You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

chromecarz00

you know what really grinds my gears?

1) when i am the last person to post on a thread and no one else responds, leaving it to die. i hate being the thread-killer. lol. usually only happens when i particularly expect someone to reply. lol

2) iono if it's just me, but i hate when someone will ask a question on the forums and i'll reply to it and type as fast as i can humanly type, but then when the page refreshes, i see that someone has beaten me to it. i feel like a dope. haha. for me, it's like one of those trivia shows on TV, if there's a question that i know, i get all excited about it and try to reply as soon as i can. lol. (gawd, i'm weird)

edit:
3) the fact that since i'm using a navy ship's internet, i can't view youtubbe or photobucket stuff. freakin' stupid!! they say it's because those websites are a form of communication and they can't control it since it's on the internet. so they disable acess to photobucket pics. so like when someone posts a funny pic, i miss out completely. retarted. oh well, i guess i should be glad that they don't know about this forum. haha...[looks over shoulder] smile.gif Edited by Dom

QUOTE (Dom @ Jun 25 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3) the fact that since i'm using a navy ship's internet, i can't view youtubbe or photobucket stuff. freakin' stupid!! they say it's because those websites are a form of communication and they can't control it since it's on the internet. so they disable acess to photobucket pics. so like when someone posts a funny pic, i miss out completely. retarted. oh well, i guess i should be glad that they don't know about this forum. haha...[looks over shoulder] smile.gif

WTF? So... what else is the internet for if not communication? lol. Think about it, what else can you really do with no media and only text....hmmm I wonder.

That grinds my gears they're being dumbasses about it lol.

It really grinds my gears when people answer their cell phone in the middle of class. I hate that shit.

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Jun 26 2008, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Dom @ Jun 25 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3) the fact that since i'm using a navy ship's internet, i can't view youtubbe or photobucket stuff. freakin' stupid!! they say it's because those websites are a form of communication and they can't control it since it's on the internet. so they disable acess to photobucket pics. so like when someone posts a funny pic, i miss out completely. retarted. oh well, i guess i should be glad that they don't know about this forum. haha...[looks over shoulder] smile.gif

WTF? So... what else is the internet for if not communication? lol. Think about it, what else can you really do with no media and only text....hmmm I wonder.

That grinds my gears they're being dumbasses about it lol.

thank you.
like the thread in the main forum where we post pictures of ourselves, it's just a big blank page with little red X's everywhere. whatever, i'm over it. most people have pics of themselves as an avatar anyway. lol. or i can just go to thier profile. whatev

it's funny; whenever something really secret happens onboard, like when our ship caught on fire, or when we had problems in the machinery room, they'll cut off e-mail or both e-mail and internet. whenever they cut off just the e-mail, i was still able to communicate with my wife back home through the messenger on this forum.
that's one of the many reasons why i love this forum.
if they knew i was doing that, i'd probably lose access to my computer account here on the ship. haha. they are such n00bs! Edited by Dom

You know what really grinds my gears? When people don't spit enough hot fire and they just wont step it up. Edited by giant ninja robot

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Jun 28 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what really grinds my gears? Anybody on this thread who has an intollerance for someone because of their dress, linguistics, culture, etc. Seriously?

I'm sorry that you feel threatened by other ways of life
but gimme a break. I guarantee that people have thought similar things of you.

Get past your damn cocky, exclude everyone who isn't just like me attitude and f-ing appreciate people for who they are and expand your mind a little. Or leave America and go somewhere that isn't a melting pot of cultures and styles. Maybe your own special island full of mirrors and pictures of yourself with NO HOOKAH! I know that's rough but...

prejudice sucks. angry.gif mad.gif dash2.gif

Valid point. However as a new guy to the forum not quite sure if it is wise to go about like that. Remember that this thread is intended to express opinions. My opinion of the Godfather was that it wasn't a good movie. Couldn't even finish the damn thing, I don't know what all the fuss was about. Although thats a blatant FG quote, It couldn't express my opinion more accurately.
Anyways. Sidetracked. Everyone is allowed to have opinons as long as it doesnt affect their conduct.
To modify your post; Shown Prejudice sucks.

I´d be suprised to find much racism on a hookah forum....

Grinds my gears:

• When someone leaves the juice jug empty in the fridge.
  • Having to shave with an old razor blade.
  • When people get pissed off at my for making a generalization or stereotype, after using the world "usually."
  • Packing
  • When someone blindly supports a political party
  • Popped collars
  • Condescending frat boys. I´ve got not problem with frats, just those select few....

You know what grinds my gears? When you are in a long line and somebody needs to put one thing on the belt at a time and check the price to make sure it is correct. Then this lady writes a check. Needs to ask who to make the check out to?? wtf. I think if you are in Wal Mart you make the check out to Target the last time I checked...OMG Chain Store Rage!! lol

If I am in line and writing a check I have the name of the store, date, and signed and just wait for the amount. I use a debit card any ways. Checks are good for rent and child support.

You know what else grind my gears Boston sports fans... shut up already! Congradulations you've won 2 world series in the past 90 something years. Congradulations you had a perfect season and ruined it. Congradulations you beat the Lakers; really, thats great I mean me and 4 friends can beat Kobe too.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Jun 28 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what really grinds my gears? Anybody on this thread who has an intollerance for someone because of their dress, linguistics, culture, etc. Seriously?

I'm sorry that you feel threatened by other ways of life
but gimme a break. I guarantee that people have thought similar things of you.

Get past your damn cocky, exclude everyone who isn't just like me attitude and f-ing appreciate people for who they are and expand your mind a little. Or leave America and go somewhere that isn't a melting pot of cultures and styles. Maybe your own special island full of mirrors and pictures of yourself with NO HOOKAH! I know that's rough but...

prejudice sucks. angry.gif mad.gif dash2.gif

1. I dont have an intolerance of others because of their dress, linguistics, or culture. If it is in your cultural background to wear baggy pants, have your hat at 40 degrees up and 30 degrees to the right, with your mouth hanging open and your collar popped, then more power to you. But I guaran-damn-tee you that your mother didnt teach you to dress that way. If you have the need to speak ebonics as a white man, asian man, or latino (man being a superlative of race), I look down upon that. That isnt in your culture. This nation speaks English, clear simple English. Not some bastardized version of it.

2. I can guarantee you that no one has looked at me and thought "I wish that kid would pull his pants up, put his hat on straight, straighten his collar out, close his mouth, have some respect, and speak to me in clear concise English." If one of those with the afformentioned personality and culture traits looked at me and thought my culture or linguistics or dress was somehow inferior to theirs, fuck them.

3. I do appreciate people for who they are. It's the other side that has to reciprocate.

It grinds my gears when people complain about racsim when it's clearly unfounded. Yes I realize, unfortunately, there are still racists in the world..and tech. Everyone is racist to a point. But that's beside the point.

Like Bulldog mentioned about persona. If you go to a job interview with dreads, sagging pants, sandals, hemp shirt, bandanna, a hat, a huge belt buckle, a popped collar, tons of bling around the neck, or just a dumb ass attitude. Then you get turned down and all of a sudden it's "racism" no it's not, you're just not qualified, or you at least didn't make a good impression.

A separate but linked issue is affirmative action. I understand the purpose for it, I support the reason, however, everything has it's very bad sides. I think the person who is the most qualified should get the job, fuck equality, you want the best in your company not who you're told to hire.

It's also caused way too many problems for companies when they didn't hire someone of a certain skin color and were sued over it.

Seriously now, step it up while spitting the hot fire! Geez! Edited by giant ninja robot

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Jul 1 2008, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn bohemians

*sigh* It probably didn't cross your mind that someone who actually is Bohemian would read that. And yeah, I know you were talking about the lifestyle, but still...

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jul 1 2008, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Jul 1 2008, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn bohemians

*sigh* It probably didn't cross your mind that someone who actually is Bohemian would read that. And yeah, I know you were talking about the lifestyle, but still...

wry.gif lol. That was intentional. Dry humor doesn't really translate well on the posts.

It's something that just irritates me. No hard feelings.

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jul 1 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's something that just irritates me. No hard feelings.

None at all man. As a former dread and one with many bohemian friends it was a joke to poke fun at myself not you.

You know what really grinds my gears?

TRAFFIC!!!!!!! People who do 55mph on the freeway. You have know idea how many times I was running late in the morning and hit traffic, only to eventually pass the slow poke and hit open water.

dude, the major road i'm next to has a 45 limit which means at least 45.

The fast lane is always packed with people going 35 or under.

What the crap is that?

You have my sympathies...

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Jun 30 2008, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what grinds my gears? When you are in a long line and somebody needs to put one thing on the belt at a time and check the price to make sure it is correct. Then this lady writes a check. Needs to ask who to make the check out to?? wtf. I think if you are in Wal Mart you make the check out to Target the last time I checked...OMG Chain Store Rage!! lol

If I am in line and writing a check I have the name of the store, date, and signed and just wait for the amount. I use a debit card any ways. Checks are good for rent and child support.

As a cashier that annoys me more then anything.

Things that grind my gears,
Customers that don't listen. I work at the customer service counter, I just had a lady come in with an $85 goverment check. She asked if I could cash it, I looked at it and said yes but there will be a $2 fee. She then said Oh I didnt sign the back. I then cashed it gave her the $83, she then freaked out saying that I should of told her about the fee... I had other customers that I had to help so I just opened the drawer and gave her the $2...

Customers that expect us to do everything perfectly. We are a grocery store that happens to cut keys and make hunting licenses. This guy came in and asked for a hunting license, in the 4 years I have been working here I have probably only made about a half dozen, and I explained this to him. The little computer termanal that we use is really slow so it was taking forever. I then bring the book over to him to make sure that I am going to print the right thing. He then gets pissed off starts yelling that it was taking way too long. I give him his drivers license back, he starts to walk out saying how he should of just gone to the sporting goods store. Then when he is about halfway to the door he turns around and yells "Learn your F**king job!" The best part of this is that there were other customers waiting at the counter, once he leaves one of them says wow that guy was a dick, and every one agrees.

Customers that walk past me at the counter, not saying anything, then wait at the other end for me to walk down there and help them. Also people that walk right up to the counter, then just keep walking into the store. I always see them and stand up to go help them and then they just keep walking, not needing my help.

Rude customers. This guy brought in a couple glass bottles that would not go through the bottle return machine. I give him credit for those then ask him to put them in the cart in the end of the counter. (I don't want to touch the wet and sticky bottles.) He stands there for a second and says "Good thing your not paid by tips."

People that want there photos done sooner then an hour. Yes it only takes me 30 mins to print your photos, but there are most likely photos in head of you and I've got other customers to help, so I cant give my complete attention to your photos.

I help customers in the order that I see them, If there is a line forming on one side of the counter, and you stand on the other side I cant tell when you walked up. Some things take longer then others. Postal takes alot longer then printing a lotto ticket. Get used to it, I will help you when it is your turn.

People that bring items to check out, when there is a line of other customers. That is not fair to the other customers. You can walk upfront and check out there, they can not pick up their drycleaning upfront. You are making them wait.

Thats all I can think of... Some1 will probably do something else to piss me off tonght tho...

MICROSOFT REALLY GRINDS MY FUCKING GEARS! I had my next big order planned out on Microsoft Excel. Microsoft comes out with a new version of Excel and my computer automatically downloads it. Well, it fucked up the file that I had saved on my computer. Was there anything wrong with the old Microsoft Excel? NO! FUCK YOU, MICROSOFT! ireful.gif