You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

chromecarz00

ya know what really grinds my gears? when you're on campus and you hear someone shouting "free milk and cookies inside." when you get inside, you have to listen to the word of Jesus Christ in order to receive said milk and cookies.

O well, they got what was coming to them...there was a booth set up next to them shouting "chocolate vaginas"...they were selling chocolate vaginas on a stick to advertise for the Vagina Monologues. lol

I am having a terrible week, if i could list all the things pissing me off id be here all night. but, the latest one is just so ridiculous that its almost funny...

so i like backgammon and my mom has an old vintage 70's board. the one with the brown leatherette case with the stripes, the brown and arrows, and the brown and cream colored bakelight pieces, full size board. I wanted one similar to that, so i went to ebay, only place i think i could find one like that and i don't have time to be going to yard sales and the such. I wanted to spend like 20 bucks. so, i finally found one that was selling for like 17 bucks, so i put in my bid and won. cool deal. I was a bit skeptical because the description was lacking, but i figured, as long as i get what is in the picture, who cares, i don't mind if it is a bit worn out or if some of the pieces are cracked, whatever, no big deal.

Get this, I get the board in today, and i got totally screwed. they sent some brand new piece of shit travel size board...like the crap ass ones you could probably buy from walmart for 5-10 bucks. it looks absolutely NOTHING like the picture. like, i would be willing to bet if i opened it up and tried to use it, the fucking thing would break in no time....cheap piece of shit.

I just don't understand why people these days are so fucking low down. Everybody wants to go out and screw someone else to make a buck. no one seems to have a since of responsibility or integrity these days. if your going to sell shit on ebay, advertise it properly...i think i am about done with eBay, my success rate with their bullshit keeps going down and down. I also bought a internet cable off there a week or so ago...needed a 30' cable and didn't want to spend 40 bucks on one, so i bought one off ebay for 7 bucks shipped....it came it as a cheap piece of shit too, but it works, so whatever, i don't care. but this fucking backgammon board is a joke. like, im so pissed about this that i am going to file a dispute with our "friends" at Money Friend if i don't get a refund. ya, im only out 17 bucks, which in all honesty is not the end of the world, i realize that, but the only reason i am going to pursue this is because i don't want this low down seller getting away with this.

and ya, i do realize a 17 dollar ebay transaction is not something to get so irate over, but fuck me, i am having a terrible week and this is just kinda the icing on the cake. hopefully ill have a panic attack and pass out or something, or maybe i can get hit by a car or something, im getting soo fed up.

Tyler, I know all about shitty weeks.

Ive been having a fairly normal one, and today I do something out of the ordinary - I dressed up very girly.

All of my friends at the college loved it and either said I looked nice, beautiful, or sexy, and all in good ways.

Fast forward to when I get home, my mom takes one look at me - she was asleep when I left this morning - and says I look like a street walker. Talk about her royally screwing my day up and putting in one the worst moods Ive been put into in quite a long time.

Just made me want to punch a brick wall or something, and it just sucked because about the only thing that cheered me up tonight was going to church.

[quote name='ashes87' date='18 February 2010 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1266475714' post='452103']
Tyler, I know all about shitty weeks.

Ive been having a fairly normal one, and today I do something out of the ordinary - I dressed up very girly.

All of my friends at the college loved it and either said I looked nice, beautiful, or sexy, and all in good ways.

Fast forward to when I get home, my mom takes one look at me - she was asleep when I left this morning - and says I look like a street walker. Talk about her royally screwing my day up and putting in one the worst moods Ive been put into in quite a long time.

Just made me want to punch a brick wall or something, and it just sucked because about the only thing that cheered me up tonight was going to church.
[/quote]

Only one way to find out the solution to this problem...post the pic or text it to me ;)

but really, i have been learning a lot about life in the past couple days. I have pretty well learned to say fuck everyone except family and some close friends. People are always going to let you down, its expected. I personally have been setting my expectations for others WAY too high. Lower your standards, its the only way to go...realize the average person sucks and go on. Also realize that the average person will only give you attention when they want something, after that, MIA.

I hear ya there, all i have wanted to do all day is punch shit, but unfortunately i live in the dorms and can't afford to pay for damages. I am heavily considering going to town on one of the bathroom stall doors when no one is around, that way i can't be charged (i hope?) I normally am against that type of thing, but last semester i got a $50 bullshit parking ticket from the pricks at campus DPS and they lied to me the entire time, so i have been looking for a way to get my $50 bucks back. I think $50 worth of damaging shit would suffice. I know last time i got into a fist fight, that felt a whole lot better, unfortunately, im not in high school anymore :P the guy i was fighting actually knocked the shit out of me, but i still felt really good afterward, haha. then again, he was over 6' and i was 5' 8" at best, so it wasn't the fairest of fights, lol.

oddly enough, knitting seems to relax me. you should try it sometime, its not hard. also try getting on .us and eric will give a lot of good advice...or PM him on either, whichever works for you.

• 2 weeks later...
You know what REALLY grinds my gears? When I post a new thread and the first person to reply quotes my original post, even if it's a long original post with pictures, and then they add their reply...

NO NEED TO QUOTE THE ORIGINAL POST, PEOPLE!

I try to only quote a post when I reply when I'm replying to a specific person and want to eliminate confusion as to who I'm addressing...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='28 February 2010 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1267381992' post='454328']
You know what REALLY grinds my gears? When I post a new thread and the first person to reply quotes my original post, even if it's a long original post with pictures, and then they add their reply...

NO NEED TO QUOTE THE ORIGINAL POST, PEOPLE!

I try to only quote a post when I reply when I'm replying to a specific person and want to eliminate confusion as to who I'm addressing...
[/quote]