE (esheg4ever23 @ Jul 16 2008, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My car does look somewhat motivating but wtf?

That made me laugh pretty good!

managers who are assholes and play games with you to try and get you to work harder for goals that they don't plan on ever letting you reach sad.gif

• 2 months later...
People who ditch you and only want to have a friendship on their terms after you've invested time and energy to keep things going. Screw them.

People who wear those damn little bluetooth things even when they're not talking on the phone! Why the hell do people do that?! "Oh, I'm so important, when my phone rings, I won't even have the time to reach into my pocket to get my phone out, it's THAT urgent!" What the hell is the point of that? The only people I want to see wearing earpieces in public are secret service agents, that's it. So, unless you're planning on taking a bullet for the president, take it out of your ear!

People who write "Wash me!" on my car. Ok, I know it's dirty but I drive a black car and it rains every damn day so even if I do clean it, it will be dirty in another day or two. Oh, OH! And if you don't even have a car and comment on how dirty mine is (It's not even that dirty, to be honest) then don't even say anything to me. If you do, I'm coming after you with bat.

People who talk about hookahs and don't have a freaking clue what they're talking about. In general, this annoys me. Don't try to lecture me on the mechanics of antique cars if you've never spent a minute under the hood! Don't try to tell me how to change my oil if you've never done it yourself! Why must people always feel so superior to everyone else?

• 1 month later...
what really grinds my gears is...
when people reply to your thread with nothing but a link to another thread on that forum. that's just a rude thing to do. i think i may have done it myself, before. but felt shitty and edited it later. this is an asshole way of saying, "hey, i don't have anything to say to you except: your thread is pointless and has already been covered. read the forums before you post." you all know what i'm talking about.

so this dude on this new forum i'm a part of did that shit. when i made it clear that i HAVE read the forums, but i was also saying other stuff, too. he posted a link to a thread right under mine in that forum.

hey, guy, before you suggest that i read the forums, why don't you read my ENTIRE thread first?! hypocrite.

w/e. no hard feelings toward that guy. like i said, i've been that guy before, too. (but at least i edited it before anyone had a chance to read it)

here's the thread:
http://www.okdancemusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=883

...and that's what really grinds my gears. thanks for listening to me vent.

• 4 months later...
Hey all. I just needed a place to vent and remembered this thread; hopefully it'll come in handy for you all as well.
I hate some people. I really dont like talking about myself so only telling part of the story here.
I've always considered myself to be a stand-up guy, one whos there for people not because of who they are relation-ship wise to me, but there for everyone (minus a few exceptions who I couldn't care less about, and if it really came down to the wire I probably would end up helping them as well).
Now I can't say that people have taken advantage of me, because I offer to be the shoulder for everyone to lean on and thats what I'm used as, but it really bugs me when people just sometimes use and leave. Like if I'm there for you in your time of need, I don't need anything in return, except one thing; friendship. I really wish that if I do a favor like this I would just get your friendship back; I genuinely don't think that its too much to ask. Those who are close to me tell me I'm too good of a friend, too forgiving, that I give too much and don't ask enough, etc etc. I feel as though I'm beginning to sound a bit like an advertisement, so let me move on.
I, literally, am Hitch. In mostly every way you can imagine. Ive had a number of girlfriends; I've never broken up with any of them.
I don't understand why when I give so much and I'm fair, friendship seems to be too much to ask. I'm in a new college, its so hard to make friends because everyone turns a cold shoulder. All my old friends seem to have forgotten, or dont respond, or are just downright rude.
In conclusion I hate people. And thats what grinds my gears.

• 1 month later...
It grinds my gears when people online (here included) have names that are just a mix of letters and numbers. I can't even remember my own liscence plate #, how am I going to tell you apart?

Sorry JHC666 I wont remember who you are. Or you FDR2089.

Just a little pet peeve...

I hate people that dont know how to reshelve the magazines they got out to read while sitting in the coffee shop I work in. I am not your mother, I should not have to clean up after you, if you got it out, put it back where you got it from.

Also, at same coffee shop, people that leave empty cups or food on the tables inside, or outside. Once again, I am not your mother, clean up after yourself and throw your trash away, and if you continue to leave a mess, I will ban you from the store, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Just a couple of the things that grind my gears.

QUOTE (ashes87 @ May 31 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate people that dont know how to reshelve the magazines they got out to read while sitting in the coffee shop I work in. I am not your mother, I should not have to clean up after you, if you got it out, put it back where you got it from.

Also, at same coffee shop, people that leave empty cups or food on the tables inside, or outside. Once again, I am not your mother, clean up after yourself and throw your trash away, and if you continue to leave a mess, I will ban you from the store, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Just a couple of the things that grind my gears.

2 things. 1st, be glad you have a job. I've been unemployed for 2-3 weeks now, NOT fun! Also, consider those quirks job security smile.gif

True, but people making a mess on purpose, such as: leaving melted skittles on the table, or throwing nerds candy all over the patio, and then we, the cafe workers, have to clean it up, really hacks me off.

Yes, Im very thankful for my job, but at the same time, some of it is a bunch of crap.

i hate the koreans that walk up right behind you in the line at mcdonald's...they're close enough to where you can feel them breathing on you and if you back up, you'll probably be nuts to butt with the douche. and to make matters worse, when you TRY and move forward to get some space, they move right along with you!!

If all of us that have considered moving because of civil liberty infractions actually moved there wouldn't be much of a populace left lol.

It grinds my gears that the braless downblouse I witnessed on register at work the other day was ruined for me by the smug loaded nerd paying for her groceries smirking at me and her incessant use of the word "like".