You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

chromecarz00

I almost got a ticket for doing double the speed limit yesterday =D.

Merging onto a freeway from another freeway doing 120. I look left when the bushes cleared and I see a cop. I hit my brakes and look down and I'm still doing 80 but so is everyone around us. I down shift and slow down to 65 and get the fuck off the freeway. I think he saw me when I was braking but by that time I was doing 80 so he didn't know how fast I was going exactly.

Stupid drivers grind my gears. Fucking wait for me to pass and then make a left when there are no cars behind me. Use signals and don't fucking park next to me =D.

Oh ya I hate me a prius or a smart car.

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Jun 5 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate people that think they know how to use a hookah and in reality don't no jack shit.

ZOMG, i know!!
so i'm at this hoookah lounge that will remain namless and i'm talking to a couple of people smoking there about what kind of tobacco they serve here; just trying to get a feel for the place because i had never smoke there before and had never tried the brand of tobacco they use. this guy thinks that my questions mean that i'm a n00b, so he tries to look all "smart" in front of this girl and starts to go on about, "yeah, this is called shisha and it has stuff like honey or mollasses to make it wet and blah, blah.." like i didn't know what i was talking about. then he started going on about "oh yeah, this tobacco is .05% nicotine, so when you put some tobacco in the bowl, you may not get any nicotine in that particular bow-pack..."

"what?!?!!?"

"yeah. that's what the .05% means"

dumbass. "no, man. that mans that because of the way the tobacco was processed, there is .05% nicotine OVERALL. no matter how much or how little tobacco you have."

"oh..." he said. he also said he had been smoking since he was sixteen. (he was about twenty something)

just because you smoke the hookah doesn't mean that you know dick about it.

i totally shut him up when i started bombarding him with questions abut what kind of hookahs were in the lounge, or wheather the tobacco we were smoking was washed or unwashed. you know, just simple basic stuff. he had nothing to say at all. he just shut up and smoked his hookah.

pwning the n00bs

QUOTE (voski @ Jun 5 2008, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Merging onto a freeway from another freeway doing 120. I look left when the bushes cleared and I see a cop. I hit my brakes and look down and I'm still doing 80 but so is everyone around us. I down shift and slow down to 65 and get the fuck off the freeway. I think he saw me when I was braking but by that time I was doing 80 so he didn't know how fast I was going exactly.

Stupid drivers grind my gears. Fucking wait for me to pass and then make a left when there are no cars behind me. Use signals and don't fucking park next to me =D.

it grinds your gears that you alost got a ticket??????you were doing a buck twenty yo.dont know if that was the part that grinded your gears or the other but if that grinds your gears your crazy

QUOTE (Dereksd @ Jun 5 2008, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (voski @ Jun 5 2008, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it grinds your gears that you alost got a ticket??????you were doing a buck twenty yo.dont know if that was the part that grinded your gears or the other but if that grinds your gears your crazy

No no he brought up slow drivers and I thought it was appropriate to mention that. It doesn't grind my gears at all I was so happy I didn't get a ticket!

ha k i thought thats what you were gettin at just checkin vosk.thats something that grinds my gears when people complain about being treated unfairly by cops when they werent.i want to be a cop and i respect what they do alot.ive had run ins with dick cops but ive had run ins with dick every kind of people and doesnt effect my feelings towards em.one cop in arizona got me doing 94 in a 65 and dropped it to 89 so i could do driving school he was really old but super rad and i gave him one of my bands cds for his kids and he was stoked about it.i deserved the ticket and didnt complain but the fact that he did that for me was amazing cause he could have taken me in for reckless driving

and vosk dont do over a hundred fool its a reckless driving felony and you can also get charged with puplic endangerment.bad news all around man and i like seein you round the forum and not in the pokey Edited by Dereksd

QUOTE (Dereksd @ Jun 5 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and vosk dont do over a hundred fool its a reckless driving felony and you can also get charged with puplic endangerment.bad news all around man and i like seein you round the forum and not in the pokey

in Virginia, it's reckless driving if you do 80mph or over. same charge goes if you go more than 20mph over the posted speed limit. and since june of last year (i think) in VA, you have to get a Lawyer if you get a ticket for either one of those things. so yeah. it sucks.

The hell I do whatever speed I please...(safely)
Anyways. I also hate those who don't know shit but think they do. I also hate the idea of education defining what a person is worth in this world. Edited by chromecarz00

Keep the speed on the track kids, and dont do drugs! biggrin.gif

Nah, but I hate it when dudes are blasting rap past my house and its literally shaking my fucking windows. If I can feel it in my balls, it's too fucking loud! Notice, quiet neighborhood. I'm really tempted to track one of these assholes to his apartment or whatever and lay a boombox right next to his fucking door, wait for him to go to bed and then blast the shit out of it. That, my friends, would be excellent payback.

I agree, people who don't know what the hell they're going on about grind the fuck out of my gears.

Totally with you mechant and dom. I've got a friend who's been hanging around this "overly nice guy" lately (you know what i mean) and so the first time he got introduced to hookah was about 3 weeks ago and he's smoked a handful of times. Well right away he goes and buys off an (unnammed) overpriced site. He gets a 32" 3 hoser. He has no clue how to set it up, and the only reason he didn't forget coals is because they came with it. Then he wants to go off and act like he's such a badass cool guy b/c he has a hookah and apparently now he's an "expert" since he was telling me the best kind of shisha the other day laugh.gif

QUOTE (bjelder @ Jun 5 2008, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^owned!

I hate rent-a-cops on power trips.

Mhmm I'm with you, personally I just stand there and talk to them and get them to fuck themselves up with their own logic.

Even works with real cops if you know what you're doing wink.gif But most of the cops I've met are actually nice guys so I don't mess with them too much.

I hate people who drive fast like morons. People who are safe, fast drivers (e.g. dont weave traffic, slow down when they see brake lights, etc) are ok. Moron fast drivers are just stupid.
Besides drivers...It really grinds my gears that chicks have periods.

Not the periods themselves but how they act during. Edited by chromecarz00

QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ Jun 6 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not the periods themselves but how they act during.

Have a pinch of sympathy for your old mate Johnny then. Stuck the wrong side of the pond
with 4 FEMALES in his house. You can cut the -ing hormones with a knife*

JD

* - You wouldn't though. Because you would be -ing INSANE to actually allow knives around during 'that week' tongue.gif

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 6 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chromecarz00 @ Jun 6 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not the periods themselves but how they act during.

Have a pinch of sympathy for your old mate Johnny then. Stuck the wrong side of the pond
with 4 FEMALES in his house. You can cut the -ing hormones with a knife*

JD

* - You wouldn't though. Because you would be -ing INSANE to actually allow knives around during 'that week' tongue.gif

Lol, so true. I had a g/f that once had PMDD the depression thing that went along with it (she would act more crazy than depressed though) so of course I had something to look forward to every month :-P

Something else that grinds my gears, are people that either A) go around you in a right hand turning lane or cool.gif aren't considerate enough to move when you need to get over and they're the only car in your way

Wankstas...

No question...
I hate the suburban kids who think they are ghetto due to the fact that they have a 50 cent poster on their wall. So they try to claim a gang to be cool until they get jumped for false claiming. I also hate black suburban kids that think they are automatically ghetto due to the color of their skin. I hate Soulja Boy and any other "bubblegum rap"

I hate how the world is turning into an overly PC place. I was reading up somewhere and it said that it's impolite to say bless you because it draws attention to the person that sneezed. What kind of shit is that? Saying bless you is called being polite. I hate chavs (I been to england...saw to many of em). I hate bad drivers. I hate emo's. I hate people who think that because they are "liek phailing evry klass" they are cool.

Another thing I hate is that parents these days are to afraid to smack their children. All these shows about kids hitting their parents...Whatever happened to the belt? The waffle print slipper? whatever kitchen utensil your parent was holding at the time. I was whooped as a kid when I needed to be and It did me better.

Those are the things that grind my gears

I really hate it when people call your cell number on accident REPEATEDLY! I've had my cell number for about 5 or 6 years now, and as long as I've had it I would get a call with someone asking for Daryl. It doesn't happen that often these days but when I first got my number I'd get a call like that about once every other week. It came to a head about 3 years ago. I was excited because I finally got to sleep in for the first time in about 2 months. First day of spring break my phone rings at 7:30 AM and the converstation goes like this...

Me: Hello?
Caller: Is Daryl there?
Me: No! He's not! I don't know any Daryl. I never have and I most likely never will. You've got the wrong phone number. Please don't call again...
Caller: Oh... Ok... Well if you see Daryl could you tell him that the meeting was changed from 10 am to 9 am?
Me: ...Yeah OK I'll do that...

Another time someone called and when I told them they had the wrong phone number they got a real bad attitude about it and I ended up yelling, "DON'T GET THAT ATTITUDE WITH ME, BITCH!", and then we both hung up.

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 6 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really hate it when people call your cell number on accident REPEATEDLY! I've had my cell number for about 5 or 6 years now, and as long as I've had it I would get a call with someone asking for Daryl. It doesn't happen that often these days but when I first got my number I'd get a call like that about once every other week. It came to a head about 3 years ago. I was excited because I finally got to sleep in for the first time in about 2 months. First day of spring break my phone rings at 7:30 AM and the converstation goes like this...

Me: No! He's not! I don't know any Daryl. I never have and I most likely never will. You've got the wrong phone number. Please don't call again...
Caller: Oh... Ok... Well if you see Daryl could you tell him that the meeting was changed from 10 am to 9 am?

Another time someone called and when I told them they had the wrong phone number they got a real bad attitude about it and I ended up yelling, "DON'T GET THAT ATTITUDE WITH ME, BITCH!", and then we both hung up.

that's pretty funny. lol_hitting.gif same thing happens to me. i sit there for five minutes telling this repeated caller that i don't know this person and they just think i'm lieing to them or something. i hate it.

QUOTE (SuburbanSmoker @ Jun 6 2008, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Emo kids really grind my gears.

+1. but on the other hand, it's just what kids are doing these days. i'm not one of them, they stay out of my way and they don't bother me too much anymore. but yes, they are funny. haha. (but then again, they'd probably look at me and say, "dumb raver! go back to the '90's" lol)

QUOTE (.cOLt.45. @ Jun 6 2008, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.... I hate chavs (I been to england...saw to many of em)...

what are "chavs?"

QUOTE (.cOLt.45. @ Jun 6 2008, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wankstas...

No question...
I hate the suburban kids who think they are ghetto due to the fact that they have a 50 cent poster on their wall. So they try to claim a gang to be cool until they get jumped for false claiming. I also hate black suburban kids that think they are automatically ghetto due to the color of their skin. I hate Soulja Boy and any other "bubblegum rap"

I hate how the world is turning into an overly PC place. I was reading up somewhere and it said that it's impolite to say bless you because it draws attention to the person that sneezed. What kind of shit is that? Saying bless you is called being polite. I hate chavs (I been to england...saw to many of em). I hate bad drivers. I hate emo's. I hate people who think that because they are "liek phailing evry klass" they are cool.

Another thing I hate is that parents these days are to afraid to smack their children. All these shows about kids hitting their parents...Whatever happened to the belt? The waffle print slipper? whatever kitchen utensil your parent was holding at the time. I was whooped as a kid when I needed to be and It did me better.

Those are the things that grind my gears

I'm with you 100% on this.

PC sucks, people should express themselves the way they please and if someone doesn't agree they should just not be around that person if they can't stand it.

Kids should get whipped, it makes them well rounded, not abuse mental/physical/verbal and not constantly but it's a great negative reinforcer.

And I'm with you I hate the "ghetto" kids who think they're bad ass b/c they wear a popped collar and a 50 cent hat, or the kids who dress like rappers and thinks that makes them hard core. Even though the rappers are wearing suits and sitting in mansions rapping about stuff they don't have much of a clue about.

The whole "chav" thing is sort of like southern red necks. I hate the misconception that all southerns are stupid and are rednecks. But just the really idiotic close minded people (which are everywhere).

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jun 6 2008, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It annoys me when someone calls me....then asks who they're talking to. WTF? Don't fucking call me and ask for my name. If anything the first words out of your mouth should be. "Hi, this is so and so did I catch you at a bad time?"

One time I had a guy text me repeatly thinking I was a girl he knew and apparently the girl was cheating on her boyfriend/fiancee.

He wouldn't believe me when I said I was a guy and didn't know wtf he was talking about. So I told his ass to call me. When I picked up and heard a deep voice that sounded like I could beat his ass through the phone he hung up lol.

People who drive 10-20 miles over the speed limit and tailgate really grind my gears. I understand that the left lane is the passing lane, but no one should need to pass anyone if they're going a few miles over the speed limit. I don't like being forced into the lane with all the trucks going 10 miles under the speed limit (required by law) just because some douchebag thinks they're Speed ****ing Racer. I love how quick some are to throw out the "left lane is the passing lane" law when they're borderline felons at the speeds they drive.

*endrant* Edited by Ralleac